[Star Wars] Boba Fett Movie coming in 2020

The totally-official, off-topic, liable-for-purging board.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

[Star Wars] Boba Fett Movie coming in 2020

Post by Havard » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:31 pm

Epicstream wrote:Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Director: Gareth Edwards
Written by: Gary Whitta and Chris Weitz
Starring: Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, and Alan Tudyk
Logline: Following the foundation of the Galactic Empire, a wayward band of Rebel fighters comes together to carry out a desperate mission: to steal the plans for the Death Star before it can be used to enforce the Emperor’s rule.
Release: Dec. 16, 2016

Star Wars: Episode VIII

Written and directed by Rian Johnson
Starring: Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac (reportedly)
Release: May 26, 2017
Logline: Unknown

Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo (working title)

Directors: Phil Lord and Christopher Miller
Written by: Lawrence and Jon Kasdan
Starring: Not yet announced
Logline: How young Han Solo became the smuggler, thief, and scoundrel whom Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi first encountered in the cantina at Mos Eisley.
Release: May 25th, 2018

Star Wars: Episode IX

Director: Colin Trevorrow
Writer: Rian Johnson
Release: 2019

Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett

Director: Not yet announced
Writer: Not yet announced
Release: 2020 (reportedly)
More on the Boba Fett movie here: http://epicstream.com/news/Current-Star ... ng-in-2020

I am a little unsure about this one. They really need to avoid something like the adult.swim parody. I don't want to learn more about how Boba Fett grew from that annoying kid in Clones and developed into the character we love. I don't want to see him without his helmet and I dont want him to talk too much. On the other hand, his storyline from Shadows of the Empire was really cool.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

enderxenocide0
Stone Giant

Re: [Star Wars] Boba Fett Movie coming in 2020

Post by enderxenocide0 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:42 pm

They could, perhaps, reuse some storyline ideas from 1313 since it will probably never see the light of day.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:10 pm

Havard wrote:I am a little unsure about this one. They really need to avoid something like the adult.swim parody. I don't want to learn more about how Boba Fett grew from that annoying kid in Clones and developed into the character we love. I don't want to see him without his helmet and I dont want him to talk too much. On the other hand, his storyline from Shadows of the Empire was really cool.
I don't know...his Robot Chicken version had WAY more personality than the movie version (where he was effectively an over-glorified coatrack ;) ). :mrgreen:

That said, they will have to do something with the guy. He's basically a blank slate from the movies; he didn't really *do* very much in Empire or Jedi. I imagine he'll probably pick up at least one partner, possibly two or three, for the duration of the movie. He'll have to have some other characters to work off of; a movie of him silently chasing bounties will be pretty boring. There will have to be inter-character dynamics at play to keep the movie interesting.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:20 pm

night_druid wrote:
Havard wrote:I am a little unsure about this one. They really need to avoid something like the adult.swim parody. I don't want to learn more about how Boba Fett grew from that annoying kid in Clones and developed into the character we love. I don't want to see him without his helmet and I dont want him to talk too much. On the other hand, his storyline from Shadows of the Empire was really cool.
I don't know...his Robot Chicken version had WAY more personality than the movie version (where he was effectively an over-glorified coatrack ;) ). :mrgreen:
Don't get me wrong, I thought that was really funny. But if you attempt to make a serious movie and end up with a parody that is not a good thing. Besides, the parody has already been done, so I hope for something different.
That said, they will have to do something with the guy. He's basically a blank slate from the movies; he didn't really *do* very much in Empire or Jedi. I imagine he'll probably pick up at least one partner, possibly two or three, for the duration of the movie. He'll have to have some other characters to work off of; a movie of him silently chasing bounties will be pretty boring. There will have to be inter-character dynamics at play to keep the movie interesting.
I think one way they could go is to make the movie about the other characters instead. Boba should be in there and the decisions he makes should be important, but they should still keep him mysterious, his motives for the most part unknown and his dialogue very limited. Think about a Sergio Leone western and how the protagonists there remain for the most part a mystery even at the end of the movie. If they can pull off something like this, I think we could get a interesting movie without ruining the character by explaining stuff we don't want to know anyway.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:13 pm

Havard wrote:
Epicstream wrote:Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Director: Gareth Edwards
Written by: Gary Whitta and Chris Weitz
Starring: Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, and Alan Tudyk
Logline: Following the foundation of the Galactic Empire, a wayward band of Rebel fighters comes together to carry out a desperate mission: to steal the plans for the Death Star before it can be used to enforce the Emperor’s rule.
Release: Dec. 16, 2016
This sounds like it would be a direct prequel to the Tantive IV sequence at the start of Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope.

I anticipate Rogue One being a spaceship due to meet with the Tantive IV and the crew getting their spaceship crippled and sending Princess Leia a coded message that completes just before their ship gets blown up, by Darth Vader's star destroyer.

If it is anything other than that, I'll be very surprised! :P
Havard wrote:
Epicstream wrote:Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo (working title)

Directors: Phil Lord and Christopher Miller
Written by: Lawrence and Jon Kasdan
Logline: How young Han Solo became the smuggler, thief, and scoundrel whom Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi first encountered in the cantina at Mos Eisley.
Release: May 25th, 2018
I would have expected them to try to spin this out into a trilogy, as that is what was done with two novel trilogies.

I wonder if they will reuse the idea of him rescuing Chewbacca from some sort of slave labour facility.
Havard wrote:
Epicstream wrote:Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett

Director: Not yet announced
Writer: Not yet announced
Release: 2020 (reportedly)
More on the Boba Fett movie here: http://epicstream.com/news/Current-Star ... ng-in-2020
Epicstream just copied and pasted that story from Entertainment Weekly. It is probably better to refer back to EW for any updates on this.
This is the biggest chunk of fan service, I've heard of in my life! :lol:

But, seriously, the only way a movie about Boba Fett is going to work is if he is hired to track down and capture/kill some really interesting characters.

What with Boba Fett working for money, rather than for good or evil, I suppose it is possible that a "good" group could hire Boba Fett to deal with some evil group that is up to no good.

Alternatively, this could be a sneaky way to have Boba Fett trying to hunt down Han Solo between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. But we would all know that Fett couldn't actually capture Solo, if they did that.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Could be a remake of the Star Wars Holiday Special, with live-action Bobba Fett scenes. ;)
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:47 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Havard wrote:Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
This sounds like it would be a direct prequel to the Tantive IV sequence at the start of Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope.

I anticipate Rogue One being a spaceship due to meet with the Tantive IV and the crew getting their spaceship crippled and sending Princess Leia a coded message that completes just before their ship gets blown up, by Darth Vader's star destroyer.

If it is anything other than that, I'll be very surprised! :P
I think you are not too far off. From what I have heard, this is going to be a "war movie" and probably quite dark. I suspect some characters could surivive though and make it into the other Anthology movies.

Rumour also has it Vader will make an appearance in this one. Would make sense. I'm guessing we will also see the two droids along with Captain Antilles?

Will we also get to see some of the background of Max von Sydow's character, Lor San Tekka? He seemed like a bit of a waste in Ep VII unless he was a setup for something else.

What other Ep VII would have been around at this time?
Havard wrote:Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo (working title)
I would have expected them to try to spin this out into a trilogy, as that is what was done with two novel trilogies.

I wonder if they will reuse the idea of him rescuing Chewbacca from some sort of slave labour facility.
I think they might treat the Anthology series as a kind of trilogy. So characters from one movie could also appear in the next etc. I would love for them to have the rescue of Chewbacca and the first meeting between Han and Chewie in there. On the other hand, I am also wary of the whole "explain everything" problem that we saw with the prequels.
Havard wrote:Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett

This is the biggest chunk of fan service, I've heard of in my life! :lol:
Adult Swim Star Wars was awesome, but probably not what anyone would want to see in a "canon" Star Wars movie. :)
But, seriously, the only way a movie about Boba Fett is going to work is if he is hired to track down and capture/kill some really interesting characters.

What with Boba Fett working for money, rather than for good or evil, I suppose it is possible that a "good" group could hire Boba Fett to deal with some evil group that is up to no good.

Alternatively, this could be a sneaky way to have Boba Fett trying to hunt down Han Solo between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. But we would all know that Fett couldn't actually capture Solo, if they did that.
Interesting speculation! I like most of these theories. I have heard some people suggest that Vader and Boba Fett have worked together several times before Vader hires him to get Skywalker. So it could involve both of them working together somehow.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Return to “The Tabard Inn”