Farming on Dantooine

'A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." Discuss the Star Wars campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
enderxenocide0
Stone Giant

Farming on Dantooine

Post by enderxenocide0 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:59 pm

So uh... this is a strange question, but does anyone know where I might find some good information about farming practices and equipment on Dantooine, or in the Star Wars universe in general? My players have a base of operations on Dantooine right now, shortly after Order 66, and are planning to make it their permanent base. I'd love to come up with a handful of mini-adventures that revolve around the local populace to give them a feel for the world and the people. As such, I felt it was important to learn about farming in the Star Wars universe. I also maybe casually mentioned there was a museum of farming equipment and know that someone is going to call my bluff and go there. I've already scoured Wookiepedia for what information I could find there and am hoping there are transcripts of KotoR floating around, since I don't want to have to dig the game itself out. But if there are any other sources you might know of, or any ideas for adventures you can come up with regardless, I'd love to hear them!

agathokles
Red Dragon

Re: Farming on Dantooine

Post by agathokles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Dantooine is the site of the Jedi Academy in KotOR. The games, or the comics, etc. might be a starting point.

GP

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:12 pm

One of the original Marvel Star Wars comics from the early 80s included a story where the rebels (Leia?) had to go to Dantooine to blow up the abandoned rebel base there to prevent the Empire to discover some left behind information (or something). I can dig around and see if I find my Once Upon a Time Omnibus where I think this issue was included and see if there was much detail on the planet. I think most of the story took place on the base itself though.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

enderxenocide0
Stone Giant

Post by enderxenocide0 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:21 pm

Yeah, KotoR and its successors have a decent amount of atmosphere and adventure ideas I intend to draw from. The timeframe we're in puts us well after the Jedi Academy and before the Rebel Base. That said, I've established that the Jedi used the old academy as a satellite enclave until Order 66. I also fully intend to have the party help start the Rebel Alliance and probably build the base on the planet. The party consists of a Jedi padawan who lost her master, a smuggler looking to head an organization, a tech-savvy spy running from the Empire, and a clone "traitor" that's infliltrating their group (but will, of course, come to side with them for real).

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Return to “Star Wars”