[TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:50 am

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:26 pm
Auren sneaks to the back of the stall, trying to be careful to not cast shadows.

Stealth: 15 + 3 = 18
Fortunately, the late morning sun has left all but the very mouth of the alleyway in shadows. Auren becomes one of those, slipping around the very narrow gap between the stall, and the one along the next "street" of the marketplace....
mah9 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:29 pm
Haldon walks quickly towards the stall, his hand on his war hammer, ready to draw if necessary.

"Horvik! Are you ok in there?"
torkill13 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 pm
"Aye. Think I had a bit too much ale at breakfast!" the fighter grumbled as he caught his balance on the wall to his right. He swung his shield wildly to his left, trying to knock this things off it's feet. His right hand followed the arc of the shield, in another attempt to grab the small creature. "Come here, ya little boot licker!" he cursed, though whether he was talking to his target or the dwarf was unclear.

Bonus Action: Shield Shove: [1d20+5] = 5+5 = 10
Action: Grapple: [1d20+5] = 3+5 = 8
Horvik succeeds in stirring up more dust within the stall, and sees the emptiness within it swirl. There is a muffled 'Hrk!" and one of the planks along the back of the stall swings aside, then swings back into place, rocking back and forth like a pendulum on a single, loose nail at one corner.

Something slams full-bore into Auren, catching her just below the sternum, sending her staggering....

Give me a Strength or Str (Athletics) check for Auren, Angel
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:07 am

Str check: Natural 20
Social Media

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:07 pm

Auren's arms close around something shorter than her, her hands tangling in greasy folds of what turn out to be a tattered cloak. Said cloak winks into sight, along with the greenish-gray-skinned figure struggling against the elf's arm-lock. Yellowish eyes bulge, and its onion-laced breath comes in sharp gasps as the creature tries to squirm from Auren's grip. [Dexterity check 14 vs. Auren's 21]

"Hyazah must-- Hyazah must return!" it croaks, in a raspy Common.

It paws at the elf's forearm with one broken-nailed hand. The other, you notice, is closed fast, knuckles gone a grayish-white.
Rob
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.

torkill13
Hobgoblin

Post by torkill13 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:53 pm

"Nicely done, Auren! Little rodent was too fast for me." Horvick moves forward and grabs the hand that is clawing at Auren's arm and places the blade of his axe on the creature's neck. "Settle down... Hyazah... and tell us what you are doing here."

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:58 pm

Yellow goblin eyes bulge as the creature tries to edge its scrawny neck away from Horvik's axe blade.

"Hyazah-- Master sends Hyazah to retrieve the flower's bud. Master has many important matters on his mind. Master is much too busy to come back to town. He entrusts Hyazah this most important task."
The goblin gives a gravelly, throaty moan that climbs into a high, wheezing cry. "Hyazah fails! Hyazah is seen! Hyazah is-- "

The alleyway's entrances to either side dim, as several figures fill the narrow gaps, shadowed against the brightness of the wider ways of the marketplace behind them.

"You, there!" one of the figures shouts, and you recognize the voice of the guardsman Cristoff. "Breaking of a peacebond and assault with a blade goes against the Grand Duke's Law! Throw down your weapon and release your hostage at once!"

The goblin's eyes narrow, and its jowls quirk upward in a grin. "Hyazah is saved...."
Rob

mah9
Hobgoblin

Post by mah9 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:58 pm

Haldon turns to face the guards, "Cristoff is it? We were investigating the disappearance of the Fiala and other local girls and our questions led us here. Where we found this creature skulking around under some form of invisibility charm. On my honour as a priest of Kagyar, we only wish to question this Hyazah, and then either let him go, or hand him over to your good selves. I am sure you'd agree that an goblin hiding in the back streets is enough to warrant a few questions even in the best of times."

Return to “The Crystal Globe”