Wheat Hollow Blog

Discuss Troll Lord Game's rules set here.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

dulsi
Storm Giant

Wheat Hollow Blog

Post by dulsi » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:19 am

The author of Harvesters has started a blog. The post with the missing images from the Crusaders article are interesting. It would have made the article more visually appealing. I haven't read the article so I can't comment on the content.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
ImageImage

Deogolf
Goblin

Re: Wheat Hollow Blog

Post by Deogolf » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:00 pm

Thanks for posting the link to my blog!! Every little bit helps!

I decided I needed to address some issues that were incorrectly handled when the Harvesters was first released. The first one will be movement - a question that seems to come up often.

If you have any questions, just let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!!

Thanks again!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Deogolf wrote:Thanks for posting the link to my blog!! Every little bit helps!

I decided I needed to address some issues that were incorrectly handled when the Harvesters was first released. The first one will be movement - a question that seems to come up often.

If you have any questions, just let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!!

Thanks again!
Welcome to The Piazza, John!

There is another thread for Havesters (started back in March 2010) and there are a few questions over there.

Havard has added you to the "Celebrities on the Piazza" thread. We had another professional ask about promoting their material on The Piazza (without it looking like spam). The forum owner (Ashtagon) kindly set up a forum called The Wishing Well for industry news. If you have any press releases for any other work you want to promote, please feel free to start a thread there.

NOTE: For those reading The Piazza under the temporary URL, the internal links you need are: Havesters, Celebrities on the Piazza and The Wishing Well. I will delete this note after the original URL is restored.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Deogolf
Goblin

Post by Deogolf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Deogolf wrote:Thanks for posting the link to my blog!! Every little bit helps!

Thanks again!
Welcome to The Piazza, John!

There is another thread for Havesters (started back in March 2010) and there are a few questions over there.

Havard has added you to the "Celebrities on the Piazza" thread. We had another professional ask about promoting their material on The Piazza (without it looking like spam). The forum owner (Ashtagon) kindly set up a forum called The Wishing Well for industry news. If you have any press releases for any other work you want to promote, please feel free to start a thread there.

NOTE: For those reading The Piazza under the temporary URL, the internal links you need are: Havesters, Celebrities on the Piazza and The Wishing Well. I will delete this note after the original URL is restored.
Gracias!! Definitely will do!!

dulsi
Storm Giant

Post by dulsi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:55 pm

In response to my comments on your speed blog post you included:
To be revealed in my upcoming Creatures & Critters book.
That's not a great sale pitch to me. I wanted an easy to learn intro rpg. Instead I've got to get another book to include the corrections to the first.

Will it include an explanation of "SAVES: P" means or will that have to wait for another product? When I looked at your monsters, I noticed this line and didn't think it was explained it in the book. Sure enough it is not. I happen to know from information I've read about Castles & Crusades what it means but it means Harvesters is not the easy to learn intro rpg I was looking for.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
ImageImage

Deogolf
Goblin

Post by Deogolf » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:27 pm

dulsi wrote:In response to my comments on your speed blog post you included:
To be revealed in my upcoming Creatures & Critters book.
That's not a great sale pitch to me. I wanted an easy to learn intro rpg. Instead I've got to get another book to include the corrections to the first.

Will it include an explanation of "SAVES: P" means or will that have to wait for another product? When I looked at your monsters, I noticed this line and didn't think it was explained it in the book. Sure enough it is not. I happen to know from information I've read about Castles & Crusades what it means but it means Harvesters is not the easy to learn intro rpg I was looking for.
I was referring to the changes to their movement, not the "Holy Grail" answer to movement. Unfortunately, TLG blind-sided me with the rules set that they used for the game. I wrote only the adventure and the critters that went with it. There wasn't supposed to be a lot of things in the game that were in there (i.e. rangers, druids, horses, certain spells, etc), but they threw it out there before I could do anything about it. That goes with the "P" situation too - that should have been clearly spelled out in the rules, but wasn't. To say that I'm not happy with that is putting it lightly!! :evil:
:evil:

Deogolf
Goblin

Post by Deogolf » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:00 pm

I posted some info on the Hedgehog if anyone is interested. I hope you enjoy it!!

Deogolf
Goblin

Post by Deogolf » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Posted a few new critters and made a couple of subtle changes to a few existing ones as well. Let me know what you think!

Thanks for looking!

Return to “Castles & Crusades”