Play It Forward Event on DMs Guild (May 4th-May 17th)

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Play It Forward Event on DMs Guild (May 4th-May 17th)

Post by Big Mac »

OneBookShelf who own DriveThru RPG (and who run Dungeon Master's Guild for Wizards of the Coast) are doing a promotion, called Play It Forward to help DMs Guild content creators:
Lysa Penrose wrote:Image

These are difficult times. Social distancing certainly isn’t making things any easier. But even if we’re isolated physically, that doesn’t mean we can’t still pull together! Join us for the #PlayItForward Event.
Along with licensors on Dungeon Masters Guild (Wizards of the Coast, Fantasy Grounds) and Storytellers Vault (White Wolf), we have agreed we can do more. For two weeks in May, we will waive our share on all sales of community-created products on those sites. As a result, all revenue earned for those titles will go directly to the creators.
When you buy any DMsGuild or Storytellers Vault community title from May 4 to May 17, you are reaching out to lend a helping hand. You’re putting more money straight into the pockets of your gaming community.
Plus, to thank you for supporting creators, we’ll be running a sitewide sale. Enjoy 20% fun and useful titles that are at least 30 days old.

Creators and affiliates, here are details about #PlayItForward you should know:
  • To ensure your title is included, it must be published on DMsGuild or Storytellers Vaults by Thursday, April 30, 2020, at 11:59pm PT.
  • For projects with split royalties, the additional share of revenue will be prorated across contributors.
  • As 100% royalties are going to the creators, the affiliate program will be suspended during the event. Members of our affiliate program, thank you for your understanding and creator support during this time.
  • For print sales, we will pay the print cost of the book before passing the rest along to the creators.
  • Play It Forward will not apply to specific community programs hosted via DriveThruRPG, but look out for details about charity initiatives on this site, coming in May.
If you have been thinking of buying anything on DMs Guild, hang on for a day and you can make sure 100% of the royalties go to the person who designed it.

And you might also be able to pick up some bargains at 20% off!

Does anyone have a DMs Guild wishlist of products they have been planning to buy?

Does anyone have any recommendations (of things they have bought and enjoyed)?

Does anyone on The Piazza have DMs Guild titles that are going to be in the Play It Forward Event?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Re: Play It Forward Event on DMs Guild (May 4th-May 17th)

Post by RobJN »

This is fantastic
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

RobJN wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:28 pm
This is fantastic
I'm waiting to see how wide-spread the sale is.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Nice :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Big Mac wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:24 am
RobJN wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:28 pm
This is fantastic
I'm waiting to see how wide-spread the sale is.
Looks like there is no discount in the Print on Demand prices.

But it's still worth taking a look. :D

Doc Necrotic
Bugbear

Post by Doc Necrotic »

Ooh, this is good to know!
Follow my delves into madness via the Daemons & Deathrays blog!

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

I found several products that I wanted to support, today. Thanks for the heads up!

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides »

I humbly suggest that if you were thinking about getting my D&D 5e race design book, now is a good time. See signature for link. ;)
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Coronoides wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:53 am
I humbly suggest that if you were thinking about getting my D&D 5e race design book, now is a good time. See signature for link. ;)
Have you made a topic about your book in The Wishing Well, Coronoides?

Return to “The Wishing Well”