[TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Pop-Tik »

mah9 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:49 am
"Hold there friend!", Haldon calls after the stranger. "Let me take a look at that leg of yours!"

He catches up to the woodsman, and casts Healing Word on his wound.
The hooded stranger turns around slowly....

So, your a cleric, great

Offering his wounded leg to the dwarf.
mah9 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:49 am
[1d4+3] = 2+3 = 5

Once he has finished casting the spell, Haldon turns to Cristoff and says "Now that any chance of questioning that goblin has run away with him, I think we should all go and see Sergeant Arthol and report what has happened."
Appreciated & well met, stranger..........that fiendish creature, if it wasn't for it's spark of ingenuity.... His voice trailed off as the female elf whispered in his ear.
Angel Tarragon wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:43 am

Auren sashays over to the Orc. Her long blonde-brown hair wisps lightly on the breeze revealing its length to be just a little past her waist. Her green eyes sparkle and when they catch the moonlight just right, there is almost a gleam that reveals how sullen she is. The wreath she wears on her head of brambles and leaves she fidgets with a little and her ears poke through her hair almost straight out to the sides.

She opens her mouth to speak to the Orc, getting as close as she can and almost seemingly innocuous and reserved, she whispers very lightly in his ear, What is your name?
Now that he was healed and being alert as ever he turned as she approached. To describe himself, he stood at a height of 5 foot 5 inches. Barely taller than the dwarf if he was of average height for one of they're race, but very well built. He pulled back his hood to reveal brown hair, hazel coloured eyes, ruddy skin and a face that was disfigured from many blade wounds. Just a mass of scar tissue where they have healed over. An all too human face that wasn't in the least bit Orcish.

The name is Wells, Shannon Wells. he chuckled as he said that.
Last edited by Pop-Tik on Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

mah9
Gnoll

Post by mah9 »

"I swear Cristoff let that Goblin go on purpose. And I doubt from his demeanor that he and the sergeant see eye to eye."

Turning to Auren and the new woodsman, "Once you two have finished introducing yourselves, we should go to the barracks at the north gate. Although I'd like a dwarven jeweller I know to take a look at that trinket on the way"

torkill13
Bugbear

Post by torkill13 »

Horvick returned his hand axe to his belt and picked his battle axe off the ground where he'd dropped it. As Cristoff and his watchmen headed off, the rugged man walked over to the group gathered around the stranger. "Appreciate the help, stranger. Wells, was it?" He extended an arm in greeting. "Horvick. Mind if I take a look at that trinket? We've been tracking down some missing locals. Young fair-haired girls, to be specific."

He adjusted his shield and made sure the guards were out of earshot before he continued. "I had a lenghty chat with that baker's apprentice. Seems that one of the girls from Petra's Home may also be missing. Jasna's her name. The boy bought one of these baubles for Fiala, but she already had one so he gave it to Jasna. Now both girls are missing. I came here to check on the merchant selling them and then all of this happened. I've got a feeling that goblin could have been a good lead, but we'll let Argol's goons figure that out on their own."

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

torkill13 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:30 pm
Horvick returned his hand axe to his belt and picked his battle axe off the ground where he'd dropped it. As Cristoff and his watchmen headed off, the rugged man walked over to the group gathered around the stranger. "Appreciate the help, stranger. Wells, was it?" He extended an arm in greeting. "Horvick. Mind if I take a look at that trinket? We've been tracking down some missing locals. Young fair-haired girls, to be specific."
Grasping Horvick's arm in return. "Hail and well met." Then holding out the trinket for the other to have a look at as he considered his own options. He wasn't visably used to this much attention & re-adjusted his hood over his head with a free hand after letting go of Horvick's.
torkill13 wrote:
He adjusted his shield and made sure the guards were out of earshot before he continued. "I had a lenghty chat with that baker's apprentice. Seems that one of the girls from Petra's Home may also be missing. Jasna's her name. The boy bought one of these baubles for Fiala, but she already had one so he gave it to Jasna. Now both girls are missing. I came here to check on the merchant selling them and then all of this happened. I've got a feeling that goblin could have been a good lead, but we'll let Argol's goons figure that out on their own."
"I wasn't sure what I'd do with it myself, I thinking of using this to track down that goblin, it's covered in it's spoor, but if you got a better use for it........
"

With his hood back over his head, it was hard to discern much of him.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Pop-Tik wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:58 pm
torkill13 wrote:
Grasping Horvick's arm in return. "Hail and well met." Then holding out the trinket for the other to have a look at as he considered his own options. He wasn't visably used to this much attention & re-adjusted his hood over his head with a free hand after letting go of Horvick's.
torkill13 wrote:
"I wasn't sure what I'd do with it myself, I thinking of using this to track down that goblin, it's covered in it's spoor, but if you got a better use for it........
"

With his hood back over his head, it was hard to discern much of him.
Shannon reaches into his pocket for the pendant, but finds it missing.....
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Shannon had to check his money pouch a few times to make sure the pendant was truly missing before he announced.....

The pendant is not on me, I no longer have it!

Then looking around at the people walking past & standing close by. Then he checked that nothing else had gone missing.

torkill13
Bugbear

Post by torkill13 »

Horvik let out a low growl of disappointment. "I guess we update the sergeant. Maybe he's got some leads on any goblin bands in the area." The large man looked at Wells, "Tracking skills might come in handy. You should join us."

mah9
Gnoll

Post by mah9 »

"Indeed, tracking skills are always useful. As for the missing pendant, did the goblin manage to take it as he made his escape? Or did Cristoff or one of his men do it on their way past?"

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

"I don't know, I had pocketed the pendant after the goblin got away on me & now it's gone" he was looking at the female elf now. Aside from the Dwarf Cleric, she was the only one that got close enough to him before he realised he lost it. Strangely, as a rule. Shannon, is a country fellow who never lets people invade his personal space, he's always alert to those things.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Post by Princess Strega »

Auren smiles, albeit sort of a silly smile. She then giggles.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

So, will it be to the dwarven jeweler, or to Sergeant Arthol at the north gate garrison? Or... elsewhere? Please, discuss amongst yourselves. This is a role playing game, after all :D
Rob
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

In a low voice......

I guess, we will be doing as.......Horvick suggested. Unless the pendant reappears back in my pouch or one of your pouches. I don't think I can track down the goblin without that trinket. Although, I have a funny feeling our paths may cross again anyway. As for the two missing girls, I knew Petra. She was from the logging camps where I reside. My reason for being here.

At that, he storms off in a huff in the direction he thought he should be going.

mah9
Gnoll

Post by mah9 »

"Shannon, wait. Without the trinket, there's no point going to see the jeweller, we should go and see Sergeant Arthol. If anyone would like to join me."

Haldon waits for the others to make a decision, but will go to the barracks by the north gate to see the Sergeant.

torkill13
Bugbear

Post by torkill13 »

Horvik nods in agreement with the dwarf. "To the garrison."

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Of course!

Shannon checked his direction, before stopping to fall in step behind the other two.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Post by Princess Strega »

Auren follows.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

The North Gate garrison -- like just about any building in Threshold -- is a neat, stone-and timber affair. Two stories, with an attached stable yard, were it not for the additional smithy, you might mistake the place for another Inn.

Arthol's office is just to the left off the building's main entry foyer. The dark-haired Traladaran sits behind a large oak desk, and he is scratching at a map of the town, circling here and there after consulting one of the many parchment pages over-filling a low wooden box on one corner of the desk.

Three simple wooden chairs on this side of his desk are piled with a few large, leather-bound books -- ledgers or log books would be your guess.

"Well, don't just stand there. Either clear space to sit or start talking."
Rob

torkill13
Bugbear

Post by torkill13 »

"Thanks to your men, we lost the best lead we had." Horvik blurted out as he moved toward the desk. "We split up to cover more ground. I talked to the boy at the bakery. He said he bought some trinket from a vendor in the market to Fiala. Turned out she already had one, so he gave it Jasna from Petra's Home. Now they're both MIA. Seems your suspect has a thing for fair-haired maidens."

"Anyway, I headed over to the vendor's stall...," the Northman looked down at the map and pointed to where he thought the vendor's cart was located. "... here. Surprisingly, my Elven companions were there investigating some strange noises inside the stall. Turned out to be a filthy goblin! It tried to run, but we caught it. It had one of those trinkets in its hand and kept yammering about getting it to his master. That's when your men showed up and told us to lower our weapons. Squirmy son of bitch took advantage of the distraction and fled."

He pointed to Wells, "This fella almost caught it, until it stabbed him in the boot and ran off. Cristoff and company are out trying to find it, but I doubt those fools could track anything more than their favorite mistress' schedule at the brothel."

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Shannon didn't sit down when he was offered a place to sit.

If I still had the pendant and a good hunting dog, I 'd be tracking that Goblin right now.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

At the mention of the goblin, Arthol looks up.

Goblin? Singlular?" He chews his lip. "They usually aren't seen in anything smaller than a gang, and only then around the Black Woods and the Black Peaks.... for one to show up alone.... in town...." He scratches some notes on the edge of the town map.

"Cristoff?" He makes a rather unpleasant sound in the back of his throat. "Not much I can do about him, except limit his patrol routes, and cycle men through his unit. He's a cousin-or-other of one of Kelven's fops." He sighs, leaning back and pinching his nose. "I suppose I'll have to shorten his leash for a while, again, and hope Halaran can use some of his priestly healing on the other baron's ego. Or my ass once their done chewing on it."

"Disappearing girls, disappearing goblins, a disappearing trinket vendor and his pendants..."

Arthol shifts his glance. "What of you, Dwarf? Elf? What did you find?"
Rob

mah9
Gnoll

Post by mah9 »

"Honestly, not much different. The local dwarves and gnomes pointed me toward the same stall. Although I was hoping that I could get a jeweller to look at that trinket. It might give us an idea where it came from. Also, Kagyar sent me a vision. A dark room lit by torches, a stone face trapped in a scream, and a muttered message 'Stone beneath stone'. I have a feeling that will make sense once we have found the answer anyway"

Haldon pauses for a second. "Where can we find out who rented that stall? That may give us something. Also, that goblin seemed to be invisible when I arrived. If that's the case, are we dealing with some form of mage?"

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

"'Stone beneath stone,' eh?" Arthol rubs at his chin. "That could be anywhere. Caves or the catacombs in the Black Peaks, the ruins to the north, or around the lake. Dangerous places, all of them. Had some trouble there some years back. Baron's girl got it in her head to do something about some ghouls that'd gotten loose. Wound up having to get herself Raised." He gives you all a pointed look.

"Rent?" Arthol barks a short laugh. "The baron doesn't charge, just taxes the day's business at a fair rate. No,stall space is first come, first served.

"The wards would have gone off had magic been cast in town." He points to another map, this one on the wall, with gem-studded pins stuck in it at regular intervals. "And believe me, you'd have heard him casting all the way across the square, if he had the brains for it. Chances are, your goblin had either a potion or mayhap a ring. And before you ask: no, neither of those are the sort of thing you can just get for coin in a shop or at the market."
Rob

mah9
Gnoll

Post by mah9 »

"Are there any tax records for the stalls then? A bit of a long shot though. But potions or a ring? Sounds like Hyazah's master is quite a powerful mage then."

"Have your investigations turned up anything?"

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

"Records?" Arthol shakes his head. "With as many as come and go, we haven't scribes nor parchment enough for it. It's just coins in a box.

"My own men?" He gestures to the map on his desk and the papers scattered over it. "About as many leads and questions as you've turned up, for each man on --"

The sergeant is interrupted by a leather-clad young man. He wears a short red riding cape denoting one of the ducal couriers. He gives the lot of you a short glance, then produces a folded bit of parchment from his letter pouch, which he hands to Arthol.

Cracking the seal with a thumbnail, Arthol's eyes dart back and forth across the page, brows sinking closer and closer with each line he reads. Then he nods to the courier, who ducks a quick bow and strides from the office.

Arthol heaves another sigh. "Ohnrus' delivery wagon was found abandoned at the north edge of the lake. Nothing taken, the ale perfectly fine, the toll purse beneath the bench untouched."

He looks up. "Ohnrus' daughter and a friend of hers were riding delivery."
Last edited by RobJN on Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Doubled post is doubled.
Rob

Return to “The Crystal Globe”