If God were a villain he'd be me. (LF players & GMs D&D 5E)

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
Mike Myler
Entropic Half-Fiend Flail Snail

If God were a villain he'd be me. (LF players & GMs D&D 5E)

Post by Mike Myler »

Do you seek the forbidden secrets and dark horrors that lay beneath the veil of reality? Dabble in demonology or deal with demons? Hunt, bribe, coerce, murder, or whatever else it takes to achieve power?

GREAT! You're who I am looking for!

Please let me know here if you are a GM or player interested in running or participating in some evil D&D 5E (either at your homes or online). Note that I am looking for both GM and player playtesters, but I'm only personally running so many groups. Thank you!
There are dozens of free PDFs for my campaign settings on my website! Veranthea Codex (a coterie of 6 diverse areas of play in one heavily detailed 380+ page Pathfinder RPG book), Hypercorps 2099 (superhero cyberpunk Pathfinder and D&D 5E), Mists of Akuma (eastern fantasy noir steampunk for D&D 5E), 2099 Wasteland (apocalyptic atomic fantasy D&D 5E), and Book of Exalted Darkness (holy decopunk and evil for D&D 5e)! Check em out!
willpell
Black Dragon

Re: If God were a villain he'd be me. (LF players & GMs D&D

Post by willpell »

raises eyebrow
Mike Myler

Post by Mike Myler »

Messaged! ;)
There are dozens of free PDFs for my campaign settings on my website! Veranthea Codex (a coterie of 6 diverse areas of play in one heavily detailed 380+ page Pathfinder RPG book), Hypercorps 2099 (superhero cyberpunk Pathfinder and D&D 5E), Mists of Akuma (eastern fantasy noir steampunk for D&D 5E), 2099 Wasteland (apocalyptic atomic fantasy D&D 5E), and Book of Exalted Darkness (holy decopunk and evil for D&D 5e)! Check em out!
willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell »

I see that you managed to find some people who were interested in this project. Not for me, but congrats.
Mike Myler

Post by Mike Myler »

willpell wrote:I see that you managed to find some people who were interested in this project. Not for me, but congrats.
Thank you sir!

The Kickstarter is going great (free adventure module and free evil supplement on the project page!) so we might get to the goody-two shoes stretch goal for the book--I know a lot of people are into the stylish holy decopunk vibe but not into being despicable and wicked, and I am looking out for you. :D
willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell »

Yeah, I kiiiinda like the design aesthetic, but your pitch embraces the "be EEEEEEvil!!!" vibe way, way, way harder than I could ever tolerate. I love moral ambiguity, but I have no desire to play an unrepentant psychopath and/or jerk, while fighting exclusively "good" enemies. I get a slight Bayonetta vibe from the work you've mentioned, and if it was more in that direction, I'd be more interested in it, although I don't know if it'd be enough to secure my interest (and doubtlessly there are people who've backed your KS specifically because they do like exactly what you're doing).
Mike Myler

Post by Mike Myler »

willpell wrote:Yeah, I kiiiinda like the design aesthetic, but your pitch embraces the "be EEEEEEvil!!!" vibe way, way, way harder than I could ever tolerate. I love moral ambiguity, but I have no desire to play an unrepentant psychopath and/or jerk, while fighting exclusively "good" enemies. I get a slight Bayonetta vibe from the work you've mentioned, and if it was more in that direction, I'd be more interested in it, although I don't know if it'd be enough to secure my interest (and doubtlessly there are people who've backed your KS specifically because they do like exactly what you're doing).
We are totally bear-hugging evil--I LOVED the Book of Vile Darkness and want to bring that sort of nefariousness to others :D

Bayonetta is more Hypercorps I think (it's been a while for me, but that was the high-octane Sega action game about the goth lady in high-heels action-movie-ing her way through evil in modern day right?) but keep an eye out--we have plans for a lot of stuff yet (SotDL conversion, goody-two-shoes book, Pathfinder conversion using said goody-goody material). I get all caught up doing the runaround for these that it rarely occurs to me "dude you have 3 weeks to go chill out" but aye, we have an exciting 3 weeks coming up :D

Return to “The Crystal Globe”