Relics of Power Act 2 question

"The storm has a name..." Discuss both TORG and TORG Eternity here.
Doomweber
Goblin

Relics of Power Act 2 question

Post by Doomweber »

So, be forewarned, I'm asking a slight spoiler about Act 2, Scene 1.

I haven't run it yet (next Friday), but harvesters look relatively tough to have 5 per storm knight. I realize that they don't damage flesh, but equipment/cyberware/occultech is free game. While this fight will not kill the knights, it certainly could disable/disarm the knights to the point that the knights might want to head back out to reequip before making another go of it or just make the players feel grumpy because now their knight is "useless". (We all know that they aren't useless just because they lost their favorite weapon, but I could see the justification when a knight loses a cybernetic arm.)

So I'm asking, has anyone else run this fight? How did it go? Do you have anything you would change/modify?

hawaiianbrian
Orc

Re: Relics of Power Act 2 question

Post by hawaiianbrian »

Since it's the first battle of the act, if the number seems too high cut it down to 3x or 2x per Storm Knight. They have other things to worry about at that moment, too. :)

thatdude
Orc

Post by thatdude »

I have a question from Act 1 which I will also black out.
If you are in my game, don't look!

In Act 1 Scene 3 Doctor Hachi Mara One says to Osato "You’re an incompetent fèiréen, Osato." Anyone have any idea what fèiréen means or better, how to pronounce it? Google was no help.

princeearwig
Hobgoblin

Post by princeearwig »

Well Google Translate detects it as French and has a translation... which I will not put here for spoiler reasons.

thatdude
Orc

Post by thatdude »

Thanks.

Stolz
Gnoll

Post by Stolz »

Being a French native speaker... I'm a bit puzzled. I really don't know what Google translate told you, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean anything in French ;-)

TorgHacker
Ogre

Post by TorgHacker »

As is usual, I don't recall exactly what I was looking at when I wrote that section. I know I was looking for an insult, and I thought I maybe grabbed it from the Firefly RPG Chinese glossary, but I don't see it in there.

fèirén is essentially Chinese for "good-for-nothing" but I don't know why I spelled it the way I did.
Torg Eternity Designer
Torg Eternity Community Manager
Ulisses Spiele

princeearwig
Hobgoblin

Post by princeearwig »

Google seemed to detect french and translated as Fairy.. which is a n extremely 20th century insult if it was intended as such!!
I suspect that Google was making a "best guess", teaches me not to trust the technology :D

pierreangem
Goblin

Post by pierreangem »

Hi,
I’m totally new here.
First Message, I need to start somewhere...
I used to play many time the original calice trilogy with new players, and this for many reasons .
As I’m just back with Eternity, I’m pretty interested by playing updated version of this campaign: do you know if there is already a project in that way ?
One more question, why I cannot see some part of the messages above ? How to remove this ?
Thx
Angus

Wotan
Hobgoblin

Post by Wotan »

pierreangem wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:57 pm
Hi,
I’m totally new here.
First Message, I need to start somewhere...
I used to play many time the original calice trilogy with new players, and this for many reasons .
As I’m just back with Eternity, I’m pretty interested by playing updated version of this campaign: do you know if there is already a project in that way ?
There is. It's a 7 Act adventure, Act's 1-2 went as kickstarter rewards for Nile Empire backers, Acts 1-5 went to those who backed Aysle, and the complete adventure is due to go out to Cyberpapacy backers sometime soon.
It'll be out on general release at some point but AFAIK no date's been given for that yet.
One more question, why I cannot see some part of the messages above ? How to remove this ?
Thx
Highlight the covered areas with your mouse :)
Nathan Smith
Glitchfinder General
"I don't mean to nitpick but..."

pierreangem
Goblin

Post by pierreangem »

Thank you !

But is there any link to find what available for this campaign to buy ? Even only pdf to buy, I’m so eager to have a look.

The original scenario ended with the introduction of the SG ... that was for me the best sourcebook ever ...

And now ?
Angus

TorgHacker
Ogre

Post by TorgHacker »

pierreangem wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:38 pm
Thank you !

But is there any link to find what available for this campaign to buy ? Even only pdf to buy, I’m so eager to have a look.

The original scenario ended with the introduction of the SG ... that was for me the best sourcebook ever ...

And now ?
There's nothing available to buy yet. However, it should be available at some point in the next few months (I'm not exactly sure what the timing is on selling PDFs on DriveThruRPG after backers get theirs).
Torg Eternity Designer
Torg Eternity Community Manager
Ulisses Spiele

pierreangem
Goblin

Post by pierreangem »

Thank you for sharing.
Angus

Return to “TORG”