Swamp Dragons of Pim

Dave Arneson's original fantasy campaign; as compelling, gritty and enigmatic as ever.
The Book-House: Find Blackmoor products.

Moderator: Havard

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Swamp Dragons of Pim

Post by Havard » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:53 pm

Doing a map for South Pim over at the Comeback Inn, I started reading up on the history of that town. The men of South Pim once slew a gigantic alligator. This creature was worshipped as a god by a local tribe of Gatormen. This creature was so huge that the men of South Pim use the creature's skull as a gate to their town.

Now I started thinking that this is a perfect suggestion for an adventure seed. What if this "Swamp Dragon" was not the only creature of that type in the Swamps of Blackmoor? Perhaps an offspring has just recently grown into the size of its mother? Could this alligator have some inherent rage against Pim? Or perhaps it is being set upon the humans of the swamp by the Gatormen who have some way of communicating with the creature? What sort of stats could such a creature have? What adventure ideas could be used with this gigantic menace?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Re: Swamp Dragons of Pim

Post by Yaztromo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:59 pm

Maybe the adventure cycle could start smaller with the Gatormen protecting a "royal egg"...
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Return to “Blackmoor”