Parsantium: City at the Crossroads

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Re: Parsantium: City at the Crossroads

Post by ripvanwormer »

Some more thoughts on using Parsantium in Midgard.

Also, a few thoughts on using it with Pathfinder:

The daeva Hidimba could be almost any kind of evil outsider (a marilith would work well) but an upasunda asura (Bestiary 3, page 27) would be particularly appropriate given their Indian inspiration, six arms, and obsession with violence. Vrishabha would have been fine with asuras in his city, I think, but an asurendra would have been too much like a rival. An upasunda seems just right, depending on your party's power level.

Vrishabha should be a maharaja, of course, possibly even a rajadhiraja (Bestiary 3, 227). Aurius and Avishandu are probably standard rakshasas (with class levels). Heinsoo might be a dandasuka (Bestiary 3, 225) if you wanted him to be smaller and sneakier. The naztharune rakshasa from the 3e Monster Manual III would also work well for him. The yak-headed sorcerers of the mountains are, of course, Al-Qadim's yikaria, which were in the 3e Monster Manual II, but it might be fun to make them marai or tataka rakshasas instead. Or just yak-headed standard rakshasas.

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

ripvanwormer wrote:Some more thoughts on using Parsantium in Midgard.

Also, a few thoughts on using it with Pathfinder:

The daeva Hidimba could be almost any kind of evil outsider (a marilith would work well) but an upasunda asura (Bestiary 3, page 27) would be particularly appropriate given their Indian inspiration, six arms, and obsession with violence. Vrishabha would have been fine with asuras in his city, I think, but an asurendra would have been too much like a rival. An upasunda seems just right, depending on your party's power level.

Vrishabha should be a maharaja, of course, possibly even a rajadhiraja (Bestiary 3, 227). Aurius and Avishandu are probably standard rakshasas (with class levels). Heinsoo might be a dandasuka (Bestiary 3, 225) if you wanted him to be smaller and sneakier. The naztharune rakshasa from the 3e Monster Manual III would also work well for him. The yak-headed sorcerers of the mountains are, of course, Al-Qadim's yikaria, which were in the 3e Monster Manual II, but it might be fun to make them marai or tataka rakshasas instead. Or just yak-headed standard rakshasas.
Hi Rip,

Some great suggestions here on Pathfinder monsters to use. I need to check out the upasunda asura as I'm not familiar with it, but I do like the Bestiary 3 rakshasas. I'm shortly going to be running the final session in my 4e Parsantium campaign and I've had a lot of fun building unique stat blocks for Heinsoo, Aurius and Avishandu as well as the yikaria sorcerers who the PCs will be fighting in the last battle of the campaign. Also, one of the PCs has inadvertently been carrying around a raktavarna rakshasa for ages which Avishandu is using as a spy – I am looking forward to the payoff when it reveals itself and turns on the character ;)

Cheers

Rich

PS Love the stuff on Midgard in the other thread!

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

I've posted the cover sketch for the forthcoming Icons of Parsantium PDF to the Parsantium blog.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi there,

Just thought I'd mention that Parsantium is included in the GM's Day sales at drivethrurpg.com and paizo.com :)

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

The final colour cover art to Icons of Parsantium is done - I think Joe Shawcross has done an awesome job.

Cheers

Richard

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi there,

I've just posted an update to the blog on the forthcoming supplement, Icons of Parsantium.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

Just posted an update with some news on Icons of Parsantium. Very happy to have Rob Heinsoo writing the foreword :)

Cheers

Rich

Return to “The Wishing Well”