Will Mystara Fans like Joe Manganiello's Krull the Tortle from Upcoming Baldur's Gate Adventure?

Discuss Mystara's Savage Coast / Red Steel setting here.
The Book-House: Find Savage Coast products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Havard, agathokles

stanles
Hill Giant

Re: Will Mystara Fans like Joe Manganiello's Krull the Tortle from Upcoming Baldur's Gate Adventure?

Post by stanles » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:51 am

I do like, from the picture, the idea of carving runes into the shell. This may be an option available to tortles like tattooing and might be suggestive of a circle / prestige class / class / etc like the Jennite Tattooist or the Totemic Demonslayer from the Savage Tide Adventure Path.
Visit the Vaults of Pandius http://pandius.com, the official website for the Dungeons and Dragons setting of Mystara.

Submissions to the Vaults can be made directly to webmaster@pandius.com

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Re: Will Mystara Fans like Joe Manganiello's Krull the Tortle from Upcoming Baldur's Gate Adventure?

Post by Cthulhudrew » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:53 am

To your point, Shawn, Matt Mercer's tortle from Critical Role (Orly Skiffback, mentioned in another thread), does just that sort of thing- create magical tattoos. I don't think he tattoos them on his shell, rather on his arms, but I don't see any particular reason why a tortle couldn't do so (aside from just being able to reach, if it is your own shell.)
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.

stanles
Hill Giant

Post by stanles » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Cthulhudrew wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:53 am
To your point, Shawn, Matt Mercer's tortle from Critical Role (Orly Skiffback, mentioned in another thread), does just that sort of thing- create magical tattoos. I don't think he tattoos them on his shell, rather on his arms, but I don't see any particular reason why a tortle couldn't do so (aside from just being able to reach, if it is your own shell.)
Yeah, you would need some help with that - a manic cult seems likely.
Visit the Vaults of Pandius http://pandius.com, the official website for the Dungeons and Dragons setting of Mystara.

Submissions to the Vaults can be made directly to webmaster@pandius.com

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:07 pm

I can't seem to find Krull the Tortle in Descent to Avernus. Was he cut from the final version or is he in there somewhere?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

lookatroopa
Orc

Post by lookatroopa » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:45 pm

Havard wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:07 pm
I can't seem to find Krull the Tortle in Descent to Avernus. Was he cut from the final version or is he in there somewhere?

-Havard
Page 110, in the Arkhan's Tower section.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:25 am

lookatroopa wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:45 pm
Havard wrote:
Ah, thanks! I found it.

I don't see much there that could be raided to use for Mystara, sadly. Krull is a Cleric of Tiamat. If we want to make him a Mystaran character (which he may actually have been in Manganiello's campaign), could we make him a Cleric of Pearl? (Or Shaman in BECMI terms)?

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

The Dark
Troll

Post by The Dark » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:21 am

Havard wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:25 am
lookatroopa wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:45 pm
Havard wrote:
Ah, thanks! I found it.

I don't see much there that could be raided to use for Mystara, sadly. Krull is a Cleric of Tiamat. If we want to make him a Mystaran character (which he may actually have been in Manganiello's campaign), could we make him a Cleric of Pearl? (Or Shaman in BECMI terms)?

-Havard
Idris might work better than Pearl. For Red Steel, Krull could either be a fighter with the Defender kit or a cleric with the War Priest kit (while tortles are "never War Priests" according to the boxed set, snappers should be able to take the kit and I agree with the opinion that Krull seems very snapper-like).

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:50 pm

The Dark wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:21 am
Idris might work better than Pearl.
I could see Idris working too. I have at times theorized that they could be the same entity, but having more Draconic Immortals is never a bad thing?

For Red Steel, Krull could either be a fighter with the Defender kit or a cleric with the War Priest kit (while tortles are "never War Priests" according to the boxed set, snappers should be able to take the kit and I agree with the opinion that Krull seems very snapper-like).
Cool observation about Tortles never having war priests. The consensus does indeed seem to be that Krull is a Snapper.

There's a separate thread about adapting Arkhan, Krull and their other companions to a Mystara background here. :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Return to “Savage Coast”