AC -1 v 1 etc. What's This

Old School Revival at its best?

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

THAC0
Goblin

AC -1 v 1 etc. What's This

Post by THAC0 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:45 pm

I see some abilities have 'AC -1 v 1' and other abilities. Where is the explanation for this located? Also, is there a table or list as to which weapons can be considered off hand or is it listed in the individual entries? I saw that the Cestus was off hand. Thanks!

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Re: AC -1 v 1 etc. What's This

Post by RobJN » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:12 pm

THAC0 wrote:I see some abilities have 'AC -1 v 1' and other abilities. Where is the explanation for this located? Also, is there a table or list as to which weapons can be considered off hand or is it listed in the individual entries? I saw that the Cestus was off hand. Thanks!
Chapter 6: Weapon Feats lists the Weapon Abilities starting on page 66 (in the download-pdf version that I have)

The Armor Class Bonus is read as a modifier to your AC against the first X number of attacks; this can vary depending on whether your opponent is armed or unarmed, so be sure to check both tables, if the given weapon has more than one!

So, "AC -1 vs 1" (Let's use the hand axe description on page 53) means your character gets a -1 bonus to his AC vs one attack from an unarmed opponent (or one using a missile weapon). If your character is fighting an armed opponent, the hand axe's AC bonus does not apply.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Blacky the Blackball
White Dragon

Post by Blacky the Blackball » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:54 pm

RobJN has it right, although I will add that if you're using the automated PDF character sheet it will fill in all that for you when you tell it what weapon you're wielding and what level of proficiency you have with it.
Check out Gurbintroll Games for my free RPGs (including Dark Dungeons and FASERIP)!

(I'm a moderator for "The Orc's Revenge" and its sub-forums. If I need to post anything officially as a mod, rather than just as a user, I'll post it in green.)

THAC0
Goblin

Post by THAC0 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:43 am

Cool, makes sense now.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:13 pm

Blacky the Blackball wrote:RobJN has it right, although I will add that if you're using the automated PDF character sheet it will fill in all that for you when you tell it what weapon you're wielding and what level of proficiency you have with it.
Sheesh, does it roll the dice for you, too?? :cool: ;)
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

THAC0
Goblin

Post by THAC0 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:07 pm

RobJN wrote:
Blacky the Blackball wrote:RobJN has it right, although I will add that if you're using the automated PDF character sheet it will fill in all that for you when you tell it what weapon you're wielding and what level of proficiency you have with it.
Sheesh, does it roll the dice for you, too?? :cool: ;)
It even provides a faux British accent and a munchkin background for all the magic items you want.

Return to “Dark Dungeons”