Parsantium: City at the Crossroads

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
RichGreen
Ogre

Re: Parsantium: City at the Crossroads

Post by RichGreen »

Hi,

I've posted a write up for the Maharani of Sampur which reveals a little bit more new information about those kingdoms.

Cheers

Rich
Last edited by RichGreen on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi,

I've posted a write up for the Gnoll Khan of the Great Grass Sea.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

I've posted the ninth icon write up to the Parsantium blog: the Platinum Knights, a chivalric order of knights and paladins.

Cheers

Rich

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

I'm really enjoying all the Icons (it is like a collection of Web Enhancements) but this one is something different:
RichGreen wrote:I've posted the ninth icon write up to the Parsantium blog: the Platinum Knights, a chivalric order of knights and paladins.
You have here an organisation, rather than an individual. I can see players wanting to have Platinum Knight PCs.

But, then again, I suppose that people could play the minions of the various factions that the other icon characters run.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Big Mac wrote:I'm really enjoying all the Icons (it is like a collection of Web Enhancements) but this one is something different:
RichGreen wrote:I've posted the ninth icon write up to the Parsantium blog: the Platinum Knights, a chivalric order of knights and paladins.
You have here an organisation, rather than an individual. I can see players wanting to have Platinum Knight PCs.

But, then again, I suppose that people could play the minions of the various factions that the other icon characters run.
Glad you're enjoying them! The icon rules from 13th Age are easily ported over to other versions of D&D too which is cool.

Yes, there will definitely be Platinum Knight PCs but you would treat them as servants of the organisation (the icon).

Cheers

Richard

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

How to Race a Chariot, a guest post by Paul Baalham is new on the blog today.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi,

Parsantium: City at the Crossroads is part of the awesome Christmas in July sale on DriveThruRPG.com, so the PDF is available at 25% off until 28th July!

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

I've just posted a write up of the Water Lords of Loranto.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

And here's the Mummy Queen Merytnofru.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know Parsantium has had another great review, this time on the Thoughts of a Part-Time Hobbyist blog. Lester Gash writes: "I can't recommend Parsantium enough if you want a rich, detailed setting for your fantasy roleplay that's different from the usual fare. No matter what kind of game your players like, Parsantium can fit it in."

You can read the full review here.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

I've just posted the Emperor of the Jade Throne to the blog.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

The 13th icon, the Lady of the Summer Kingdom, is now on the blog. Two more still to come.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

Here's the 14th and penultimate icon for Parsantium, the Caliph.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

And it's a wrap! Just posted the fifteenth and final icon, the Rajah.

Hope you're enjoyed reading them ;)

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi,

If you haven't bought Parsantium yet, it's on sale at 20% off print & pdf at drivethrurpg.com and Paizo until 30th September.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

I’ve been a bit quiet on here recently – my day job has been pretty busy – so it’s definitely time for an update on what’s going on with Parsantium.

Firstly, although it’s not that scary, Parsantium: City at the Crossroads is included in the Halloween sale at drivethrurpg.com so you can purchase the PDF at 33% off through to 31st October!

I’ve also been doing a fair bit of thinking about how to follow up the book in the last few weeks and have a couple of projects in mind. The first is Icons of Parsantium, a PDF compilation of the fifteen 13th Age icons I wrote for the Parsantium blog – thanks to everyone who voted in the poll or gave me feedback. This will be a professionally edited and laid out PDF at a low price, probably around $2. I’m hoping this won’t take too long to do but Kate will need to fit this in around her other commitments.

The second project is much bigger and will take some time to write and pull together so we’re looking at publishing some time in 2015. Tentatively entitled Tales of Parsantium, this will be a collection of three or four low to mid-level adventures set in and around the City at the Crossroads. Ideally – and this depends on WotC producing a third party license for D&D – the adventures would include stats for Dungeons & Dragons 5e as well as Pathfinder and 13th Age.

At the moment I am writing (and DMing) the final epic adventure in my long-running 4e Parsantium campaign featuring the infamous Juma Gang and their attempts to prevent the return of the Rajah Vrishabha, and this has been taking up a fair bit of my free time. I’m also going to be running Blood on the Sands, a D&D 5e adventure set at the Hippodrome, at Dragonmeet 2014 so there’s work to do on this too (made all the more challenging by the absence of a DMG!). Once both of these projects are done I’ll be able to devote more time to working on the new adventures for Tales. I’ll keep you all updated on how it’s going in this thread.

Finally, I’d love to hear about how you are using Parsantium in your games. And please do let me know if you have any questions or comments too ;)

Cheers

Rich

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Post by Princess Strega »

I am going to be purchasing Parsantium sometime soon. However, I would much rather hold off on purchasing if there there is a chance to buy a hardcover PoD, so what are the odds of such happening?

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

The Angelic Dragon wrote:I am going to be purchasing Parsantium sometime soon. However, I would much rather hold off on purchasing if there there is a chance to buy a hardcover PoD, so what are the odds of such happening?
Hi there,

I'm afraid there are no plans to produce a PoD hardcover edition.

Cheers

Rich

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

RichGreen wrote:I’ve been a bit quiet on here recently – my day job has been pretty busy – so it’s definitely time for an update on what’s going on with Parsantium.
You are not the only one. I've been monstrously busy in my day job. After being all excited about getting to actually buy your Parsantium book, I've not had much time to look through it (or catch up with your blog*). :(

* = I just saw two cool looking maps on your blog. One of Feyshore Forest and one of the area around Parsantium. They were "game content" - rather than "press releases" so I've started threads for each map in the Other Worlds forum. :)
RichGreen wrote:I’ve also been doing a fair bit of thinking about how to follow up the book in the last few weeks and have a couple of projects in mind. The first is Icons of Parsantium, a PDF compilation of the fifteen 13th Age icons I wrote for the Parsantium blog – thanks to everyone who voted in the poll or gave me feedback. This will be a professionally edited and laid out PDF at a low price, probably around $2. I’m hoping this won’t take too long to do but Kate will need to fit this in around her other commitments.
Those icons were pretty awesome. You only actually have three pages in the "Outside the City" section of your original book, so it was really great to see icons that explained a bit more about the context that the City at the Crossroads exists in. I think you could probably even build on what you did with your icons and add a bunch of other stuff about what is going on outside Parsantium to make it into some sort of guide to the regions around Parsantium. :)
RichGreen wrote:The second project is much bigger and will take some time to write and pull together so we’re looking at publishing some time in 2015. Tentatively entitled Tales of Parsantium, this will be a collection of three or four low to mid-level adventures set in and around the City at the Crossroads. Ideally – and this depends on WotC producing a third party license for D&D – the adventures would include stats for Dungeons & Dragons 5e as well as Pathfinder and 13th Age.
That sounds like it could be good. :D

Do you think you might be able to provide some sort of level of support for older D&D (like you did with Parsantium: City at the Crossroads?
RichGreen wrote:At the moment I am writing (and DMing) the final epic adventure in my long-running 4e Parsantium campaign featuring the infamous Juma Gang and their attempts to prevent the return of the Rajah Vrishabha, and this has been taking up a fair bit of my free time.
Do you think you would be able to convert any of your own Parsantium games into adventures that GMs could use? I know that you used to use Al-Qadim (and some other stuff). Do you still have a lot of that stuff embedded in your current Parsantium games?
RichGreen wrote:I’m also going to be running Blood on the Sands, a D&D 5e adventure set at the Hippodrome, at Dragonmeet 2014 so there’s work to do on this too (made all the more challenging by the absence of a DMG!). Once both of these projects are done I’ll be able to devote more time to working on the new adventures for Tales. I’ll keep you all updated on how it’s going in this thread.
Is that someone else's adventure or something you wrote yourself? (And if you wrote Blood on the Sands, do you think you might be able to turn it and any other adventures you run at Dragonmeet into some sort of "Living Parsantium" downloads that other GMs could use at events after Dragonmeet?)
RichGreen wrote:
The Angelic Dragon wrote:I am going to be purchasing Parsantium sometime soon. However, I would much rather hold off on purchasing if there there is a chance to buy a hardcover PoD, so what are the odds of such happening?
I'm afraid there are no plans to produce a PoD hardcover edition.
To be honest, TAD, if Rich was going to make a "enhanced" version of Parsantium, I would much rather see something that adds more game content (like an appendix with the icons or some mini-adventures) than a conversion of the book from paperback to hardback. :)
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi David,

Thanks for all the questions! :)
Big Mac wrote:I just saw two cool looking maps on your blog. One of Feyshore Forest and one of the area around Parsantium. They were "game content" - rather than "press releases" so I've started threads for each map in the Other Worlds forum. :)
Thanks! The Around Parsantium map has been there for a long time actually – I did plan for that map to be an inset in the city map in the book, but I put so many different locations on the city map, Jon Roberts needed to use the space for the legend! The Feyshore Forest one is new – I was testing out Jon's new hex mapping programme. I might have a go at redoing the Around Parsantium map using #hexallthethings too. You can find out more about it on his website.
Big Mac wrote: Those icons were pretty awesome. You only actually have three pages in the "Outside the City" section of your original book, so it was really great to see icons that explained a bit more about the context that the City at the Crossroads exists in. I think you could probably even build on what you did with your icons and add a bunch of other stuff about what is going on outside Parsantium to make it into some sort of guide to the regions around Parsantium. :)
Glad you liked the icons. I'd like to develop the world more in the future but that's a bigger project. In the meantime, the plan is just to collect the icons into a low-priced PDF and publish them separately.
Big Mac wrote: That sounds like it could be good. :D

Do you think you might be able to provide some sort of level of support for older D&D (like you did with Parsantium: City at the Crossroads?
Probably not to be honest, but I think it will be pretty easy for AD&D and OSR fans to convert the adventures from 5e.
Big Mac wrote: Do you think you would be able to convert any of your own Parsantium games into adventures that GMs could use? I know that you used to use Al-Qadim (and some other stuff). Do you still have a lot of that stuff embedded in your current Parsantium games?
The adventures that will be going into Tales of Parsantium will be based on adventures I've run in my own games – I wrote nearly all the material but I will need to make sure that anything I borrowed as a DM to save time from D&D modules and supplements is removed from the manuscript and replaced with original stuff.
Big Mac wrote: Is that someone else's adventure or something you wrote yourself? (And if you wrote Blood on the Sands, do you think you might be able to turn it and any other adventures you run at Dragonmeet into some sort of "Living Parsantium" downloads that other GMs could use at events after Dragonmeet?)
Yes I wrote this but for higher level PCs so I'm adapting it for lower level characters. The 5e Dragonmeet adventure is for 5th-6th level characters. If it works out well, I'll be including it in Tales too.

Cheers

Richard

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

RichGreen wrote:
Big Mac wrote:I just saw two cool looking maps on your blog. One of Feyshore Forest and one of the area around Parsantium. They were "game content" - rather than "press releases" so I've started threads for each map in the Other Worlds forum. :)
Thanks! The Around Parsantium map has been there for a long time actually – I did plan for that map to be an inset in the city map in the book, but I put so many different locations on the city map, Jon Roberts needed to use the space for the legend! The Feyshore Forest one is new – I was testing out Jon's new hex mapping programme. I might have a go at redoing the Around Parsantium map using #hexallthethings too. You can find out more about it on his website.
I saw that they were from a while back. I've been too busy to keep up. ;(

I already had a look on Jonathan Roberts' website and couldn't find much about his software. I actually started a thread about it: Anyone seen the Fantastic Maps hex mapping software? If you are an alpha tester, perhaps you can tell us a bit about the product. is "#hexallthethings" the name of it?
RichGreen wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Those icons were pretty awesome. You only actually have three pages in the "Outside the City" section of your original book, so it was really great to see icons that explained a bit more about the context that the City at the Crossroads exists in. I think you could probably even build on what you did with your icons and add a bunch of other stuff about what is going on outside Parsantium to make it into some sort of guide to the regions around Parsantium. :)
Glad you liked the icons. I'd like to develop the world more in the future but that's a bigger project. In the meantime, the plan is just to collect the icons into a low-priced PDF and publish them separately.
Sounds like a plan.
RichGreen wrote:
Big Mac wrote:That sounds like it could be good. :D

Probably not to be honest, but I think it will be pretty easy for AD&D and OSR fans to convert the adventures from 5e.
I guess you might also need to rewrite your original Parsantium book, to cover 5e, if you are going to support that ruleset. :?
RichGreen wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Do you think you would be able to convert any of your own Parsantium games into adventures that GMs could use? I know that you used to use Al-Qadim (and some other stuff). Do you still have a lot of that stuff embedded in your current Parsantium games?
The adventures that will be going into Tales of Parsantium will be based on adventures I've run in my own games – I wrote nearly all the material but I will need to make sure that anything I borrowed as a DM to save time from D&D modules and supplements is removed from the manuscript and replaced with original stuff.
That does sound good. :)
RichGreen wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Is that someone else's adventure or something you wrote yourself? (And if you wrote Blood on the Sands, do you think you might be able to turn it and any other adventures you run at Dragonmeet into some sort of "Living Parsantium" downloads that other GMs could use at events after Dragonmeet?)
Yes I wrote this but for higher level PCs so I'm adapting it for lower level characters. The 5e Dragonmeet adventure is for 5th-6th level characters. If it works out well, I'll be including it in Tales too.
People do need higher level adventures too. :)

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi David,

I don't think Jon's hex mapper has an official name yet but he's using #hexallthethings as a hashtag on Twitter etc. It's great fun and really easy to use – he's been doing a lot of posts on G+ about it.

I don't think I'll do a 5e version of Parsantium to be honest – it's as edition neutral as I could get it without dropping level, race & class references entirely. I might well convert the backgrounds in chapter 1 to 5e though....

Oh, and if anyone reading this wondering what the Parsantium book is like, I've added a free pdf preview to the website here.

Cheers

Rich

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

RichGreen wrote:Oh, and if anyone reading this wondering what the Parsantium book is like, I've added a free pdf preview to the website here.
That is great. Now I can show that to people. :D

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Big Mac wrote:
RichGreen wrote:Oh, and if anyone reading this wondering what the Parsantium book is like, I've added a free pdf preview to the website here.
That is great. Now I can show that to people. :D
Please do! As many as possible ;)

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi all,

I've posted a news update on the Parsantium blog.

Cheers

Rich

Return to “The Wishing Well”