I think I made a horrible mistake....

Discuss 4th Edition rules, PoL setting concepts, and the GSL here.
The Book-House: Find 4th Edition products, Find D&D Essentials products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

I think I made a horrible mistake....

Post by Angel Tarragon »

A couple of months ago I took my almost all my 4th Edition books down to the bookstore and unloaded them for some cash. I realize now that it was one the biggest mistakes I have made. Fourth edition may not entirely be my cup of tea (like Alternity), but there is still a lot of potential in the system. I'm going to have to reacquire the 4E books I unloaded. <groan>

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Re: I think I made a horrible mistake....

Post by night_druid »

With 5th edition on the way, buying used 4e books shouldn't be too difficult or expensive.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon »

night_druid wrote:With 5th edition on the way, buying used 4e books shouldn't be too difficult or expensive.
That is definitely one of the ups, it's how I acquired a good portion of the Eberron 3E library for on the cheap when 4E was only looming on the horizon.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid »

The Angelic Dragon wrote:That is definitely one of the ups, it's how I acquired a good portion of the Eberron 3E library for on the cheap when 4E was only looming on the horizon.
Once 5e hits the shelves, stores will no doubt be dumping their 4e stock, so you might be able pick up new books for a buck a piece or somesuch deal. Just keep an eye out for it. ;)

Chimpman
Hadozee

Post by Chimpman »

Hey TAD, I thought at one point you had decided to go electronic? What about converting all your old 4e books over to pdf?
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie »

The pdf's will probably go up on DrivethruRPG one day.. this year hopefully.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon »

Chimpman wrote:Hey TAD, I thought at one point you had decided to go electronic? What about converting all your old 4e books over to pdf?
That was a cluster[redacted]. Instead I've decided to go more into PDF/PoD support. I am trying to keep my physical collection as small as possible, trying to fit what I can on two shelving units. I've got two shelves free currently and two that can stand to be cleared off.

Bouv
Cloud Giant

Post by Bouv »

That's a bummer :( This is why I never sell anything (besides an occasional double...sometimes...). Seller's remorse.

rabindranath72
White Dragon

Post by rabindranath72 »

I feel your pain :( I too sold the core 4e books, but now I could have used some of that stuff with 13th Age. Luckily I kept the Eberron, Dark Sun, Underdark and Manual of the Planes which are completely usable with 13th Age.

ghendar
Cranky Grognard

Post by ghendar »

The Angelic Dragon wrote:A couple of months ago I took my almost all my 4th Edition books down to the bookstore and unloaded them for some cash. I realize now that it was one the biggest mistakes I have made. Fourth edition may not entirely be my cup of tea (like Alternity), but there is still a lot of potential in the system. I'm going to have to reacquire the 4E books I unloaded. <groan>
From where I'm sitting you made the right choice. :P

Seriously though, as others have said, with 5e looming, it shouldn't be too hard to reacquire.
Fifth registered member, bitches!

If the Unapproachable East was so unapproachable, how did anyone get there?

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid »

I might suggest visiting game store auctions, too. My local store holds an auction every season or so. You can pick up some good deals there. I've goftten some books cheap. And considering people are dumping their 4e collections for 5e, there will probably be a glut of brand new 4e product at auction, often sold in bundles.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

The Angelic Dragon wrote:I'm going to have to reacquire the 4E books I unloaded. <groan>
Do you have to reacquire all the books you offloaded? Maybe there are some books that you never used.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon »

Big Mac wrote:
The Angelic Dragon wrote:I'm going to have to reacquire the 4E books I unloaded. <groan>
Do you have to reacquire all the books you offloaded? Maybe there are some books that you never used.
I used almost all of them. The only one I didn't was Tomb of Horrors, that one I will not be re-acquiring. I am being very picky about which books to keep in my collection, adventures for any system outside of Pathfinder have no value to me in physical form.

Return to “D&D 4th Edition”