The AD&D L- Modules: Len Lakofka's Lendore Isle Series (with Free Downloads)

Gary Gygax's original D&D world, where Dungeons & Dragons came to life in the greatest show on Oerth!
The Book-House: Find Greyhawk products.

Moderators: Cthulhudrew, OldDawg

Havard
Dragon Turtle

The AD&D L- Modules: Len Lakofka's Lendore Isle Series (with Free Downloads)

Post by Havard »

The AD&D L- Modules: Len Lakofka's Lendore Isle Series
  • L1 The Secret of Bone Hill ( levels 2–4) Lenard Lakofka 1981 - Official download: text, cover, maps, art
  • L2 9057 The Assassin's Knot ( levels 2–5) Lenard Lakofka 1983 . Dungeon Magazine ranked this module the 29th greatest adventure of all time in 2004.
  • L3 9844 Deep Dwarven Delve ( levels 3–6) Lenard Lakofka 1999 - Meant to be published in the 1980s but cancelled, finally printed as part of TSR Silver Anniversary boxed set
  • L4 Devilspawn (levels 3–5) Lenard Lakofka 2010 - Official download
  • L4C The Lendore Isle Companion (levels 1-5) Lenard Lakofka 2010 - Companion to running adventures in the Lendore Isles. Official download
  • L5A The Kroten Campaign Guide Lenard Lakofka 2014 - Describes the area where L5 takes place. Official download
  • L5B The Kroten Adventures Lenard Lakofka 2014 - Details five adventures in the Kroten area.Official download
  • L5C The Kroten Campaign Companion Lenard Lakofka 2014- Optional new material for the game: new rules, armor, cleric abilities, magic items, etc. Official download
  • L5[D] Map Pack Lenard Lakofka 2014 Maps for the city of Kroten and the surrounding area. Official download
I still think it was incredibly nice of Len Lakofka to release L4 and L5 to the fans for free. What are peoples experiences with this series as a whole? I was always intrigued by this part of Greyhawk.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

DMSamuel
Hobgoblin

Re: The AD&D L- Modules: Len Lakofka's Lendore Isle Series (with Free Downloads)

Post by DMSamuel »

I've always loved the Lendore Isles! Ran the Secret of Bone Hill and The Assassin's Knot multiple times in the past. Never got so far as to run Deep Dwarven Delve, but I read and prepped it for running. I also have read the Kroten Campaign. The nostalgia runs deep in this one for me, so I am completely biased in my opinions about it.

I have used Restenford as the base starting city for at least 5 campaigns through the years. In my current homebrew world the main town, Trastenfen, is based on Restenford.
-- DMSamuel --

RPGMusings.com

@DMSamuel

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: The AD&D L- Modules: Len Lakofka's Lendore Isle Series (with Free Downloads)

Post by Big Mac »

Anna Meyer has actually been working with Len Lakofka to create a new (3D) map of the Lendore Isles.

She already has the Lendore Isles on her old Greyhawk map, but this version is going to have much more detail (so people can zoom in further).

There is a preview of the new and improved map, on the Happy Holidays, post she made just before Christmas.

It looks like she is about 50 percent of the way through the process of designing the new way the map is constructed.

(The people backing her Patreon probably have access to more of the experimental designs. The final map will be free.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

genghisdon
Bugbear

Post by genghisdon »

Havard wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:29 pm

I still think it was incredibly nice of Len Lakofka to release L4 and L5 to the fans for free. What are peoples experiences with this series as a whole? I was always intrigued by this part of Greyhawk.

-Havard
I agree, it was great of him.

I LOVED L1 (1981) back in the 80's, and found L2, which was considerably later(1983, but maybe even larger a gap for me personally?) to be a big of a revelation, a while other style of module, which was very useful for me as a DM. Still, I'd go back & use L1 over & over, but L2 mostly just informed my own creations.

L3 came so much later, and at the end of 2e (1999) :x , that I think I might have been playing 3e by the time I saw it, that it had negligible impact. Many curses at TSR for not releasing L3 in 83 or 84 :facepalm:

I like the devil spawn(2009) & other stuff released on DF, and it's cool to have this out there for gamers coming back to old school/1e, but in truth, it's very late for me, personally.

I found the hints & clues in dragon magazine, the Greyhawk boxed set (& folio before that) in the 80's more useful to my campaigning (Suel pantheon, Lendore isles, etc, etc) at the time. So my own games, even reboots under later editions borrowing from L1 (& the others to a degree), while informed, went off in very different directions. We ought have had more of Len's work published BACK THEN. I'm glad of it now, still, though.

Return to “Greyhawk”