[Onyx Path] Aberrant (Trinity Continum) by Steve Kenson now on Kickstarter

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

[Onyx Path] Aberrant (Trinity Continum) by Steve Kenson now on Kickstarter

Post by Havard » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:33 am

The Aberrant setting expands the Trinity Continuum timeline with a new system and setting revised from the ground up. Trinity Continuum: Aberrant is the next edition of the superpowers game Aberrant, released in 1999. This new edition features mechanics that are both flexible and fast as well as nova powers designed to scale through the degrees of power that novas can reach. While the setting is quite similar to the original edition’s, it has been updated to further enable heroic roleplaying.

The Trinity Continuum is a vast timeline of adventure, speckled with dramatic points across the past, present, and future, where heroes - or villains - arise. While each setting supplement will explore part of the Trinity Continuum timeline, these points in time aren't dots in a straight line - this isn't a long-form metaplot to be simply read aloud. Instead, they're points of quantum probabilities. Anything can happen, so it's up to you and your cast to make it happen!

The Trinity Continuum will grow as the timeline is explored, with possible setting supplements handling everything from ancient Greek battalions to two-fisted pulp daredevils, from dystopian brain tech to galactic imperialism.

Trinity Continuum: Aberrant is the newest setting ready to be explored on the Trinity Continuum timeline. Set in the near future, Trinity Continuum: Aberrant depicts a world just beyond tomorrow, in the year 2028. The Trinity Continuum: Aberrant setting allows for a variety of playstyles, from four-color action and space exploration, to political intrigue and deniable top-secret operations.

Not Final Cover Design
Not Final Cover Design
The Trinity Continuum: Aberrant setting book will be 7-inch by 10-inch hardcover book, approximately 250+ pages, with full-color interiors. Contents include:

Chapter One: History
Chapter Two: Setting
Chapter Three: Character Creation
Chapter Four: Organization and Paths
Chapter Five: New Rules
Chapter Six: Quantum Powers and Abilities
Chapter Seven: Technology
Chapter Eight: Storyguide Advice
Chapter Nine: Antagonists & Supporting Characters
Chapter Ten: Setting Secrets
Note: the Trinity Continuum: Aberrant setting book requires the Trinity Continuum Core rule book to play.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... m-aberrant

I remember picking up the original version of Aberrant, but I never got a chance to play it. I did play the other original Trinity Games briefly though. I still havent had a chance to check out any of the new Trinity Continuum games, but I was excited to see Steve Kenson involved with this one.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: [Onyx Path] Aberrant (Trinity Continum) by Steve Kenson now on Kickstarter

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:54 am

I do not have any money for Kickstarter this year. I'll have to get this once it hits retail. I loved the D20 incarnation, looking forward to reading this newer version of the game.
Social Media & Extended Signature

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

Return to “The Wishing Well”