Mystaran Almanac 1020 AC?

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Gawain_VIII, Havard, Seer of Yhog, Cthulhudrew

Mystaran Almanac 1020 AC?

Postby micky » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:39 am

To the best of my knowledge there are no plans to move the Mystaran Almanacs forward. The original guiding forces behind it either retired or moved on to other related interests I suppose. I doubt at this point it would be considered hijacking or stepping on toes. How long has it been since the 1019 edition came out? If there are any plans to do 1020 and I'll back off and eagerly wait to see what the original minds had in plan.

I have long had an interest in a possible 1020 Almanac, 1019 was the bomb and left more than a few cliffhangers haha. The Almanacs were one of the primary resasons I really got into Mystara when I returned to the game and would love to see it continue. Since Glantri is my primary interest. I would suppose due to the Radiance hitting the wall...the Synn storyarc was (FINALLY about time haha) about to draw to a conclusion (and with a suitable BANG I would expect) and there is also the notion of the 1020 invasion I started work on a number of years ago.

If there are any likeminded souls out there with the creative itch they want to scratch I'll put out the smoke signals for anyone wanting to help out with doing a Mystaran 1020 Almanac. I plan on doing so for Glantri, as part of my larger Campaign/Setting exposition and perhaps even returning the re-invasion of Mystara hinted at in GAZ5 through the bad magic points, that was lost in the shuffle of later fandom expansions but if anyone is interested in working together on this or perhaps even taking other regions/nations into 1020 let me know.
He does not have a mandate. He does not have large congressional majorities. If a small minority in the Tea Party could stop President Obama, then we the majority can stop a petty tyrant named Trump
micky
Cloud Giant

Re: Mystaran Almanac 1020 AC?

Postby Sturm » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:16 pm

I partecipated in the 1019 Almanac at the time but did not really followed the discussions of the editor team.
Seer of Yhog was the main editor IIRC so he should know more.
I think there was no consensus on the events of 1020 AC, there are many threads already but I see you have already partecipated in most of them: search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=1020+AC&start=150

Maybe we could do a Threshold magazine Almanacs/1020 AC special eventually :)
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby micky » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:11 pm

:lol: yeah, I've sort of been all over those threads. As I said, I've had a strong interest in seeing a 1020 almanac, perhaps even a last one to at least tie up some story threads the Almanacs played with.

Hopefully there is some interest in getting some thoughts, input or even work into a complete 1020 almanac. I'll likely press ahead with my Glantrian themed project which is evolving into a campaign supplement to Gaz3. Taking what it introduced, expanding it and laying down the grove of a 20 year series of events, using canon, almanacs, and my own additions, for a compete campaign setting to work under, either to be taken as gospel or as a mere framework to be changed as anyone sees fit.

If when I finish that there hasn't been any interest or work done with a larger 1020 project I'll likely jump back into my larger 1020 work which will likely trash a good many things..leaders.. and nations.

http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2169
He does not have a mandate. He does not have large congressional majorities. If a small minority in the Tea Party could stop President Obama, then we the majority can stop a petty tyrant named Trump
micky
Cloud Giant

Postby Yaztromo » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:25 pm

Sturm wrote: Maybe we could do a Threshold magazine Almanacs/1020 AC special eventually :)

This sounds like a great idea to me!
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Postby micky » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Yaztromo wrote:
Sturm wrote: Maybe we could do a Threshold magazine Almanacs/1020 AC special eventually :)

This sounds like a great idea to me!

and to me as well! :lol:
micky
Cloud Giant

Postby Big Mac » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:17 pm

Looking at the Mystaran Almanac: Files and Downloads page, it looks like the 1019 AC almanac is not quite finished:
Vaults of Pandius wrote:Book III: Adventures (First Printing): not released yet

Wouldn't it be better to get Book III: Adventures finished, and uploaded to Vaults of Pandius, before moving onto 1020 AC?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby hihama » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:35 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to get Book III: Adventures finished, and uploaded to Vaults of Pandius, before moving onto 1020 AC?

I think that reason for this is that Herve Museau, who was an editor, did not have time to finish this, or something like that. And I haven't heard anything from him for years now.
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby micky » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:38 pm

Big Mac wrote:Looking at the Mystaran Almanac: Files and Downloads page, it looks like the 1019 AC almanac is not quite finished:
Vaults of Pandius wrote:Book III: Adventures (First Printing): not released yet

hmmm...

perhaps that book was a lesson, one I know ALL too well :lol: :? of biting off more than one could chew. Give the choice of what the old crew should do if they got back together, I'd rather see them move to finish the Almanac series then perhaps go back to 1019/1020 adventures. Would it be better? To be honest, you don't see scores of threads wondering if that is going to be finished, perhaps it was a nice idea that simply drained too much time and energy from the real goal.. the almanac itself. Part of what made the Almanacs great were they were treasure troves of adventure ideas in themselves. Fleshing out is easy, easier at least than finding the seeds of interesting adventure ideas. Besides I haven't seen anyone here wondering about that book 3, but you still do see people wondering if there will ever be a 1020 almanac. There is still interest in it, and it seems that is what people would like to see.
micky
Cloud Giant

Postby Big Mac » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm

hihama wrote:
Big Mac wrote:

I think that reason for this is that Herve Museau, who was an editor, did not have time to finish this, or something like that. And I haven't heard anything from him for years now.

Real life does tend to have a way of getting in the way of hobbies, from time to time. Several years BP (Before Piazza :P ) I had my PC conk out when I didnt have the money to fix it and was pretty much knocked off of working on projects on the Spelljammer Mailing List for more than two years. :(

I think it might be worth approaching the other people on the project to see if they have a partially-completed version. Or maybe one or two of them might have individual stories. Or maybe it did get finished, but someone forgot to send it to Stanles. :?

Mind you, that wouldn't stop you putting togethr a 1020 team at the same time. Good luck!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby hihama » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:20 pm

Have to remember that Herve was only the editor, the adventures were suppose to be written by other people, I do not remember anymore who.
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby Cthulhudrew » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:52 pm

There was an entire editorial team by that point; I can't recall which was the last almanac I worked on, but I know there were quite a few different people, many of whom are still around and active or semi-active here on the forums.

I know that for me, at least, one of the reasons I ended up bowing out of the almanacs was chiefly due to the time involved. With each successive almanac, the teams grew larger and we were taking on increasingly large swathes of content, and it became kind of difficult to keep up with. I presume it was the same for the others as well.

Herve was indeed the primogenitor of the Mystaran Almanacs, carrying on in fandom what had begun with TSR. Others added to that initial almanac in bits and pieces- Fabrizio Paoli was one of the first and most prominent, IIRC; myself; Geoff Gander. The list is pretty exhaustive- I believe Havard contributed (he can correct me on that if I'm wrong). I think Shawn Stanley- the Keeper of the Vaults- also did some work in the early days, before he became more focused on setting up and maintaining Pandius.com.

In any event, the last I worked on things, we had editors who were in charge of broad geographic areas, and then contributors who worked for them (they also were contributors). I think a couple of editors co-edited a few of the regions as well.
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.
Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Postby micky » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:28 pm

micky
Cloud Giant

Postby hihama » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:13 pm

Micky,

you have been discussing about this with Herve already in 2009.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1138&p=25180&hilit=almanac+1019#p25180
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby Big Mac » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:01 am

hihama wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Wouldn't it be better to get Book III: Adventures finished, and uploaded to Vaults of Pandius, before moving onto 1020 AC?

I saw Herve elsewhere and sent him a message to ask him if he knows if there was a partially complete Book III floating around. :)
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:19 am

I think we could easily get some people together to work on an AC1020 Almanac.

The challenge of the Almanac project was the scope of the thing. Perhaps it would be better to just start here at The Piazza and start individual threads for each country?

AC1020 is noted in Gaz10 as the year of the War between "Man vs. Orc".

I had alot of ideas for this year, but when I started a thread about it some time ago, other fans had a very different idea about this year than I had so I ended up not sharing all my ideas because they did not fit with the direction it was taking.

One issue with a new Almanac would be sorting out all the events leading up to AC1020. Perhaps that would be a place to start when setting up new discussions?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby micky » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:52 am

Havard wrote:I think we could easily get some people together to work on an AC1020 Almanac.

That was the gist of the thread. Seeing if there was any interest among the forumites here. There are a lot of very sharp, and creative folks here. I had hoped to spark some interest and see if we can get something rolling on it. :D

The challenge of the Almanac project was the scope of the thing. Perhaps it would be better to just start here at The Piazza and start individual threads for each country?

Sounds like a good idea to me. You Havard seem to have manager material and enthusiam written all over you. I nominate you for project lead/Head editor. :lol: Unless Herve and his crew come back of course. The goal is to see it finished, I'd rather they finish it, but if they are not, perhaps it time others step forward.

AC1020 is noted in Gaz10 as the year of the War between "Man vs. Orc".

That is something that will need to be looked at carefully. I took your thread idea and ran with it several years ago. However does it fit where the old Almanac crew were going? Was it in their plans for 1020. As noted in your thread which I completely hijacked, this is no minor event, it is catastrophic event which even more than the WotI, changes the face of the Known World. I love the symetry of it however. WotI sort of turned the static staid Gaz era of the KW on its ear. The PWA and fandom almanacs spent years resolving the affects of that. What better way to finish the Almanac series than by blowing it all to hell... setting the course at least as that war is a multi year event that would extend far past a 1020 almanac. Interesting topic.. and something that if work does commence on a 1020 Almanac will need to be reconciled. Does it get ignored, slowly working in the 'Man v. Orc' storyline into the background while the plotlines of the Almanac are given primary importance, or the opposite end quickly making 'Man v. Orc' an event that overshadow all in the KW.

I had alot of ideas for this year, but when I started a thread about it some time ago, other fans had a very different idea about this year than I had so I ended up not sharing all my ideas because they did not fit with the direction it was taking.

got a link for that thread.. that is the interesting rub isn't it. I suppose the Almanac worked so well for it was the work of a dedicated few, that is a drawback I suppose to making it a community effort. You will have as many opinions on direction, or even specific events as you do collaborators and it might make it hard to come to consensus and thus ever complete the thing. I might suggest a model of the old team, as I understand the way it works, volunteers take their areas of interest/knowledge and they go for it. Someone (like you haha) in addition to doing any areas of their interest would be in charge of overseeing all and making sure everything comes together.

One issue with a new Almanac would be sorting out all the events leading up to AC1020. Perhaps that would be a place to start when setting up new discussions?

Part of what I have been doing with Glantri... going back through everything the Almanacs gave us. So I can identify hanging plotlines to be addressed in a 1020 almanac Glantri. Again I think that is where individual nation threads you mentioned earlier might really help. Use them as scratch pads to indentify, and sort out the events prior to 1020. Some KW nations IIRC did not even get mentions in the 1019 almanac so however chooses those nations will have double duty. :lol:

-Havard
micky
Cloud Giant

Postby micky » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:05 am

hihama wrote:Micky,

oh yeah.. I remember that thread. I don't think I realized at the time who he was haha. Many here are but screenames but I know of them through their fandom work, often signed off with their real names haha.

One of my great regrets as far as those things go was giving in to my innate shyness and being a lurker when you all had the MML going.
micky
Cloud Giant

Postby Sturm » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:06 am

Well as Hervè wrote that he had the adventures almost ready, for start we could try to contact him and ask him to share what he has! It's a shame that some good Mystaran material is not on the Vaults yet :-)
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby hihama » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:12 am

micky wrote:

oh yeah.. I remember that thread. I don't think I realized at the time who he was haha. Many here are but screenames but I know of them through their fandom work, often signed off with their real names haha.

One of my great regrets as far as those things go was giving in to my innate shyness and being a lurker when you all had the MML going.

I was shocked when I found out that that discussion was seven years ago. Before I started to search it, I would have said it was a couple of years ago...
hihama
Vesihiisi

Postby micky » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:41 am

hihama wrote:
micky wrote:

I was shocked when I found out that that discussion was seven years ago. Before I started to search it, I would have said it was a couple of years ago...

yeah man.. time flies doesn't it. Back then I still had a baby face and was still carded for cigarettes, still had a full head of hair, a skinny waistline, a functioning liver, and my 1970 Firebird was still terrorizing the roads.

Oh well... I guess that again is the point of the thread. We ain't getting any younger. Time to finish this thing.

Thinking back over Havard's musings on the Gaz noted 1020 war... I think that is a sort of 'get out of jail card' for completing the Almanac. The events as I summarized them for example could quickly engulf the Known World and make the more mundane in comparison events/storylines prior to 1020 sort of null and void. If work progresses independent of the old team, and the ideas they might have had for 1020 (again not knowing if they had any plans for a 1020 'Man v. Orc' storyline) are not really known, the war sort of gives cover to progressing in a different direction yet still remaining true as it was a Gaz defined event.

As I see it, if work progresses on a 1020 Almanac, it would be up to the group/editor to decide what if anything to do with that idea. However if volunteers/time is scarce and this proceeds as a minimal manpower operation, that event might work well as that event would/could cover a great many nations.
micky
Cloud Giant

Postby Andaire » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:54 pm

There is a partial Book III. It contains a fully edited adventure, a long adventure (with plenty of side material) that was fully or almost fully edited, and another long adventure that was only very partially edited. There is also art for the book cover, iirc, and there were some illustrations and maps by the adventure author I believe.
I have everything.

For 1020, there wasn't much. Some threads were written for 1019 and 1020 and so have their continuation/resolution already written. I may or may not have done preliminary editing of their 1020 part.
Information Wants To Be Free
Hervé Musseau http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1223372668
Andaire
Stone Giant

Postby micky » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:32 am

Andaire wrote:There is a partial Book III. It contains a fully edited adventure, a long adventure (with plenty of side material) that was fully or almost fully edited, and another long adventure that was only very partially edited. There is also art for the book cover, iirc, and there were some illustrations and maps by the adventure author I believe.
I have everything.

For 1020, there wasn't much. Some threads were written for 1019 and 1020 and so have their continuation/resolution already written. I may or may not have done preliminary editing of their 1020 part.

cool!!! As I offered some time back, if you want or need any help just let me know. Especially when or if the work on 1020 kicks off.
micky
Cloud Giant

Postby Sturm » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:37 pm

Andaire wrote:There is a partial Book III. It contains a fully edited adventure, a long adventure (with plenty of side material) that was fully or almost fully edited, and another long adventure that was only very partially edited. There is also art for the book cover, iirc, and there were some illustrations and maps by the adventure author I believe.
I have everything.

Great. Well to start I think we could find some help to finish editing the material to publish it.
Threshold has a pool of editors and proofreaders. We are generally quite busy with the magazine, but I think we could find some time to help you publishing the material..
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Hausman » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:36 am

Greetings everyone!

Forgive my not very good English.

For some time now I've disappeared from the piazza and the topic aboutn the Almanac brought me here again. There is an ongoing project involving the old almanac team. More than three years ago, realizing that the almanac was discontinued and with no expectation of publishing, I contacted most of the old writers and members of the MA to learn of their old ideas and proposals for continuity of the old plotlines that were not completed; events on 1015-1019 And the great event that would involve like orcwars.

The result was a huge collection of ideas, some plans, before concluding this recatalogation and organizing a proposal of editing with Geoff, the articles about the "kingdom of Limn" in Threshold Magazine (#11 ,12 & 14) and About "Warbirds add-ons"(issue#11), it took my time that The project of meeting the various plots have been in stand by in these years.

But I have good news! With very talk, conversation and dialogue, I have reunited part of MA's writings one to make available to organizing in writing for a session for the 1020 almanac. I believe that some did not speak out because they were waiting for me to do or to finish these texts and plots This included an extensive dialogue involving conversations with Geoff Gander, Atila Pires, Giampaolo Agosta, Simoni Neri, Andrew, Thibalt, Micky (briefly about his development of the orcwars in Selenica), Dalmonte and Giulio Carolleti.
I already have a lot of material gathered and developed by almost all them and I am happy that others have shown interest in adding these events so that I want to include below how they followed these conversations and how the 1020 development process was focusing on their priorities:

1 - to resume the old plots that are open (with the old writers).

2 - select what 1019 needs to be continued without overloading a schedule with many events because it also includes the old plots.

3 - Include the Orcwars (based on material has been suggested by Micky) within a context of parallel events with other regions.

4 - gathering these events, have in hand for at least 2-3 years of plot in progress to be developed and included in the following editions of the almanac.

The result follows with a large amount of quality writings on a topic (below) of a little summarized. I start with as initial conversations about the almanac propose =)

See below:
Hausman
Bugbear

Postby Hausman » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:18 am

PLOTLINE PROPOSES TO MA AC1020 (Almanac Team)

OBS - There is a lot more that was discussed here (these were the initial talks) a lot of material has already been developed (but not yet finalized) and the production process followed with conversations and notes ... to finally be gathered by me in this large collection of plotline Original for the events of 1020 (there are many more plots besides will be initially described here .. I ask you all to await my posts for this Friday and also for the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) - we have a great material of Almanac Saved and gathered by the ancients, I hope you like the news (I prepared for the project to edit this MA) =)

Yahoo! Groups: Welcome Hausman to mystaranalmanac

"Sure, I can approve you, but there's been no MA development (or discussion) for years..."

--- (Hervé Musseau)

BASIC PROPOSE

"I don't know how much time I could spare for a new Almanac, but if enough people were interested I'd be willing to edit the work. I would suggest that a 1020 Almanac either take only the biggest themes from 1019 and carry them forward (to reduce the workload), or you start with some brand-new storylines. Either way, I would strongly suggest concentrating on a single part of the world, because doing the whole planet is a massive job. Then, once you build momentum, expand the work."

"There hasn't been an Almanac discussion in a long time. The best thing to do, since we've all moved to the Piazza, is to open a thread on bringing back the Almanac, and seeing if people are interested. Suggestions are key. Let people know that they have input into this"

(Geoff)

HASHABURMINAL

Who is Hashaburminal?
"With some thorn dwarves tryng to sneak on canolbarth trying spy the alegiance shadowelves and alfheimers (The Thorn)
dwarf spy was present on last party between shadowelves and alfheimers on rafielton
Throic ( Thorn´s Leader) take a sneak aprroaching on canolbarth to discover it!"
(Hausman)

"If you are looking for a villain, I would go with one of the Shadowevles" (Havard)

"I would like to use to sugest Throic and someothers dicover Hashaburminal ... Hasahaburminal can comunicate with bad magic points...including stalkbrow...gobling park...besides open gate to goblins....he could open gate to beastmen of ilodius
The Thorns action on canolbarth would be a reaction about information on last event on rafielton on 1019)"
(Hausman)

"Algorn´s last stand magic points... hashaburminal can comunicate with other planes and gates ( beastmen of ilodius are trying to return since close gate)
and bad magic point stalkbrow..can provide such ideia on mind hashaburminal... ( a Nithian necromancer who try destroy canolbarth..he thonks that canolbarth was responsable for nithian decline..if you can read about him)
besides on this character preludy... if he will defeated..he can return to Ylaruam... contact followrs of fire and return to life barimoon to serv him ( just take a look on 93-94 page on alfheim)
(Hausman)

"Yes you are right .This will be a good reason for the Lich guy to become angry again" (Havard)

"If you want include some shadowelve vilan (Like Schattenalfen) on this.... Aengmor city on broken lands is furious about atzanbteotl temples are destroied last time because alfheim join action with darokin and wendar.Did you read about his planes to destroy canolbarth...kill all the elves..and rebuld Nithin empire?
He would be a great minion of Thanatos because NIthian erudition"
(Hausman)

BEASTMEN AGAINIST CANOLBARTH

"Goblins and beastmen to havoc on canolbarth..making great battle with doriath and tanaleyo armies.Did you remeber you are looking for a great or good monster on this plot..on piazza topic, Havard? What you think about carnifex?
At this point...tanadaleyo would ask some help to city of stars and Telemon King to keep Rafielton (Alfheim Town) on shadowelves hand.
but i have a second plane to avoid Telemon in provides such armies to help canolbarth..haha
( a lost note on GAZ13 that atzanteotl shadoweleves can use as vengeace with tanadaleyo and telemon)
They already use this... but in 1015..it was a fake...now...it coub be a fact ...or provocate by the atzanteotl shadowelves ..that put blame guilt on city of stars... DM GUIDE GAZ 13 PAGE 33"
(Hausman)

"This sounds good to me" (Havard)

ROCKHOME AND CITY OF STARS (NEAR ALFMYR)

"Thinking about some retaliation againist Tanadaleyo and Telemon from part of Oenkmar using about plot on old dwarf Syrklist told on GAZ 13 page 33
the shadowelves was buying crystal souls from dwarves and keep them ate bay in rockhome´s west side.If shattenalfen kill sush dwarves and keep tunnels opened...
All rockhome will interpret this as the shadowelves invasion. And if dwarves officials catch such shadowelf money on dwarf hands... its suposse a be great high traison.
it done..a great confusion on alfmyr´s mine way to the dwarves its suposse to be a long expected paranoic shadowelf invasion!
To the shadowelves....well...now its a true! the dwarves are trying to enter in alfmyr to stole crystal...to stole our childrens!"
(Hausman)

"Shatenalfen can lauch dawrf againist shadowelves... turning weak any reforcment to canolbarth or Selenica Invasion...and dificulting Rockhome still active on orcwars until solve this problem.A small campaign aroud rockhome exploring shadowelves cavern could be good"
(Hausman)

"Its a pretty complex plot.I would like to see the Dwarves be more powerful again" (Håvard)

"Yeas indeed! and i would like to see dawrves kicking ass of shadowelves since long ago batlle lost in Oenkmar!" (Hausman)

HOOL GREAT MIGRATION

FELMONT 11, AC 1015: Great Migration Diverted?

Location: A few miles north of Pramayama, on the Shajarkand border, Sind. OW ...Indeed, the smaller force has the Supreme Hool in their midst, and they reunite him with his goblinoid hordes. What is more, they bring word that they know how to help the Great Migration find their long sought after goal - the Blue Knife! The two hordes set off to the northwest together.

"Did you write plotline about hool migration on 1014, Andrew?" (Hausman)

"Yes- to be honest, I didn't have much of an idea where to go with it. The Migration was going to end up in the Savage Coast.
I think the plan was to have the Blue Knife and Xilochtli be among the Yazak goblins." (Andrew Theisen)

"It's a reasonable collocation for the blue dagger." (Giampaolo)

"Well, with regard to the Savage Coast, will be glad to help.
In any case, I was just thinking that an almost inexhaustible supply of orcs and the like is the west side of Brun - Yazak and Hule"
(Atila)

"I'd certainly contribute to a Savage Coast article with Atila." (Giampalo)

"but the blue knife was all that time with another Goblin tribe? thus, they would have already heard from where the knife was blue, no? I think it should be hidden somewhere in the region (the traditional way or hidden in plain sight)" (Atila)

"At some point..i figure about return xilochtli with blue dagger brings hool and nizam in some migration to a somekind to great orcwars" (Hausman)

"The Great Migration one, but I was mostly winging that; never had a real solid long term plan." (Andrew)

"No worries. I'd been meaning to get back to you on the Great Migration; just have been busy and distracted.
Happy to help see Almanac stuff continue, though, and do what I can to help out" (Andrew)

" I think it would have been great to see Thar return to some level of importance again. I was hoping the migrations would go to that effect. I like the idea of the Blue Knife becoming important" (Havard)

"Its a part of my plan too. If you remeber several goblinoids came from altan teps after listen about tlatlepetl´s actions
I have plans to thar...not now, imediately...latter ( obviously thar would not like obey orders...he could plan take advantage this)"
(Hausman)

SAVAGE COAST

"An interesting plot, and that could bring something to these events 1020, are the parts of an artifact known as the "Manequin of Ixion"
There are only two knows parts of it in canon: the mask and the bracelets, but there should be a full body representing Ixion"
(Atila)

"Tell me it does not know ..." (Hausman)

"Well, the oltecs living in SC (ME and GP usually call them Otzil, to differentiate them) had this artifact of unknown origins, but very, very powerful"
(Atila)

"The mask alone is so powerful that the independence of one of the baronies (Saragón) depends on it.
The bracelets appear in an adventure from Savage Baronies.
I believe there is no information about the other parts (not yet, at least)
I said that because I believe that, since these artifacts are officially missing, is quite possible they are in the hands of the Yazak orcs.
For example, the bracelets from the SB adventure was hidden at the beginning of the Yazak Steppes within an abandoned ruin."
(Atila)

ATZANTEOTL & XILOCHTLI

"Thinking that the migration of Hool and Nizam be loyal to Wogar and against Atzanteotl
How strong is the influence of in varma Wogar adri and Yazak Stepes? "
(Hausman)

"well, as far as I know, the humanoid pantheon in Yazak is a version very close to the pantheon of Ethengar"
(Átila)

"They are more likely to wogar or Atzanteotl?"
(Hausman)

"To Ixion" (Átila)

"Why humanoids coming from the Black Mountains alliance Hule / Yazak .... way and offered clues to the whereabouts of the blue dagger
or are allies Wogar of Atzanteotl .. or else ...
or Otzitiotl ... wha you think? "
(Hausman)

"From what I see, the main goblinoids immortals are really Tabak (ixion), Yamag (earth) and Karaash
well, I think they are probably more likely to be enemies of Atzanteotl.
Although the influence of the Black Mountains Hule need to be taken into account
The main followers of the Savage Coast Atzanteotl are manscorpions
but they are on the opposite side of the region (Nimmur) "
(Atila)

"The answers to these questions can trigger the directorship of the cross Orcwars
mainly on religious posicionaento of orcs in Adri varma (which are populated) and the Black tambemb Mountais "
(Hausman)

"According to the codex Wogar is well represented in SC
Diffusione del Worship: Costa Selvaggia (El Grande Carrascal, Eusdria, Hule, Robrenn), Davania (Izonda), conosciuto Mondo (Casa di Roccia, Darokin, Terre Brulle), Terre di Mezzo (Borea, Steppe di Yazak) Atzanteotl is, according this list, only Nimmur. "
(Atila)

"Enebaan (Masauwu): Patron of diplomacy, intrigue, influence, masquerade, rulers, spies, and thieves.
Negyavim (Iliric): Patron of Herathian wizardry, but also of greed and insensitivity. His followers use the local mining of gems and the dwarves' skilful crafting of these precious stones as a source of sacrificial gifts to this greedy Immortal.
Shaibuth (Eiryndul): Patron of forest dwellers. This elven Immortal took on the aranean cause as an afterthought, merely as a means to compete against Korotiku (Yehm), his old rival.
Shaya (Valerias): Patron of beauty and love, especially unrequited love. Valerias was attracted by the true love felt between a human paladin and an aranea who appeared human; rather than expose her secret, the aranea bit her lover, poisoning him, and then ended her own life. The tragic tale touched Valerias, and she has since found a wide following among Herathians.
Yehm (Korotiku the Spider): Araneas are an old favourite of Yehm, one of those Immortals who no longer remembers ever being mortal. It is tempting to say he once was a mortal aranea, which would attest to this race's ancient existence in the universe, but no proof exists of this. Nevertheless, Yehm is the grand patron of araneas, even more so than of the lupins." (Atila Pires)

WASTOURE AND BARIMOOR

"I also did the Wastoure plot.
Which I did have some long term ideas on involving him and Barimoor's return." (Andrew)

"hhhmmmm... wastoure in aegos?
did barimoor return?" (Hausman)

"Wastoure in Aegos was someone else, but it tied into my plans for him.Barimoor hadn't obviously returned, but I had him behind the scenes."
(Andrew)

"For sake thought i was thinking about possible return of barimoor by hashaburminal way ( do you remember this guy?)" (Hausman)

"Hashaburminal was the Canolbarth lich, right?I know that my main idea was that Barimoor had been turned against the idea of Immortality after the Week Without Magic in which he nearly died and lost control of his domain.I say it could work with Barimoor, too. As I said, we were kind of working towards him being somehow involved with a different sort of power than the Immortals - (Ancient NIthian Thanatos Power??)"
(Andrew)

"In further, i will discuss with you about your plans aroud barimoor to use him on plotline" (Hausman)

"Sounds good. I'll keep trying to remember more about my other contributions, and those of other people whose work I was editing.
(Andrew)

WENDAR & DENAGOTH

"Hi Zendrolion..just pass fast to know if you get any contact with Dalmont" (Hausman)

"He did reveal me the ways in which he wished to continue about MA's plots." (Simone Neri)

So, this is what Marco told me about Denagoth and Wendar future events:
"The plot I had in mind expected the cultists of Idris subverting Wendar's internal order; they would have used her secret shrine (the temple of the Tenth Korrigan in the Baamor Woods) to pollute the Wendarian land and alter the Elvenstar's protective magic, in order to allow the Denagothian troops easy access to the country. However, this war will be short, becouse Denagoth will be forced to retreat when huge problems would arise at home on its back, caused by a group of rebels led by Professor Dove and Wyrmsteeth dragons."
(Marco Dalmonte)

"i have some sugestions on it... but, would you like develop this notes after i put my sugestions?
just repassing to dalmonte and then you can include your overview abnd personal opinions around it..any interest?"
(Hausman)

"I was think that house lords ( on FGAZ WENDAR) could take pressure on Bensarian about problems in baamor... and then ...
some houselords crusade on Calardhon could spy and contact with frogfolk and bring bad news froom baamor ( on 1018 things gone bad that side)
and other things like pathfinders ( forester´s guild )watch and report baamor events to wendar city
just initial ideas" (Hausman)

he'll be willing to share some comnents
Anyway, the schedule you suggest seems sustainable to me"
(Simone)

HELDANIC ORDER ON DAVANIA

"Do you have unfinished plotline, Thibault?" (Hausman)

"I am still into my beloved Heldannic knights and davania
yes i have some" (Thibault)

"i have found my old files
i need to read them all to refamiliarize myself with the stories i wanted to unfold
tell me when you'll need the infos please
thanks" (Thibault)

"Hi,Hausman.
I did only Wilhem heldanic ship and the following exploration of the area around the colony of Schweidnitz by some ierendian adventurers that were with the heldanns..
I was indeed updating and slowly advancing the story in this thread here on The Piazza: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5831
Yes, if I can I'm willing to write something, but in the 1019 almanac I had just some events in North Western Davania (http://pandius.com/izonda.html)
(Francesco Deferrarri)

KARAMEIKOS PROBLEM

"As to Karameikos, it depends what's the goal. My version (which is basically an adventure with the same basic scheme as RHoD, but a quite different development) is set in or around AC 1000 (it ties with the potential civil war with the Black Eagle, though it could be moved to a later time with some effort - AC1020).
(Giampaolo)

"hmm... i need read to understand it... because on piazza article micky about orcwars 1020, they sugest this plotline involving death of Stephan ( i though that plotline World of Flames by Bruce Heard was said in join)"
(Hausman)

"Yes, it can work with a similar plotline in 1020. Some specifics will have to change, probably." (Giampaolo)

THYATIS

"I wish take conversasion with you about some contributing to AC1020 if you agree" (Hausman)

"Well it's been some years since I worked on the Almanac... After many years without contributing, I've gone back to writing on Thyatis.
Yes, keep me updated!" (Giulio Caroletti)

HELDANNIC WAR

"I'll have to re-read a lot of it to get back into the mindset I had back then" (Geoff Gander)

"thats great.I think your great contribution on 1020 could be an updated ( continuing) this event" (Hausman)

"From what I remember, I wanted to stage things to Anna became recognised as Ordensmeisterin, and for the rebels to be forced to leave the Heldannic heartland.They would still be around as a problem." (Geoff)

"Perhaps they would settled in Heldland, or establish chapters in the Known World to try to draw believers into their camp." (Geoff)

"Heldann would be at peace for a while, though, because we had scripted a lot of wars there.Anna needs time to rebuild.But her followers would be fighting the rebels in other places."(Geoff)

ABOUT ORCWARS on DAROKIN AND GLANTRI COUNCIL PRINCES MEETING

"Hello Micky =)

Please, include your wish basic plotline about the 1020 invasion and Tlatepetl campaign Selenica and Darokin (Beyond Conflict in Canolbarth triggered by forces such as the Hashaburminal) like a simple paragraph of his general idea of ​​what you want / like to I develop to include in a discussion document among the team's 1020 MA before distributing a copy to everyone in the group (including you)" =) (Hausman)

"I can definitely do that. I will have that for you in the next few days. I plan on getting a lot of catch up done this weekend!" (Micky)

"Thanks!! Good to be back! I will likely need to time to get back up to speed, especially with the Almanacs as I haven't looked them over in some time. Quite some time! (Micky)"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUST Inicial talks... there´s more =) developed ... written...in progress

Att: Hausman Santos
Hausman
Bugbear

Next

Return to Mystara