[Lankhmar] N is for Nehwon

Newhon's City of Sevenscore Thousand Smokes, based on the Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser stories by Fritz Leiber.
The Book-House: Find Lankhmar products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Lankhmar] N is for Nehwon

Post by Big Mac » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Jeff Grubb is doing the Blogging from A-Z Challenge and has chosen to write "N is for Nehwon" for his fourteenth day (Sundays don't count as days for the A-Z challenge).

He says that Lankhmar comes from the American Fantasy Tradition, and explains how that makes it a darker fantasy than most European fantasy worlds.

He also gives a brief overview of how the fantasy world works. (I didn't realise it had a "Death Pole" and a "Life Pole".) Jeff also said that Nehwon might be a hollow world. That is pretty interesting*. I don't think I've seen that suggested before.

* = Although it might make it a bit hard to Spelljammerise Nehwon. :twisted:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Jorkens
Stone Giant

Re: [Lankhmar] N is for Nehwon

Post by Jorkens » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Yea; I never noticed the part about the stars either.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:37 am

Jorkens wrote:Yea; I never noticed the part about the stars either.
Has anyone got the books? I'd love to see a quote about the stars. Maybe we can see if it is possible to infer if this was a hollow world or if the stars were floating on something else (like an invisible sphere around a spherical world).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Jorkens
Stone Giant

Post by Jorkens » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:14 am

I have them, but its two thick volumes of short stories, so unless I know which story it is from I don't have the time to search out the quote. Sorry.

Return to “Lankhmar”