[Taladas] Angry Gnomes/Sinister Walking Sharks (Dragon #315)

Visit Krynn's mysterious second continent and other lands that lie beyond the shores of Ansalon.
The Book-House: Find Taladas products.

Moderators: maddog, Dragonhelm

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Taladas] Angry Gnomes/Sinister Walking Sharks (Dragon #315)

Post by Big Mac » Tue May 08, 2012 1:31 am

Dragon Magazine issue 315 had an article on Taladas called Angry Dead Gnomes and Sinister Walking Sharks by James Jacobs.

I remember a bunch of gnomes that left their families, said that they were dead and painted skulls on their face. But what on Earth what on Krynn is a Walking Shark?

How does this article compare to the style of 3e conversion that MWP was putting out? Would this work alongside things like the Yaggol from Bestiary of Krynn or is it written differently?

Is there anything new/innovative in the article that would be useful for 2e/1e players or is it just a conversion of existing stuff?

Did James Jacobs make any other Dragonlance material (either for Paizo, MWP/SP or TSR)?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

rabindranath72
White Dragon

Re: [Taladas] Angry Gnomes/Sinister Walking Sharks

Post by rabindranath72 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:03 pm

It describes the shark cult which was first defined in the Taladas boxed set, a 2e product. So nothing new, really, and nothing to back-port. The format looks similar to other 3e stuff, and I believe it's 3.5 format.

The gnomes describe the Company of the Dead, which is a sort of gnomish "shock troops." It's a quite effective concept which clashes with the usually humorous way in which Krynnish gnomes are portrayed.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Taladas] Angry Gnomes/Sinister Walking Sharks

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:56 am

rabindranath72 wrote:It describes the shark cult which was first defined in the Taladas boxed set, a 2e product. So nothing new, really, and nothing to back-port. The format looks similar to other 3e stuff, and I believe it's 3.5 format.
I don't remember the shark cult. I'll have to go find that in the boxed set.
rabindranath72 wrote:The gnomes describe the Company of the Dead, which is a sort of gnomish "shock troops." It's a quite effective concept which clashes with the usually humorous way in which Krynnish gnomes are portrayed.
That is the one I remembered (although I could not place the name). Those guys are cool. I'd love to see a few Krynnspace gnomes that were a bit more like that.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

dulsi
Storm Giant

Re: [Taladas] Angry Gnomes/Sinister Walking Sharks (Dragon #

Post by dulsi » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:14 am

Company of the Dead served as inspiration for my Kulan pbp character Gralf. I don't know that Knightfall would allow the prestige class nor if we will get to a high enough level to take it. I should really read up more on the Taladas material.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage

Return to “Taladas and Otherlands”