Islam’s Medieval Underworld

Arabian Adventures in Zakhara, the Land of Fate.
The Book-House: Find Al-Qadim products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Islam’s Medieval Underworld

Post by Big Mac »

An interesting blog entry got posted at the Al-Qadim group on Facebook, and I thought I would crosspost it here.

The article is called Islam’s Medieval Underworld and is all about Arabian thieves.

You might want to check it out.

BTW: Does anyone have D&D stats for a tortoise? :lol:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Isuru
Ogre

Re: Islam’s Medieval Underworld

Post by Isuru »

Just read this making the rounds on G+.
Definitely gristle for the typical D&D thieves guild, plus awesome hooks for a once noble heritage scattered into the underworld by political shifts.
Fitting given the importance of middle eastern tales such as the 1001 Nights forming one of the pillar of fantasy genre.

True_Atlantean
Hill Giant

Post by True_Atlantean »

Big Mac wrote:An interesting blog entry got posted at the Al-Qadim group on Facebook, and I thought I would crosspost it here.
Thanks for sharing, Big Mac, I have use for this in my 'Vampire: the Dark Ages' game too.
Big Mac wrote:BTW: Does anyone have D&D stats for a tortoise? :lol:
Hmm... a 'Speak with animals' would be really handy here. Failing that, if you could press a tortoise Familiar into this role, you'd be set.
The only danger is that the Familiar would probably be clever enough to demand a cut for taking some of the risks. In many ways, the tortoise is a clever choice given the slow nature of the beast. You illuminate the house slowly and gradually, and it makes very little noise. Anything able to distract it will elicit a slow response at best. As I said, very clever.
The Mirage Arcana Podcast Archive has moved. Visit us here.
Keep up-to-date with RPG news at my Scoop.It page.
Kippers and Jam, a blog about roleplaying.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

True_Atlantean wrote:
Big Mac wrote:BTW: Does anyone have D&D stats for a tortoise? :lol:
Hmm... a 'Speak with animals' would be really handy here. Failing that, if you could press a tortoise Familiar into this role, you'd be set.
The only danger is that the Familiar would probably be clever enough to demand a cut for taking some of the risks. In many ways, the tortoise is a clever choice given the slow nature of the beast. You illuminate the house slowly and gradually, and it makes very little noise. Anything able to distract it will elicit a slow response at best. As I said, very clever.
I wonder if they have tortoises on any of the Steaming Isles. :D
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Al-Qadim”