Upcoming One-Shot in Seoul

Old School Revival at its best?

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

vito
Orc

Upcoming One-Shot in Seoul

Post by vito » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:07 am

I gave my players the choice to play Lamentations of the Flame Princess or Dark Dungeons.
They chose Dark Dungeons "for the steet-cred."
:D

We're doing the Grinding Gear. Wish us luck. I'll let you know how it goes.

So far we have a level 4 thief being ported in from a previous AD&D campaign and a dwarven "rat-catcher".

Blacky the Blackball
White Dragon

Re: Upcoming One-Shot in Seoul

Post by Blacky the Blackball » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Kill them! Kill them all!
Check out Gurbintroll Games for my free RPGs (including Dark Dungeons and FASERIP)!

(I'm a moderator for "The Orc's Revenge" and its sub-forums. If I need to post anything officially as a mod, rather than just as a user, I'll post it in green.)

vito
Orc

Post by vito » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Now, now. I will make sure that if they die, it will be because of their own recklessness an inattention to detail. :twisted:

Oh, I'm using some house-rules by the way.

1. When declaring intent, players secretly write their characters actions down on index cards (or select an action card they've already written.) This is to prevent everybody from shouting at me all at once like in previous games.

2. I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to hit point recovery, so I let everybody re-roll their hit-dice after each rest (and ignore the result if its lower than the total they had before.)

3. We are going to try the Dark Dungeons encumbrance system because I want to see how it works out, but I'm tempted to use the Lamentations of the Flame Princess encumbrance system because its just so good.

4. I noticed that Dark Dungeons doesn't have certain items listed in the equipment section, so I'm putting together an extra list of items that were popular among my groups in the past. This will include:
Hunting dogs
Guard dogs
Hawks
Cows
Iron chains
Caltrops
Ball-bearings
Grease
Block & Tackle
Smoking herbs

vito
Orc

Post by vito » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:32 am

It went well! The dwarf almost got killed by the rival adventuring party, but he succeeded his saving throw vs. death and his buddy was able to patch him up.
It looks like we'll be doing this as a two-parter.
*edit*
And I didn't use any of my house-rules except for that first one. That went well though; it sped things up a lot.

Return to “Dark Dungeons”