[TORG] Living Land - Lizardmen and Dinosaurs made better in TORG Eternity?

"The storm has a name..." Discuss both TORG and TORG Eternity here.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

[TORG] Living Land - Lizardmen and Dinosaurs made better in TORG Eternity?

Post by Havard »

I just ordered the new sourcebook for TORG's Living Land Cosm from Ulysses Spiele.

Description
The Living Land is ruled by High Lord Baruk Kaah and his army of reptilian edeinos. It has taken over both coasts of the United States, the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, and the mysterious “White Zone” in Canada.

Where the Living Land rules miraculous spiritual power is available, but technology rusts and fails. Ordinary humans—and even some heroes—regress and become ruled by their primal passions.

There are amazing opportunities scattered among the Living Land‘s perils. The Law of Wonders insures that lost treasures appear in the misty and unexplored jungles. These treasures might have disappeared from Earth long ago or they may be relics from cosms destroyed by the High Lords. Whatever their different origins, they are resurfacing here and now, for adventurers bold enough to discover them!

INSIDE YOU‘LL FIND:
  • New Perks, Miracles, and Gear for players.
  • New threats, foes, and plenty of dinosaurs!
  • Details the different regions of the Living Land.
  • Plot hooks and events from the first year of the Possibility Wars
I was always a little disappointed at how The Living Land was treated in the original version of TORG, but I've heard that the Lizardmen are much cooler in TORG Eternity and the realm now feels much more dangerous to outsiders.

Does a North America overtaken by Lizardmen and Dinosaurs seem like a world you would want to explore and possibly restore the Earth that once was?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: [TORG] Living Land - Lizardmen and Dinosaurs made better in TORG Eternity?

Post by Angel Tarragon »

Havard wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:13 pm
Does a North America overtaken by Lizardmen and Dinosaurs seem like a world you would want to explore and possibly restore the Earth that once was?
HELL YES!!! I am going to need to pick up the Core book and this supplement later this year.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:19 pm
Havard wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:13 pm
HELL YES!!! I am going to need to pick up the Core book and this supplement later this year.
If you really want to go crazy you should try to get the Torg Cargo Box.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Dragon Turtle
Initiate

Post by Dragon Turtle »

Discussion of the TORG Eternity Cargo Box split into a separate topic here.

-Dragon Turtle
This is Havard's Alternate Account
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group so that you can stay in touch.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Junior admin at The Piazza. My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Kuildeous
Hobgoblin

Post by Kuildeous »

What better way to engage in the new home of Torg discussion than to revive old but still relevant threads?

Edeinos are definitely better in Torg Eternity. You have some options for the type of edeinos you want, which was sadly lacking in oTorg. Maybe you have chameleon scales. Maybe you have webbed feet. Maybe you sharpen your claws on molten lava. Not all edeinos are created equally.

And you could even be a human who is chosen by Lanala to take on some of these edeinos traits.

The additional miracles are pretty neat. One of my favorites (interestingly enough available not to optants or gotaks but to a death cult usually populated by humans) is Bloodlust. The affected target gets a bonus die to damage in melee but is left Very Vulnerable. A really faithful priest could remove the Very Vulnerable condition on invoking. Picked that up for one of my PbP characters.

In oTorg, Lanala’s enemy was introduced in the Temple of Rec Stalek adventure. This time, he’s in the sourcebook. His cult of death worshippers have taken over Chicago, along with hordes of skeleraptors and Z-Rexes. Very dangerous.
My Torg Eternity projects available
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land
Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Create your own Torg Eternity content to distribute on DriveThru

Utsukushi
Orc

Post by Utsukushi »

On the other hand, the Mist is a background detail now, and having your equipment degrade is optional. (You get Possibilities if you let it happen, through a Cosm Card.) The Edeinos are definitely cooler, but in terms of, "Is the Living Land more dangerous to outsiders?" I would say no. The land itself feels a lot cuddlier to me. In oTorg I think it was the second least favorite place to go, after Orrorsh. In Eternity it is a much more popular vacation choice.

But this is a good thing. The old Living Land was hostile in such drudgy ways - yes, it killed your character, but it was kind of boring to play. Generally you just got lost, and then all your gear fell apart, and then probably you starved to death. The new one may be less dangerous, but it is more exciting and a lot more fun. And it's not like a land filled with giant carnivores and screaming hoards of barbarian lizards is ever going to be really safe. And I like what they've done with Baruuk Kaah. He feels less buffoonish and much more cunning now. (So does Uthorion, incidentally. It's like the Gaunt Man forgot to invite the comic relief this time.)

Wakshaani
Gnoll

Post by Wakshaani »

I'm working on a thing for the Infiniverse that'll take all the cool and add even more to it, in theory.

But it's still a ways off.

Until then?

It's REALLY DANG COOL as it stands.

Atama
Orc

Post by Atama »

Take a lot of the stereotypical “lost world” tropes and then accelerate them. That’s what the Living Land is like now. It has a definite cool factor. Undead dinosaurs, alien science forgotten in ancient temples, death cults and avatars of the gods.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek 8-))

Zackzenobi
Hobgoblin

Post by Zackzenobi »

Plus the options for Living Land characters have greatly increased!

Cant quite figure out how to display an image on this message board or I would drop a pic of my Ruins Seeker Edeinos Archetype from the Backer Archetypes.

Zackzenobi
Hobgoblin

Post by Zackzenobi »

Oops
Last edited by Zackzenobi on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zackzenobi
Hobgoblin

Post by Zackzenobi »

There has to be a better way to share an image...

Sir Alain Fisk
Bugbear

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

You'll have to turn it into a standard image type and upload that image type. Your string for that image is a bunch of gobblety-guk and the phpBB engine is unable to determine the dimensions of the image, because it's not a standard type. You should be alright if it has a .jpg or .jpeg extension.
When I was running Torg Eternity for my family in 2018, my youngest Son (18, then) had a Nile Empire Weird Scientist with a robot nicknamed Stompy. At the end of the last adventure we played before my Wife and I moved to Texas, he asked,

“Hey Dad, can Stompy have Stealth?” This is a 450-pound robot being made into a Weird Science helper, made almost of solid steel, and he wanted to add Stealth… we died the table-round at the prospect.

Wakshaani
Gnoll

Post by Wakshaani »

Yeah, you can now import that pyramids and the stone tables from Land of the Lost and it makes *complete* sense in the new Living land.

And that's just fantastic.

Return to “TORG”