[Modern AGE] Threefold Setting

Rules-focused discussion of pen & paper RPGs. Threads in this board must be tagged by rules set.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

[Modern AGE] Threefold Setting

Post by shesheyan » Tue May 21, 2019 7:50 pm

Looking for an interdimensional travel setting? Available Q3 2019.

“Big” expresses itself in the setting’s worlds—plural. Threefold is a setting of interdimensional travel through alternate Earths, fantasy lands, flame-tossed underworlds, and places that defy easy categories. Connected by gates, the countless planes are more than a mix of possibilities. Transplanar empires commanded by demigods, liberated members of the armies of the damned, and idealistic mystics struggle with each other, while enhanced operatives on Earth “hold the fort,” manipulate alternate histories, and deal with bizarre problems in their own backyards.

https://greenronin.com/blog/2019/05/20/ ... nd-beyond/

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Re: [Modern AGE] Threefold Setting

Post by timemrick » Wed May 22, 2019 1:13 pm

With a quick-start available on Free RPG Day in June. Sadly, my FLGS doesn't participate.

I may have to pick up Modern AGE eventually, to see if it's a good fit for a couple campaign ideas I have. But I lack the time to fit Fantasy AGE or Blue Rose (which I already own) in my schedule as it is.
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Sat May 25, 2019 11:59 pm

timemrick wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:13 pm
With a quick-start available on Free RPG Day in June. Sadly, my FLGS doesn't participate.

I may have to pick up Modern AGE eventually, to see if it's a good fit for a couple campaign ideas I have. But I lack the time to fit Fantasy AGE or Blue Rose (which I already own) in my schedule as it is.
I suppose the QS will be available for free on RPG drivethru after Free rpg day.

I'm currently running two games. A D&D5e with 4-5 players and a Modern AGE with only 2 players. The Modern game is easier to set up and we accomplish much more in 4 hours than with a larger group.

Kythkyn
Resident Catgirl

Post by Kythkyn » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:36 pm

My Husbutch is planning on running the quick start from Free RPG day soon. I'm looking forward to it. It's not the exact kind of setting I was I guess hoping for, but she always does a good job running premades and I want to actually play some Modern AGE instead of just running it all the time
Gaming Blog | Twitter | Discord
MAYBE YOU RUIN CHOCOLATE!

Kythkyn
Resident Catgirl

Post by Kythkyn » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:56 pm

The preorder is up, and you can get the PDF right away. I've been reading through it all afternoon

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:49 am

Kythkyn wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:56 pm
The preorder is up, and you can get the PDF right away. I've been reading through it all afternoon
Tell us more when you are done. My gaming budget for 2019 is spent. I regret buying The Expense AGE. I should have waited for this one instead. I'll probably get it as a Christmas gift.

Kythkyn
Resident Catgirl

Post by Kythkyn » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:37 pm

So far, it reminds me of kind of a cross between the TV show Sliders and the lore from Mortal Kombat. Which seems to work well for it. There are some new ancestry things, they kind of spin traditional elves and dwarves etc in different ways, which is cool. The setting has magic, psionics and cybernetics, and the kind of meta-story thing seems neat enough. There is a built in assumption about what your characters are going to do (which they tell you is by no way the only way to play), but it seems like a good way to get started. I am excited for the physical book, because it's always easier for me to read them that way, but they really expanded on some of the ideas from the Companion, so that's also neat

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:28 pm

Kythkyn wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:37 pm
So far, it reminds me of kind of a cross between the TV show Sliders and the lore from Mortal Kombat. Which seems to work well for it. There are some new ancestry things, they kind of spin traditional elves and dwarves etc in different ways, which is cool. The setting has magic, psionics and cybernetics, and the kind of meta-story thing seems neat enough. There is a built in assumption about what your characters are going to do (which they tell you is by no way the only way to play), but it seems like a good way to get started. I am excited for the physical book, because it's always easier for me to read them that way, but they really expanded on some of the ideas from the Companion, so that's also neat
Sounds cool. I'm tempted to sell old miniatures gathering dust to buy this book. ;)

Return to “The Crunchy Bits”