[Large Scale Battles] Principalities of Glantri

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Cthulhudrew, Gawain_VIII, Havard

[Large Scale Battles] Principalities of Glantri

Postby aklanda » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:19 pm

I started to simulate large scale battles between the Principalities of Glantri and the Broken Lands (or whatever will come in future). This movie is my first attempt. You can watch Prince Jherek of Krondahar´s Division set against all the forces of Bugburbia.

Prince Jherek choose to let the humanoids attack, as he knows he can rely on his well equipped fighters of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th banner, who all wield not only swords but also bows. The magicians of the 1st banner are spreaded out behind the other banners.

As the humanoids proceed they are heavily decimated by the oncoming arrows of the Glantrians. Furthermore they are welcomed by devastating magic spells: fireballs from the high-level magicians and sleep-spells from the common 3rd level magician of the 1st banner.

Prince Jherek himself and is second in command are mounted on pegasi and take off at the very beginning of the scene.

Have fun as always: https://youtu.be/SoaAw2nw09I

Comments and suggestions are -as always- welcome.

If you are interested about large scale battles with Darokins army, have a look at my other post: http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17747

There are 3357 individual characters in this fight. You can get the stats from the following picture. The first eleven rows are the soldiers of the Glantrian-army. Read as follows:
"GlMC03 120" means: 120 men of "Glantri Magic Cavalry of level 3"

Last edited by aklanda on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aklanda
Orc

Re: [Large Scale Battles] Principalities of Glantri

Postby pauldupuis » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:19 pm

Is this with software you developed? Or using some simulation tool out there?
pauldupuis
Goblin

Orcus Rex vs Prince Jherek's Division

Postby aklanda » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:23 pm

Ok, I placed another foe against the Glantrians: This time it´s King Thar in Person with all of the might of Orcus Rex (but without other support from the broken lands). There are lots of different humanoids and some of them are even on skinwings. Will they be able to defeat the Divison of Prince Jherek? Enjoy: https://youtu.be/kZ5yrIvpmu4

I also worked on the mechanics of the simulator and changed the following:

- moral checks:
// check for moral, when:
// the group has only a quarter of its hd left OR
// the chief of the group is dead (only once) OR
// if character is reduced to less than 1/4 of his hitpoints

- Assassins:
// The orcs on skinwings will now try to take out the commanders of the groups first.
// Alas a sucessfull wisdom-check is needed to recognize the commander and the attacker has also only a 50%-chance to spot the right person, if he is 150feet away from it.
// This chance will decrease with greater distance.

Any comments or suggestions on this?

- fireball, magic-missles and sleep-spells
// All of them are still implemented. I´m sure you will recognize the fireballs, as they cause lots of damage (small red dots over a charcter). A character under a sleep spell has a black cubic over it.

- Other spells:
// Are not yet implemented. I choose to supplement Jherek`s (and his second-in-command) higher-level spells with fireballs. So they will still cause some havoc.

aklanda
Orc

Color Concept

Postby aklanda » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:34 pm

Right now it is not easy to differentiate between the unit-classes.

So I asked the guys to line up neatly and be so kind as to introduce themselves. It needed some whiping and shouting for the humanoids, but at last they all did as asked. I was able to take a picture before they attacked each other. You see it below. Click on it to enlarge:

aklanda
Orc

Return to Mystara