[TFA] [SPOILERS] Organizations

'A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." Discuss the Star Wars campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

[TFA] [SPOILERS] Organizations

Post by Havard » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Looking at things to use as background for a campaign set in the Episode VII era, one thing to look at are the different power groups and organizations. Here we find the following:

The Resistance
Run by General Leia Organa, this private military organization is loosely connected to the New Republic (The Republic) and fights the First Order. It is based on the ideas of the old Rebel Alliance and uses many ships and uniforms similar to that organization.

The New Republic
Based in the Hosnian System, The New Republic (now referred to as the Republic) has been reduced to a fairly inefficient political body, unfit to defend itself against the First Order, yet seemlingly unwilling to fully support the Resistance.

The First Order
Organized by the mysterious Supreme Leader Snoke, this organization appears to be based on surviving branches of the Galactic Empire and uses Storm Troopers, ships and vehicles similar to that used by the Empire decades ago.

Pirates and Smugglers
Pirates and Smugglers have always been part of the Galaxy. That is also true in this era. Maz Kanata is referred to as a Pirate. Does anyone remember the names of the two groups Han gets into trouble with?

King Prana
This is the ruler who hired Han Solo to get him Rathtars. Is he a part of the New Republic, or is his kingdom a separate political body? Does the Republic endorse royalty and nobles? Leia is no longer recognized as a princess, but there could be many reasons for that. He is a rival of the regent of the Mol'leaj system

the Guavian Death Gang

A criminal organization.

Kanjiklub
A criminal organization.

The above only reflects my understanding of the movie, plus a few details from Wookiepedia. Did I miss anything?

Edit: Spoiler warnings removed. the Guavian Death Gang and Kanjiklub added.

-Havard
Last edited by Havard on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Nate Christen
Troll

Re: [TFA] [SPOILERS] Organizations

Post by Nate Christen » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:27 pm

Those two groups are the Guavian Death Gang and the Kanjiklub. I'm reading the Visual Dictionary for The Force Awakens right now, so hopefully I'll have more information about them in the near future.

-Nate
Author of d20pirates.blogspot.com and talesfromtheedgeoftheempire.blogspot.com

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Nate Christen wrote:Those two groups are the Guavian Death Gang and the Kanjiklub. I'm reading the Visual Dictionary for The Force Awakens right now, so hopefully I'll have more information about them in the near future.

-Nate
Brilliant! Thanks Nate. I recalled the last one had a name ending with club or something. ;)

Visual dictionary? Hmmm...sounds like something I will need to pick up.. :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:38 pm

Havard wrote:
Nate Christen wrote:Those two groups are the Guavian Death Gang and the Kanjiklub. I'm reading the Visual Dictionary for The Force Awakens right now, so hopefully I'll have more information about them in the near future.

-Nate
Brilliant! Thanks Nate. I recalled the last one had a name ending with club or something. ;)

Visual dictionary? Hmmm...sounds like something I will need to pick up.. :)
Had a look at the Stwar Wars visual guide the other day. It looks neat! I will order a copy for myself one of these days I think. Did you get around to finding more info on these groups?

I added them to the Original Post. :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Return to “Star Wars”