[Pathfinder2] Monks don't need Wisdom anymore

Discuss Paizo's Pathfinder and Pathfinder Second Edition rules here. Discussion of the World of Golarion campaign setting can also be held here.
The Book-House: Find Pathfinder RPG products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

talsine
Priest of Syrinx

[Pathfinder2] Monks don't need Wisdom anymore

Post by talsine » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:11 am

SO, I'm still reading and doing some character building, i won't be able to play for at least another week, but something that really stuck out at me was the fact that Monks don't seem to need to use Wisdom at all in this edition. I mean, other than a few skills, nothing they use key's on this attribute.

Am I missing something?
Does this bother you? (not sure how i feel about it yet)
It is a pretty big step away from previous editions, but it does make Monks a lot less MAD.

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Re: [PF2] Monks don't need Wisdom anymore

Post by Cthulhudrew » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:03 am

2E monks are supposed to use their Wisdom score for their focus spells (like their ki powers), but for some reason this was accidentally omitted from the Core rulebook.

Logan Bonner noted this specifically back when they were doing their Monk Class Preview (under the "ki" section), and it was recently noted in a Rules Q&A at GenCon that this was an oversight (around the 2:02 mark).

See also: this thread on the Paizo forums.
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.

talsine
Priest of Syrinx

Re: [PF2] Monks don't need Wisdom anymore

Post by talsine » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:13 am

Cthulhudrew wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:03 am
2E monks are supposed to use their Wisdom score for their focus spells (like their ki powers), but for some reason this was accidentally omitted from the Core rulebook.

Logan Bonner noted this specifically back when they were doing their Monk Class Preview (under the "ki" section), and it was recently noted in a Rules Q&A at GenCon that this was an oversight (around the 2:02 mark).

See also: this thread on the Paizo forums.
So Monks are the single except to the Class DC and Spell attach rules in that they do't use their Key Ability for this? That seems odd to me. And that threads mostly seems to bear it out. One mention in passing on a side bar isn't a rule. Guess we have to wait for Errata.

edit: clarity

Return to “Pathfinder”