Your Favorite Glantrian Prince?

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Gawain_VIII, Havard, Cthulhudrew

Who is your favorite Prince of Glantri?

Jaggar von Drachenfels of Aalban
5%
Carnelia de Belcadiz y Fedorias of Belcadiz
15%
Vanserie Vlaardoen of Bergdhoven
No votes
Volospin Aendyr of Blackhill
10%
Morphail Gorevitch-Woszlany of Boldavia
10%
Innocenti di Malapietra of Caurenze
10%
Carlotina Erewan of Erewan
5%
Brannart McGregor of Klantyre
10%
Jherek Virayana of Krondahar
10%
Etienne d'Ambreville of Nouvelle Averoigne
25%

Total votes: 20

Greenbrier
Gnoll

Your Favorite Glantrian Prince?

Post by Greenbrier »

As it's Presidents Day in the US, I was inspired to ask who was your favorite member of the Council of Princes circa AC 1000? (poll only allows 10 choices so went with the GAZ3 Council) Please do share why, especially if it is none of the above because you have a new Prince or Princess from your campaign to tell us about, or if it is one of the newer rulers!
:?: Vote for your favorite Prince of Glantri! http://thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23516

Greenbrier
Gnoll

Re: Your Favorite Glantrian Prince?

Post by Greenbrier »

I'm really torn myself, hard to separate the ruler from the Principality and their associated nobles but ended up voting Carnelia as she herself always seemed to be a real badass, very cool and aloof yet wasn't truly evil. Sad they didn't give her more story in the published materials, I don't remember much at all aside from her legendary parties which set up other events. I also love poor downtrodden Carlotina and the struggles of her Principality to survive in the post-Gazeteer era, and considering the entourage and ambience of the area as well it is hard to beat the dark prince Morphail and his vampire minions running the entire NE of the country
:?: Vote for your favorite Prince of Glantri! http://thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23516

Gravesguardian
Guardian of the Grave
Location: wandering Thunder Rift dealing w/ the threats that spring up

Post by Gravesguardian »

I'll vote for Kol if for no other reason than: come on he got the Glantri Council of Princes to accept a "kobold" among their numbers. How can you not vote for him? lol

Greenbrier
Gnoll

Post by Greenbrier »

Yes you've got to hand it to Kol, I think he is certainly the least likely prince and so pulled off the biggest coup by getting his seat at the Council table. All of the other "new" princes trod an easier path - Harald, Urmahid and Malachie played politics and used established practices, and Dolores/Synn is pulling a great con. Kol is the weakest magically and he isn't hot! Not likely that he'll be able to form any alliances with a honey trap like Dolores did with Jaggar for a while. Gives me an idea though, since he is later portrayed as a minion of Synn perhaps they have a torrid affair and that leads to the birth of draconic-style Kobolds on Mystara like those found in later editions?

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Post by Cthulhudrew »

I'd have likely voted for Urmahid Krinagar if the poll allowed more options (I like that character, and fleshed him out considerably in my own campaign efforts), but of the original group, it's a close call between Morphail and Innocenti. I like the Machiavellian intrigue of the latter character, but overall I think the master vampire is a suave character.
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.

Greenbrier
Gnoll

Post by Greenbrier »

Cthulhudrew wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:23 pm
I'd have likely voted for Urmahid Krinagar if the poll allowed more options (I like that character, and fleshed him out considerably in my own campaign efforts)
Love to see some of your extra detail on Prince Urmahid, at first he was just the "other Ethengar prince" but he really grew on me over the course of the Almanacs and I ended up finding him more interesting than the Virayanas. Perfect choice to have Glantri's spymaster as Chancellor of the Princes and those roles make him pretty easy to insert in any plot, foreign or domestic.

Return to “Mystara”