L5R Card Game: What can be taken for use in the RPG?

A land of breathtaking beauty, where eight clans of powerful samurai warriors struggle against one another in constant war for supremacy. Discuss the Legend of the Five Rings campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

L5R Card Game: What can be taken for use in the RPG?

Post by Angel Tarragon »

Is there anything from the L5R card game that isn't present in the RPG that can be used in the Rokugan setting?

MODERATOR NOTE (by Big Mac) This topic is about finding information in the Living Card Game from FFG. If you want to discuss finding information in the Collectable Card Game from AEG, please see Big Mac's [Rokugan] Anything useful in the L5R CCG? topic.

Gnoll

Re: L5R Card Game: What can be taken for use in the RPG?

Post by 1970 »

The First Edition Gamemaster's Survival Guide gave loose rules for converting personalities to RPG stats. It also went into how to interpret boosters from the CCG into plots and how to interpret different cards so you could make story desk on your own. The only other use I could see for the cards is for visual reference.

If you're talking about the LCG though, I'm of no help.
Formless Faceless and Free

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:16 pm
Is there anything from the L5R card game that isn't present in the RPG that can be used in the Rokugan setting?
I assume you are talking about Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game, from Fantasy Flight Games (rather than the classic Legend of the Five Rings CCG from AEG - which FFG discontinued after buying Legend of the Five Rings from AEG).

I've got a topic about the (older) Legend of the Five Rings CCG, although I've not learned too much about it yet.

I have heard, from Poi, that Fantasy Flight Games rebooted Legend of the Five Rings. So I'd like to see what sort of lore comes with each of the two card games and see if there are any obvious differences in the backstories of the individual clans.

There are some documents on the FFG page, I linked to, that might help you.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

1970 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:52 pm
The First Edition Gamemaster's Survival Guide gave loose rules for converting personalities to RPG stats. It also went into how to interpret boosters from the CCG into plots and how to interpret different cards so you could make story desk on your own. The only other use I could see for the cards is for visual reference.
I'm interested in raiding ideas from the CCG to use with tabletop gaming.

I've copied the first part of your post into another topic (about the CCG).

I'd love to have more details over there, as I'm a bit clueless about technical CCG terms to search for on Interweb searches.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon »

1970 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:52 pm
Thanks, I'll definitely have to add theat book to my collection.

Return to “Rokugan”