Guide to immortals for players

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Havard, Gawain_VIII, Cthulhudrew, Seer of Yhog

Enrico
Kobold

Guide to immortals for players

Post by Enrico » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi all :) ,
My name is Enrico and I am new to this forum, although I have played D&D in Mystara for many many years.
I am now starting a new campaign with some players which have never played in Mystara, and I was wondering if there is a guide for players of the different immortals of Mystara. The one in the Wrath of Immortals says too much for players, I would need a ind of quick resume.
Do you know whether somebody has already created such a guide?
Thanks!

Robin
Storm Giant

Re: Guide to immortals for players

Post by Robin » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:08 pm

Enrico wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:30 pm
My name is Enrico and I am new to this forum, although I have played D&D in Mystara for many many years.
I am now starting a new campaign with some players which have never played in Mystara, and I was wondering if there is a guide for players of the different immortals of Mystara. The one in the Wrath of Immortals says too much for players, I would need a ind of quick resume.
Thanks!
I did compile a book on the immortals
http://www.pandius.com/Immortals_of_Mystara.pdf
And you can easily see what knowledge you give to the players and what not --rituals, portfolio, and restrictions or bonusses would apply as good to them, Immortal Stats never , history however might be learned partially at a later time

Other Important compilation book might be http://www.pandius.com/pages_of_virtue.pdf
and this post in my blog
https://breathofmystara.blogspot.com/20 ... ed-by.html

have fun
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:20 pm

Look into the Immortals section in the Vaults of Pandius too http://pandius.com/imm.html where there is also the definitive Codex Immortalis by Marco Dalmonte also in italian, but probably too detailed for players: http://pandius.com/codeximm.html but maybe you could take only the list of Immortals and their domains/interests.

MPA
Ogre

Post by MPA » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 pm

Enrico wrote:
Thanks!
I guess I don't understand your question and comment? You want to play immortals, but the primary source, Wrath of the Immortals, is too much for players? Too much what exactly? Information? It is most recent and last guide to the Immortals.

Everything else is either obsolete or fan made.
-----
My PC is the Celestial level Immortal Krull, "Patron to all Chaotic humans, especially warriors".
I use the rules based on the RC and WoTI.

Khedrac
Ostego

Post by Khedrac » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:22 am

If you don't want the players to be able to get up and running without agonising over which immortal each one follows, then I suggest you go back to the era of Gaz 1 - and bring in the Churches.

Take Karameikos. We know that the primary Traldaran immortals are Halav, Petra and Zirchev, and we can look up the details of being a follower of a specific one of them when we need to; but the players don't need to know that, nor do they need to know about the less popular immortals - they know that Traldara follow the Church of Traldara (having a rivalry with the Church of Karameikos). They can then learn about the different immortals as the game progresses and they learn about the world.

This way you can introduce specific immortal details as the game needs or the players ask, but you are not asking them to assess a huge stack of lore at game start. For the player of a cleric you can happily allow them to start as a cleric of the church and transition to being dedicated to just one of the immortals therin as the game progresses.
"If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it might just be a crow".

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:35 pm

MPA wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 pm
I guess I don't understand your question and comment? You want to play immortals,
Where does the OP say they want to play Immortals? Immortals are also used in non-Immortal campaign, where PCs are aware of Immortals, but would certainly not know everything about them.

GP

MPA
Ogre

Post by MPA » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:53 pm

agathokles wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:35 pm
MPA wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 pm
I guess I don't understand your question and comment? You want to play immortals,
Where does the OP say they want to play Immortals? Immortals are also used in non-Immortal campaign, where PCs are aware of Immortals, but would certainly not know everything about them.

GP
Well the OP hasn't responded to anyone so, I guess until he/she does with more information, we are stuck in limbo.
-----
My PC is the Celestial level Immortal Krull, "Patron to all Chaotic humans, especially warriors".

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:00 pm

MPA wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:53 pm
Well the OP hasn't responded to anyone so, I guess until he/she does with more information, we are stuck in limbo.
Well, you are... Myself, I think his question was pretty clear.

GP

MPA
Ogre

Post by MPA » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:29 pm

agathokles wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:00 pm
MPA wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:53 pm
Well, you are... Myself, I think his question was pretty clear.

GP
Good for you. Have a great day. :D
-----

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Enrico wrote:
Thanks!
Hi Enirco!

Welcome to The Piazza!

If you have the time later, feel free to introduce yourself to the rest of the people her in this thread.

Karameikos: Kingdom of Adventure gives a quick rundown of the most important Immortals on p115-119 (Yellow sidebar). I think this is exactly what you are looking for :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Return to “Mystara”