[Lightmaster] It's Finished!

Rules-focused discussion of pen & paper RPGs. Threads in this board must be tagged by rules set.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Blacky the Blackball
White Dragon

[Lightmaster] It's Finished!

Post by Blacky the Blackball » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:37 pm

Lightmaster is now finished (at last!) and is available on DriveThruRPG along with my other games.

Core Rulebook

Book of Tables

At the moment, just the PDF version is available. As with all my stuff it's free (well, technically it's "Pay What You Want" - but that means that you don't have to pay if you don't want to).

The files for the hardcopy books are currently at the printers, so I won't be able to make the hardcopy version available until they've approved them for printing and I've ordered a proof copy for myself.
Check out Gurbintroll Games for my free RPGs (including Dark Dungeons and FASERIP)!

(I'm a moderator for "The Orc's Revenge" and its sub-forums. If I need to post anything officially as a mod, rather than just as a user, I'll post it in green.)

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Re: [Lightmaster] It's Finished!

Post by Sturm » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:49 am

Nice, great, impressive and all other possible praises to the author!
Editor of Threshold, the Mystara Magazine: http://pandius.com/thrs_mag.html

Blacky the Blackball
White Dragon

Post by Blacky the Blackball » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:35 pm

Thanks!

I got a notification that the printer has accepted the files, so I've ordered my proof copy of each book.

Now there's nothing I can do except wait the estimated 1-5 days for printing + 3-8 days for delivery and hope the proof copies look good...
Check out Gurbintroll Games for my free RPGs (including Dark Dungeons and FASERIP)!

(I'm a moderator for "The Orc's Revenge" and its sub-forums. If I need to post anything officially as a mod, rather than just as a user, I'll post it in green.)

Blacky the Blackball
White Dragon

Post by Blacky the Blackball » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:00 pm

Yay! My books have arrived.

It turns out that when they say "1-5 days for printing + 3-8 days for delivery", they actually mean "4 days for printing + 1 day for delivery"...

But yes - they're here and they're gorgeous. My concerns about the colour scheme (I changed it again at the last minute from Orange/Blue to Blue/Red) turned out to be unfounded. It printed fine and the tables are totally readable - even the critical strike tables that are in smaller print than the rest of the book to fit them on a single page each. The only slight issue (and it's by no means serious enough to warrant changing things and re-submitting new files) is that the red text on the examples is a touch pale. It's still easily readable, though, and red text is very hard to get right anyway - it requires a careful balance between being bright enough to stand out, being dark enough to be readable, and being light enough to not be overwhelming. I think I've got it about right. It's slightly too pale in the print, but slightly too bright in the PDF; so it's probably well balanced as a compromise between the two. As I say, the paleness of the red on the printed page is noticeable to me (but then I'm actively looking for it and I'm my own worst critic) but is nothing serious and certainly not worth a re-do.

Now I know that the printed books are fine, I'll make the printed version public on DriveThruRPG.

Return to “The Crunchy Bits”