Which prepublished adventures would you recommend?

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.
waylander39
Troll

Which prepublished adventures would you recommend?

Post by waylander39 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:32 pm

I've been scouting around Drive thru rpg the last couple of weeks and was thinking about downloading some adventures for Dark Sun. As always the question of which ones to buy came up and I wondered if anyone here with more experience of them than myself might like to offer some suggestions/recommendations?

Idabrius
Hill Giant

Re: Which prepublished adventures would you recommend?

Post by Idabrius » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:11 am

Mind Lords of the Last Sea is amazing. I've never run it, but often read it with glee!

10th Age books on Lulu
10th Age and 2e downloads on the Frothing Mug

Moderator of the Homebrew, Birthright, Planescape, Dark Sun, and the Orc's Revenge boards. My moderator voice is green.

band2
Kobold

Post by band2 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:40 pm

There is this thread from the wizard's boards with reviews of some of the adventures. Never did reach Dragon Crown though, which was probably the best DS adventure. It is very long, which has cause problems for some people, including me, but overall it is very good.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=760023

waylander39
Troll

Post by waylander39 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:52 pm

That's quite useful and certainly a good starting point. I guess I'm looking for anyone who has GM'ed the DS adventures to give me some first hand testimony as to what works and what doesn't.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:15 am

Always check out Paizo's prices before buying from DriveThru RPG. They are usually cheaper at the TSR PDFs.

EDIT: Hmm, I just checked and Paizo put this up to $5.00 vs DriveThru's $4.95. Paizo have been cheaper, and known they were cheaper, for years, so I wonder why they have now chosen to be dearer. :?

The only stuff you shouldn't buy from Paizo is the stuff that is given away free by WotC, but still sold by Paizo, DriveThru RPG and RPG Now. I think it is totally unethical for people to be selling those freebie ESD downloads. :evil:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Dark Sun”