[Kickstarter][Midgard] The Southlands

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Kickstarter][Midgard] The Southlands

Post by Big Mac »

Here are some updates from the Kickstarter:
  1. FUNDED! - Sep 16 2014
  2. Day 2: Three Bonus Books FUNDED - Sep 17 2014
  3. A Glimpse of Hieroglyphic Magic, by Ben McFarland (backers only) - Sep 19 2014
  4. Jinnborn Art Preview - Sep 21 2014
  5. 12 Stretch Goals FUNDED! Plus Preview Roundup (3D map video by Anna Meyer)
  6. Hamunaptra Trio FUNDED! - Sep 26 2014
  7. FUNDED: Hero Lab Files & Coin Add-Ons, Adam Daigle, Monolith Kingdom - Sep 29 2014
  8. FUNDED: Servants of the White Ape and Floating Village, NEXT UP: Forum and Bestiary - Oct 2 2014
  9. BEHIND THE SCENES: More about the Jinnborn (backers only) - Oct 3 2014
  10. PREVIEW Available; FUNDED: Red Portal Forum; NEXT UP: the Tomb-Palace - Oct 3 2014
  11. FUNDED: Tomb-Palace of Nakresh the Many-Handed, Great Hive of Arbeyach - Oct 6 2014
  12. Unleash the Beasts! Southlands Bestiary is FUNDED (backers only) - Oct 7 2014
  13. FUNDED: Doomspeakers, More Art; PREVIEW: Bestiary Monster - Oct 7 2014
  14. FUNDED: Art and Aasimar; NEXT: City of Crimson Pillars - Oct 10 2014
  15. Mapping the Southlands, by Anna Meyer - Oct 11 2014
  16. Treasure Trove So Far, 30 Extras Unlocked, 5 Days Left - Oct 12 2014
  17. FUNDED: 10th Arabian Night, NEXT UP: Dice and Werelion Previews - Oct 14 2014
  18. Final 48 Hours: Time to Fly! (3D map video by Anna Meyer) - Oct 16 2014
  19. Art Preview: Doomspeakers Sketch, FUNDED: Martial Options, Scorpion Queen, Ape Demon, Labyrinth City - Oct 17 2014
  20. THANK YOU: One Journey Ends - And Another Begins! (backers only) - Oct 18 2014
  21. Bestiary Update and an Honored Guest - Oct 22 2014
  22. Southlands Bestiary Deadline: Thursday Night! (backers only) - Oct 28 2014
  23. Dangers Lurk: Southlands Bestiary Update - Nov 9 2014
  24. Map Preview, Design Progress, and Survey Testing - Dec 16 2014
  25. Survey Sent! (backers only) - Dec 17 2014
  26. Backgrounds and a Mystery Goal (backers only) - Dec 23 2014
  27. Aasimar, Gnolls, Mirrors & Emerald Order Shipped - Dec 29 2014
  28. Map Progress and a Tour - Feb 3 2015
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Kickstarter][Midgard] The Southlands

Post by Big Mac »

Big Mac wrote:I did Beloved of Horus in the end. (But I would have gone for something without the coin if I could.)
I just got sent an email, as I am supposed to fill in a survey.

I have to say that, compared to the Calidar Kickstarter, I did find this one to be unnecessarily complex.

And I am a bit disappointed that Ten Arabian Nights was locked down to backers only. If there had been a choice, I would have asked for that to be available to non-backers.

According to the Kickstarter stats, the following backers are getting these books printed:
  • HOUSE OF OSIRIS - 6 (2 backers with 3 copies each)
  • THE VIZIER - 37
  • BELOVED OF HORUS - 237
  • MASTER OF THE CARAVAN - 18
  • BEARER OF EMERALDS - 50
  • BEARER OF RUBIES - 15
  • HOUSE OF RA - 15 (3 backers with 5 copies each)
  • BELOVED OF BASTET 6 (and these get signed)
  • RED PORTAL WIZARD 6
  • HOUSE OF ALL GODS 10 (1 backer with 10 copies)
  • MASTER OF JINN 2 (and these get signed)
So there are only going to be 402 copies of this book printed, 8 of which are going to be signed, and 31 of these copies are going to retailers. I really hope I do not see these books being traded at eBay bandit prices. Kobold Press do some pretty good Print on Demand books and I wish they had instead done something like a "limited edition special cover" (to make the collectors happy) and then made it available to everybody afterwards.

Also a bit disappointing, is that two of the backers with gaming stores got 2 copies of the Southlands map (as part of the stuff they were buying) and the map was not put onto the scheme as an item for regular people to buy as an add-on.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “The Wishing Well”