Mike Mearls' Nentir Vale monsters

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Mike Mearls' Nentir Vale monsters

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:56 pm

Mike Mearls posted this Tweet about Nentir Vale monsters on Twitter:
Mike Mearls on Twitter wrote:Two critters for my campaign, creatures spawned by Torog. As written Torog is the god of the Underdark and torture in the Nentir Vale setting, I made him a fiend entombed underground by a curse. His frantic burrowing and malign nature created the Underdark.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSgyNkqVAAAMKZ1.jpg
He went on to say this:
Mike Mearls on Twitter wrote:Wrack spawn are what is left of humanoids that fall into into his clutches - skin flayed, limbs twisted and broken, turn their pain on others.
...and this:
Mike Mearls on Twitter wrote:Lash fiends are lesser servitors, torturers who thrive on the wrack spawns’ pain. They drive them forward with cruel whips to seek out more victims for their master.
...and this:
Mike Mearls on Twitter wrote:Here’s a nice piece of art for the wrack spawn
...and this:
Mike Mearls on Twitter wrote:And here’s the lash fiend
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSgzIQwV4AAxmyb.jpg
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Mike Mearls' Nentir Vale monsters

Post by Tim Baker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:37 pm

I've used these in my Nentir Vale campaign. Great body horror opportunity, if your group is up for it.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:58 pm

Tim Baker wrote:I've used these in my Nentir Vale campaign. Great body horror opportunity, if your group is up for it.
Ah, so they are pre-existing 4e monsters. I had not heard of them.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:43 pm

They debuted in 4e's Underdark sourcebook as minions of Torog.

I hope they release this stuff, like a plane shift article or an UA article, really.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:40 am

Zeromaru X wrote:I hope they release this stuff, like a plane shift article or an UA article, really.
That would be a great start. I'd love a full Nentir Vale adventure, published in hardcover, opening the DM's Guild up for fan content. Giving this the full "Tomb of Annihilation treatment," they would concurrently offer a dozen of Guild Adept products on the release date of the adventure to supplement all the Nentir Vale goodness.

Hey, a guy can hope, right?

Return to “Nentir Vale”