This thread is dedicated to creating new content for the SPELLJAMMER for D&D 3e section of Beyond the Moons. Eventually we hope to turn this information into a series of 3rd edition PDFs for Spelljammer (or maybe eventually one large SJCS PDF). Posting in this thread will be taken as giving consent for your posts being used for any purpose by Beyond the Moons. If, for some reason, you do not want your work to be used by Beyond the Moons, please do not write in this thread. (If you write in this thread but say you do not want your work to be used, I will ask a moderator to delete your posts.) If you wish your work to be correctly credited to you, please ensure you have your name in your forum signature.
(As you can see, I've given the thread a formalised title. The "[SJ3e]" is to let people know this is part of the 3rd edition project. The word "Converting" is to let people know this is a thread for converting (rather than discussing) a subject. Eventually we will have a [SJ3e] FAQ thread and this sort of explanation will go into there. This is a "proof of concept" thread. If this is successful, we will be requesting a SJ3e project space and any threads will be moved over to that project. If that is done we won't need to put the [SJ3e] tag onto things unless people want to have a discussion about the project in the main Spelljammer thread.)
Here is how these conversion threads are going to work. We are going to copy the pattern of the Creature Catalogue at ENWorld.
1) I'm going to start a thread (so that I have the rights to edit the first post).
2) Then we will make a list of things we are going to convert - this would normally be a broader subjects like "[SJ3e] Converting Deities of Spelljammer" or "[SJ3e] Converting Spells of AD&D Adventures in Space", but this thread is testing the concept, so we will stick with the one thing.
3) Normally, we will then go through the list one thing at a time. Anyone can request something specific, but like the guys in the Creature Catalogue threads I'll pick out of the suggestions (or we can just go top to bottom if nobody has a special preference). However, this is a single item thread, so we don't need to do that this time.
4) Then we are going to look for the original source material we are converting and quote the important bit here. If the thing has different sources we will quote them all.
5) Once we have that done, we will go through the 2nd edition text one thing at a time and suggest possible 3.X/3.0/3.5 rules. We are going to concentrate on 3.5, but if things can be 3.0 friendly that is great with me.
6) The final conversion will not normally be posted in the thread where we do the conversion work (as it will get burried). Instead it will be shunted over to a specific post in a thread reserved to completed conversions. (This will help people who want to do playtesting read through those threads to quickly find completed conversions.)
7) Eventually a section will be finished and the work will be compiled and submitted to Beyond the Moons.
For this thread, and this thread only, the completed conversion will be moved to post number 3 (with post number 2 being used for quoting the original material). Normally we will be posting different source material (or extracts) as we go along.
List of Ptah: