Anyone got Six Arabian Nights?

Arabian Adventures in Zakhara, the Land of Fate.
The Book-House: Find Al-Qadim products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Anyone got Six Arabian Nights?

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:19 pm

Richard Green, just mentioned a book called Six Arabian Nights on Faceborg.

I could not find it on Amazon, but RPG Geek has a page forSix Arabian Nights. They says that it had all these designers working on it: Wolfgang Baur, Jim Clunie, Bill Collins, David "Zeb" Cook, Randy Dorman, Clay Fleischer, Mark Gedak, Richard Green, Jeff Grubb, Ed Healy, Lutz Hofmann, Ben McFarland, Jaye Sonia, Trevor Stamper and Joshua Stevens. It was published by Open Design LLC back in 2008 and apparantly won an ENnie Award!

The back cover blub looks pretty interesting:
Six Arabian Nights back cover blurb wrote:Bright Scimitars in Dark Arabia!

Dive into the wildest desert and visit the lushness of Siwal, City of Gardens, in this collection of six Arabian adventures by designers old and new. It offers a new Arabian city, its foes, and its brave people, led by the Sultan Al-Mamun and the Vizier Akil ibn Khaldun—and a host of genies, ghuls, assassins and pirates. This short adventure anthology for low to mid levels (roughly 6 to 10) can be played alone or put together as a mini-campaign. Ready your scimitars against the darkness for six nights of heroic fantasy:

The Blood Oasis
Ghuls did some nasty things out at the oasis, and now they’re coming to town. By Jeff Grubb, author of TSR’s Arabian Adventures. Though death awaits, may our tales be glorious!

Bottled Desire
Romance, fights and chases through a crowded market, in a mix of comedy and magic.

Cult of the Howling God
Cultists, assassins, and corruption. Classic pulp adventure.

The Gravebinder’s Daughter
A one-night trek through a huge necropolis full of secrets.

The Sand Pirates
Nautical action on a flying sandship, with new monsters and a half-efreet enemy captain.

Wishbound
A corrupted genie’s child seeks his redemption, with a small twist to the ending.
One thing I'm confused about is the page count. According to RPG Geek, the PDF has 10 more pages than the dead tree version.

Has anyone got this? If so, what do you think about it?

Would it be easy to fit Six Arabian Nights into Zakhara?

I found a page for Six Arabian Nights on wolfgangbaur.com, but I can't find it on the Kobold Press website. Does anyone know who owns this (and if they might be putting it out on Print on Demand at some point)?

EDIT: Wolfgang Baur says that he is working on an updated version of this book.

EDIT2: Wolfgang said he is: "Updating art, text, rules going to Pathfinder and maybe 5e." He also said that the city of Siwal is described and mapped in the Midgard Campaign Setting. The estimated time for Six Arabian Nights to come back is 2015.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

thorr-kan
Ogre

Re: Anyone got Six Arabian Nights?

Post by thorr-kan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Six Arabian Nights was an closed patronage project through Open Design by Kobold Press, then Kobold Quarterly. It is set in Mr. Baur's home campaign setting, which became the Midgard Campaign setting.

Since Mr. Baur wrote Assassin's Mountain and Secrets of the Lamp, I believe SAS would fit in AQ with some work to back fit it to 2ED. The style? flavor? feeling? is very AQ; the mechanics are pure OGL.

It's is an excellent read.

NOTE: I was a patron of said project, I am an AQ fanatic, and I am a drooling Baur fanboy. There's a miniscule possibility my judgement might be biased.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:16 am

thorr-kan wrote:Six Arabian Nights was an closed patronage project through Open Design by Kobold Press, then Kobold Quarterly. It is set in Mr. Baur's home campaign setting, which became the Midgard Campaign setting.

Since Mr. Baur wrote Assassin's Mountain and Secrets of the Lamp, I believe SAS would fit in AQ with some work to back fit it to 2ED. The style? flavor? feeling? is very AQ; the mechanics are pure OGL.

It's is an excellent read.
Thanks for the help. :)
thorr-kan wrote:NOTE: I was a patron of said project, I am an AQ fanatic, and I am a drooling Baur fanboy. There's a miniscule possibility my judgement might be biased.
This is the funniest thing I have read all day! :lol:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

thorr-kan
Ogre

Post by thorr-kan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:56 am

Late Breaking News:

The update was Eleven Arabian Nights for Pathfinder, back in the day, 2015 or thereabouts.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:52 am

Big Mac wrote:
Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:19 pm
One thing I'm confused about is the page count. According to RPG Geek, the PDF has 10 more pages than the dead tree version.
Maps & handouts, perhaps?
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:36 am

night_druid wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:52 am
Big Mac wrote:
Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:19 pm
Maps & handouts, perhaps?
The PDF has 93 pages, including the front and back cover. The physical book has 8 pages that use Roman numerals and 83 pages that use Arabic numerals (numbers that use 0-9 that we're all used to). The 8 initial pages, 83 pages of the main content, and front and back cover comes to 93. The content is the same.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:37 am

thorr-kan wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:56 am
The update was Eleven Arabian Nights for Pathfinder, back in the day, 2015 or thereabouts.
I can confirm it was 2015.

thorr-kan
Ogre

Post by thorr-kan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:16 pm

Tim Baker wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:37 am
thorr-kan wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:56 am
I can confirm it was 2015.
Yeah, copyright is 2015; my file date is 2016. Hence my hedging.

Return to “Al-Qadim”