Is a D&D/Star Wars crossover game possible?

'A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." Discuss the Star Wars campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
Krimson
The Melnibonéan

Re: Is a D&D/Star Wars crossover game possible?

Post by Krimson » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:27 am

Otto Harkaman wrote:The TSR Buck Rogers XXVC game does a good job putting D&D into a Space Opera setting.
I love that game. I used it quite a bit in the 90s, and yes it crossed over into D&D (mostly Planescape) hard. Actually, the best part of that game was combining ship combat with Battlesystem and having big fleet battles.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:16 pm

Krimson wrote:
Otto Harkaman wrote:The TSR Buck Rogers XXVC game does a good job putting D&D into a Space Opera setting.
I love that game. I used it quite a bit in the 90s, and yes it crossed over into D&D (mostly Planescape) hard. Actually, the best part of that game was combining ship combat with Battlesystem and having big fleet battles.
Do you think that Buck Rogers mixes with D&D better than Star Wars does?

When I see a topic about mixing Star Wars with D&D (or Buck Rogers with D&D) I mostly wonder how the science fiction game can be rebooted as an alternative Spelljammer setting. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Krimson
The Melnibonéan

Post by Krimson » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:28 pm

XXVc probably works better at least for 1e/2e because it was based on 2e mechanics. There was also the advantage that XXVc was a game before the novels came out. I'm still working on my convoluted Convergence setting though I suspect that when looking for players that I'll have to search somewhere where such a crossover isn't considered impossible.

Otto Harkaman
Orc

Post by Otto Harkaman » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:42 am

I can imagine a D&D/Buck Rogers XXVc campaign modeled on the Isaac Asimov Lucky Starr novels.

draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Return to “Star Wars”