[TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
Post Reply
User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4538
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN »

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:26 pm
Auren sneaks to the back of the stall, trying to be careful to not cast shadows.

Stealth: 15 + 3 = 18
Fortunately, the late morning sun has left all but the very mouth of the alleyway in shadows. Auren becomes one of those, slipping around the very narrow gap between the stall, and the one along the next "street" of the marketplace....
mah9 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:29 pm
Haldon walks quickly towards the stall, his hand on his war hammer, ready to draw if necessary.

"Horvik! Are you ok in there?"
torkill13 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 pm
"Aye. Think I had a bit too much ale at breakfast!" the fighter grumbled as he caught his balance on the wall to his right. He swung his shield wildly to his left, trying to knock this things off it's feet. His right hand followed the arc of the shield, in another attempt to grab the small creature. "Come here, ya little boot licker!" he cursed, though whether he was talking to his target or the dwarf was unclear.

Bonus Action: Shield Shove: [1d20+5] = 5+5 = 10
Action: Grapple: [1d20+5] = 3+5 = 8
Horvik succeeds in stirring up more dust within the stall, and sees the emptiness within it swirl. There is a muffled 'Hrk!" and one of the planks along the back of the stall swings aside, then swings back into place, rocking back and forth like a pendulum on a single, loose nail at one corner.

Something slams full-bore into Auren, catching her just below the sternum, sending her staggering....

Give me a Strength or Str (Athletics) check for Auren, Angel
Image
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon
Posts: 9285
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Gender: female
Location: House of Nature

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Princess Strega »

Str check: Natural 20

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4538
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN »

Auren's arms close around something shorter than her, her hands tangling in greasy folds of what turn out to be a tattered cloak. Said cloak winks into sight, along with the greenish-gray-skinned figure struggling against the elf's arm-lock. Yellowish eyes bulge, and its onion-laced breath comes in sharp gasps as the creature tries to squirm from Auren's grip. [Dexterity check 14 vs. Auren's 21]

"Hyazah must-- Hyazah must return!" it croaks, in a raspy Common.

It paws at the elf's forearm with one broken-nailed hand. The other, you notice, is closed fast, knuckles gone a grayish-white.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
torkill13
Gnoll
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: PA

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by torkill13 »

"Nicely done, Auren! Little rodent was too fast for me." Horvick moves forward and grabs the hand that is clawing at Auren's arm and places the blade of his axe on the creature's neck. "Settle down... Hyazah... and tell us what you are doing here."

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4538
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN »

Yellow goblin eyes bulge as the creature tries to edge its scrawny neck away from Horvik's axe blade.

"Hyazah-- Master sends Hyazah to retrieve the flower's bud. Master has many important matters on his mind. Master is much too busy to come back to town. He entrusts Hyazah this most important task."
The goblin gives a gravelly, throaty moan that climbs into a high, wheezing cry. "Hyazah fails! Hyazah is seen! Hyazah is-- "

The alleyway's entrances to either side dim, as several figures fill the narrow gaps, shadowed against the brightness of the wider ways of the marketplace behind them.

"You, there!" one of the figures shouts, and you recognize the voice of the guardsman Cristoff. "Breaking of a peacebond and assault with a blade goes against the Grand Duke's Law! Throw down your weapon and release your hostage at once!"

The goblin's eyes narrow, and its jowls quirk upward in a grin. "Hyazah is saved...."
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

mah9
Gnoll
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:36 pm
Gender: prefer not to say

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by mah9 »

Haldon turns to face the guards, "Cristoff is it? We were investigating the disappearance of the Fiala and other local girls and our questions led us here. Where we found this creature skulking around under some form of invisibility charm. On my honour as a priest of Kagyar, we only wish to question this Hyazah, and then either let him go, or hand him over to your good selves. I am sure you'd agree that an goblin hiding in the back streets is enough to warrant a few questions even in the best of times."

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4538
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN »

"Very well," Cristoff says, after a moment's thought. "You will remand this goblin to my custody, and I shall take him to the garrison for... questioning."

The shadows to either side of the guard stir, and there come several hard 'chaks!' of crossbow strings locking into 'ready' position.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

mah9
Gnoll
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:36 pm
Gender: prefer not to say

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by mah9 »

Thinking quickly, conscious of the crossbows pointing their way, Haldon replies calmly, "We have no objection to that. But as Sergeant Arthol asked us to report any findings to him directly, we will accompany you to his offices at the North Gate." He motions Horvik to bring the goblin forward. "I hope that is agreeable to you."

User avatar
Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon
Posts: 9285
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Gender: female
Location: House of Nature

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Princess Strega »

Auren walks towards Cristoff silently. She thrusts out her arms, extending the goblin to Cristoff, her intention of handing it off.

User avatar
torkill13
Gnoll
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: PA

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by torkill13 »

As Auren started toward the guards, Horvik lowered his axe. "Check its hand. I think I know what it was here searching for, but need to be sure."

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4538
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN »

Cristoff snatches the creature by the back of its shabby cloak, giving it a shake for good measure.

.... which gives the goblin the opportunity to squirm out of its cloak, dashing past the PCs, making for the end of the alleyway. [Opposed, Cristoff's STR vs goblin's DEX: 12 vs 14]

It sidesteps past one of the crossbowmen, its cackle of glee turning into a 'WHUFF!" as it runs headlong into a tall, cloaked figure who'd been lurking just a few steps further away.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon
Posts: 9285
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Gender: female
Location: House of Nature

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Princess Strega »

"Now, what was all that about," Auren asks Cristoff in a stern and resolute tone.

User avatar
torkill13
Gnoll
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: PA

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by torkill13 »

As the goblin started running away, Horvick growled at the guard. "You bumbling idiot! I'll be sure Arthol hears about your incompetence!" He dropped his battleaxe to the ground and grabbed a handaxe from his belt and took aim to throw at the goblin. Just then, he saw a strangers in robes and held his attack. As the goblin crashed in to the robed figure, Horivck shouted, "GRAB HIM!"

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Gnoll
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Pop-Tik »

What have we here? says the cloaked stranger as he holds the goblin down with one foot while checking it's hands.

To those who bothered to notice. He was just passing through when he heard the commotion in the alley way. So, he ditched his bag & got into position at the entrance to the alley to catch him.

Dressed in the garb of a woodsman, he was so hooded and cloaked. It was difficult to make out his face exactly. He was also in leather armor.

Image

With a large bow slung over his shoulders, a quiver filled with arrows, a long sword and some boomerangs, on his belt, and dagger in one of his boots.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4538
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN »

A delicate silver chain is tangled in the fingers of the goblin's right hand, and an equally delicate crystal carving of an eleven-petaled flower has nearly cut into the creature's palm, so hard was he gripping it. So finely cut are the facets, the crystalline flower seems nearly to glow on its own, even in the weak light of the overcast morning.

"Hyazah... Hyazah will gives to you the pretty bud, if you lets him go, yes?"
the goblin wheedles.

The guardsman Cristoff ignores both Horvik and Auren's questions, and stalks past them, muttering in the Hattian dialect of Thyatian.

Cristoff approaches, but is not quite in earshot of Hyazah and the huntsman. Another pair of guards, looking sullenly at their crossbows, block the guardsman's view as well.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Gnoll
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Pop-Tik »

With his foot still on Hyazah's chest, he still tried to pry open it's hands to get at the delicate looking bauble.

This bauble, I don't think it belongs to you, does it?


He was treading the fine line between too much pressure and just enough to hold the Goblin fast under his foot.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4538
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN »

The goblin writhes and wheezes, pawing at the stranger's boot. Then its toothy mouth twists into a grin, yellowed eyes narrowing as it yanks the stranger's dagger from its boot-sheath, driving it into the man's leg. [13+4=17 vs AC 14; 1+2= 3 points of piercing damage]

Hyazah wriggles from beneath the hooded stranger's boot, rolling, scrabbling at the cobblestones to finally make it to its feet, dashing into the marketplace.

...and leaving the pendant behind....
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Pop-Tik
Gnoll
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 am
Gender: male
Location: South East Queensland, Australia.

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Pop-Tik »

Muttering (In Orcish).... I swear the next Goblin that runs into me is a dead one. ....to no one in particular as he carefully removes the dagger from his leg and wipes it on his cloak before re-sheathing it properly. Then he says, Well, at least he kept his word. still more to himself than anybody with in earshot as he pockets the pendant. He grabs his back pack and shoulders it as he limps away while covering his wound with his free hand.

Heading for the nearest the cleric or surgeon. Apparently, forgetting about chasing the Goblin anywhere. They may cross paths again sometime in the near future.

User avatar
Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon
Posts: 9285
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Gender: female
Location: House of Nature

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Princess Strega »

Auren mumbles to herself and shifts her stance.

mah9
Gnoll
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:36 pm
Gender: prefer not to say

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by mah9 »

"Hold there friend!", Haldon calls after the stranger. "Let me take a look at that leg of yours!"

He catches up to the woodsman, and casts Healing Word on his wound.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4538
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN »

mah9 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:49 am
"Hold there friend!", Haldon calls after the stranger. "Let me take a look at that leg of yours!"

He catches up to the woodsman, and casts Healing Word on his wound.
Go ahead and give me the d4+ your WIS modifier to see how many hit points you restore to your new friend.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

mah9
Gnoll
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:36 pm
Gender: prefer not to say

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by mah9 »

[1d4+3] = 2+3 = 5

Once he has finished casting the spell, Haldon turns to Cristoff and says "Now that any chance of questioning that goblin has run away with him, I think we should all go and see Sergeant Arthol and report what has happened."

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4538
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN »

As an aside, if you are rolling for something that either deals or heals damage, go ahead and give me that roll in the same post, going forward. I guess this is the play-by-post equivalent of the "roll your attack and damage dice at the same time" convention used at... conventions. :P
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 4538
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by RobJN »

mah9 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:57 am
[1d4+3] = 2+3 = 5

Once he has finished casting the spell, Haldon turns to Cristoff and says "Now that any chance of questioning that goblin has run away with him, I think we should all go and see Sergeant Arthol and report what has happened."
Cristoff's smug demeanor deflates a bit at Haldon's suggestion, and he casts wary glances at his men. Particularly, at their loaded and cocked crossbows.

He clears his throat, and looks down at the dwarf.

"You just run on ahead and make your report to the sergeant. My men and I will track down this... goblin."

He turns on his heel.

"What are you doing just standing around? It'll be latrine patrols for the lot of you if nobody returns to barracks without a goblin in tow! Now move!"

With a last glance and an audible grinding of teeth, Cristoff and his men break into two groups begin muscling their way through the market square.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

User avatar
Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon
Posts: 9285
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Gender: female
Location: House of Nature

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act I: Little Girl(s) Lost

Post by Princess Strega »

Image

Auren sashays over to the Orc. Her long blonde-brown hair wisps lightly on the breeze revealing its length to be just a little past her waist. Her green eyes sparkle and when they catch the moonlight just right, there is almost a gleam that reveals how sullen she is. The wreath she wears on her head of brambles and leaves she fidgets with a little and her ears poke through her hair almost straight out to the sides.

She opens her mouth to speak to the Orc, getting as close as she can and almost seemingly innocuous and reserved, she whispers very lightly in his ear, What is your name?

Post Reply

Return to “The Crystal Globe”