The Player's Guide to Returned Maztica

Mezo-American adventures in Maztica, the True World.
The Book-House: Find Maztica products.
Jürgen Hubert
Bugbear

The Player's Guide to Returned Maztica

Post by Jürgen Hubert »

I've put this off for far too long - I've finally decided to start writing on my Player's Guide to Returned Maztica instead of having the setting information scattered across dozens of different posts and several websites.

The document can be found here. This is a work in progress and will be updated on a frequent if irregular basis. The updates will be published under the same link.

The first chapter I am tackling is the History section. So far, I am halfway through the "Godless Time" - the period that Maztica spent on Abeir before it returned in time for the 5e era. Any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Returned Maztica - a new vision for Maztica in the 5th Edition era of the Forgotten Realms! Learn how the continent has changed after invasions and dragonfire, and take part as the people of Maztica finally take their destinies into their own hands!

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Re: The Player's Guide to Returned Maztica

Post by Sturm »

Great project, following!
Editor of Threshold, the Mystara Magazine: http://pandius.com/thrs_mag.html

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Looks like you're off to a great start! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Jürgen Hubert
Bugbear

Post by Jürgen Hubert »

Thanks! I have updated the document and am now finished with the History section.
Returned Maztica - a new vision for Maztica in the 5th Edition era of the Forgotten Realms! Learn how the continent has changed after invasions and dragonfire, and take part as the people of Maztica finally take their destinies into their own hands!

Seethyr
Couatl

Post by Seethyr »

This is awesome. There's a lot of overlap with our versions - I really like how you delve into what happened during the Abeir era because frankly, I am at a loss for a big portion of it. Anytime you want to reference or use my materials (if that's something you want to do) you are always welcome to do so. Maztica is Alive!
Follow the Maztica (Aztez/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Jürgen Hubert
Bugbear

Post by Jürgen Hubert »

Seethyr wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:47 pm
This is awesome. There's a lot of overlap with our versions - I really like how you delve into what happened during the Abeir era because frankly, I am at a loss for a big portion of it. Anytime you want to reference or use my materials (if that's something you want to do) you are always welcome to do so. Maztica is Alive!
Thanks! I will do so once I have developed the first draft of the document and surveyed where I am at this stage. At the moment, I am largely trying to gather all my notes in one place.

Jürgen Hubert
Bugbear

Post by Jürgen Hubert »

I've added regional descriptions. This was mostly a copy-and-paste job from the various posts on this site, but it's nice to have it all in one place.

Jürgen Hubert
Bugbear

Post by Jürgen Hubert »

I've updated the file again. The most significant change is a section detailing the assorted player character races of Maztica.

Seethyr
Couatl

Post by Seethyr »

I don’t know if you need any monster stats worked up, but I’m redoing the Maztican Monster Manual at the moment and will gladly send you what I’ve done if it will save you time. My originals were riddled with errors but 4 years of experience in 5e have made it quite a bit better.
Follow the Maztica (Aztez/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Jürgen Hubert
Bugbear

Post by Jürgen Hubert »

Seethyr wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:29 pm
I don’t know if you need any monster stats worked up, but I’m redoing the Maztican Monster Manual at the moment and will gladly send you what I’ve done if it will save you time. My originals were riddled with errors but 4 years of experience in 5e have made it quite a bit better.
Thanks for the offer! This particular product will be player-facing and won't have any monster stats. Beyond that, I do have some plans for Maztica monster supplements, but these would focus on "invasive species" - monsters that weren't originally native to Maztica but have now spread around (such as Crabfolk). Since you and Leonaru have already done a lot of work on Maztican monster conversions for 5e, I don't particularly see the need to replicate that - though I may cite them as needed (and in case I will publish further adventures, I might ask for permission to copy some stat blocks).

Return to “Maztica”