[C&C] Creatures and Conversions

Discuss Troll Lord Game's rules set here.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [C&C] Creatures and Conversions

Post by Big Mac » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:10 pm

BoddynockStotch wrote:Then I stand corrected, but the 3rd edition Kuo-toa still looks more like a frog then a fish.
BTW: That wasn't a bash, so I hope it didn't look like one. But there is so much confusion around the internet. WotC are generally fairly cool about fan material, as long as it doesn't undermine their IP rights, or...and here is the big one...generate a profit.

The best thing to do is make sure you stick on a notice that X belongs to Wizards of the Coast. You will see this sort of notice on websites, so if you eventually (hopefully) get together enough of these conversions for a C&C netbook, you might want to add in that sort of thing to the "to do list".

I am not a lawyer, so this is not legal advice and your mileage may vary*. ;)

* = Contents may settle in transit. Do not bend, spindle or mutilate. Serving suggestion. ;)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

BoddynockStotch
Gnoll

Post by BoddynockStotch » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:37 pm

I didn't take it as a bash, but thank you for correcting because as I look back, I really did make a few errors. Anyway I've been here at my computer preparing to actually starting to convert SJ monsters but, before I do that, here is one I especially made for your Streetspace sphere. He who dwells along the man made rivers that flow under the streets to pump water. This, good Big Mac, is Kremit the Kuo-toa

Kremit the Kuo-toa True-Neutral
Medium Monstrous Humanoid/Bard 5th level
2d8 + 5d10

Str: 8/-1
Dex: 12/0
Con: 12/0
Int: 11/0
Wis: 11/0
Cha: 16/3
Bonus to hit: +5
Attack: Bite +4 (1d4-1), Light Crossbow +5 (1d6) R: 80 ft

Abilities:
Decipher Script Intelligence): Kremit can use his intelligence to attempt to decipher any written item in strange, archaic languages or code. He must make an intelligence check to do so. He can also use this ability to read wizard scrolls but this comes with a -10 penalty
Exalt: +2 on any action requiring an attribute check including saves, ability checks, attribute checks (not attack rolls) this increases to +3 at 6th level, +4 at 12th, and +5 at 18th
Legend Lore (Charisma): Kremit, a lore master of the sphere can use his ability to recall obscure facts. If someone wants to hear them between lute playings.
Fascinate: As long as a creature can see and hear Kremit they can be fascinated. Requiring a Charisma saving throw (CL + 5). If the save fails the creature sits quietly and listens to Kremit for the full duration of the song (for a kuo-toa this is kind of the only way he gets listeners sometimes.) The bard must concentrate full during playing and the target is treated as if prone. Suffering -4 to all saves and -5 to AC. Any obvious threat automatically breaks the effect.

Kremit is a rather oddity when it comes to Streetspace. The former wildspace kuo-toa who found himself stranded on the planet after his crew dumped him off (one could hazard a guess after meeting him.) Not that he's dangerous, rather he sits along the man made rivers that flow under the streets of Streetspace. Strumming his lute and singing how its not easy being green, or finding that rainbow connect, the lovers and the dreamers indeed. While not dangerous he does have a habit of fascinating people walking by with his playing. Having them sit and watch the performance then charging after they snapped out the dreamlike state.

(And yeah, I did manually roll those attributes up using the 3d6 model they suggested. You can plug 4d6 but I decided to go old school style. Also you might notice bards do not get magic spells. In fact bards, paladins, nor rangers get spells. Bards are more like exalting warrior-poets. Paladins are Templars of good. Smiting people rather then casting spells, and Rangers are supreme woodsmen/trackers over hybrids of druids and fighters. But, despite the strange race. This is from what I see kind of what a character entry might look like.)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:22 pm

BoddynockStotch wrote:This, good Big Mac, is Kremit the Kuo-toa
Nice! 8-)

Hmm. I wonder if I can get my friend Neil Prior (the GM at my role playing club) to play this bard as a PC. :twisted:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:54 am

More of this would be appreciated.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Boddynock
Gnomish Ambassador

Post by Boddynock » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:19 pm

(Well here is an old thread. 3 years old since I sort of jumped full force into Castles and Crusades. But hey! Using the power of thread necromancy, it's time we get back into C&C with new races! and conversions! This one is sort of my own race, but inspired by other cats. The Tigran)

Tigran

Tigrans ran the gamut from golden brown to black fur. A race of cat people who are at home amongst the deserts and plains to the jungle, there are very few difference sin tigrans as a whole but by the individual tribes who wore against each other.
Warlike, aggressive to neighbors, and never letting an insult slide. The tigran race are a newcomer to the racial tables. They do not pose a significant threat due to their lack of solidarity with each other, but as their population booms other races might begin to worry if they will have another half-orc crises on hand.

Description
Tigrans are bipedal cat people whose coat color ranges from spotted yellow and black to wheat gold to pure black. They are excellent climbers who employ their claws to help them keep a handhold on trees. Both claws and teeth are a dangerous combination that they use in combat along with forged weapons. They stand around the height of humans with different types varying in heights. A spotted Tigran might hover around the shortest of humans while a great golden tigran with a thick mane might be the size of a half-orc.

Personality
Tigrans are convinced of their superior lineage with cats and are quite proud of their accomplishments at establishing the tribes. This is off putting to non-tigrans who'd wish the cat people would be silent partners about this. They are viscous having an original hunting mind set and are not use to giving quarter to foes. As their contact with other humanoids grows this might change their behavior, but they often chafe under the eyes of a superior who tries to curtail their violent ways.

Racial Affinities
Tigrans live for battle and to prove their honor. Tribal life can be seen by an outsider as a constantly tense state as stronger, older cats, try to maintain dominance while younger tigrans seek to dethrone or slay their elders as a sign of growing respect. This puts them at odds with humans who see this as barbarism. Humans put up with this when needing to cross the dangerous environments like the Darkhand Desert or the scrublands. Tigrans get along with half-orcs well, seeing them as like minded in battle and never having the same sort of fighting animosity with orcs, yet. Tigrans do not respect Halflings or Gnomes, seeing them at best as weaklings and at worst prey. Other races they tend to be off putting, but no major incident has occurred.

Environment
Their homelands tend to range between scrub growing veldts where the original tigran lords founded the first tribe lands. Into the desert where cats worship the Great Mother, Bast, and battle cobra naga. To the jungles where jet black or spotted tigrans make their home amongst the streams and trees of the area.

Racial Traits and Abilities
Natural Attack (Claws): Tigran can use the claws on their hands to make a natural attack that does a d4 plus strength. A tigran monk gains an extra +1 damage bonus to their unarmed attacks as they bring in their claws with their unarmed attack moves.

Natural Attack (Bite): Tigrans can also elect to use a bite on their turn causing a 1d8 plus strength.

Duskvision: Tigrans with their sharp eyes, can see in starlight and moonlight just as a human can at dusk. They retain the ability to distinguish color and some detail under these conditions, though everything is cast in shadows. They have no enhanced vision underground, in torchlight, or under similar conditions of poor illumination.

Languages: Tigran, Common, Dwarven, Orc, Gnoll
Size: Medium
Movement: 30 feet
Attribute Modifiers: +1 Dexterity, -1 Charisma
Other Modifiers: +2 Track, +2 Move Silently
Check out my blog: 'The Gnomish Embassy'

My Wattpad Profile

Support your local gnome!

Boddynock Stotch - 17th level Gnome Bard of Far Shore, Isle of Dread - Savage Tide Adventure Path

Return to “Castles & Crusades”