[TC1 Reboot]Out of Character chat

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Re: [TC1 Reboot]Out of Character chat

Post by Coronoides »

RobJN wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:23 pm
Redmap1 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:53 am
Moris will again attempt to break away. break grapple using acrobatics [1d20+5] = 2+5 = 7 That's not good.
Can he still fire the xbow while being grappled ?
Hmm. Is he right or left handed? Let me know, and give me a 1d6 roll. Let's see which arm the ogre grabbed.
You forgot an option, ambidextrous. We always get forgotten :(
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Coronoides wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:15 pm
RobJN wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:23 pm
Redmap1 wrote:
Moris will again attempt to break away. break grapple using acrobatics [1d20+5] = 2+5 = 7 That's not good.
Hmm. Is he right or left handed? Let me know, and give me a 1d6 roll. Let's see which arm the ogre grabbed.
You forgot an option, ambidextrous. We always get forgotten :(
How binary of me, forgetting those who can swing (a sword) both ways... :oops:
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Redmap1
Orc

Post by Redmap1 »

Ambidextrous. Of course he's ambidextrous.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Redmap1 wrote:
Between bobbling the crossbow from his grappled-hand to his free hand, and trying to fire while getting his teeth rattled, go ahead and try a ranged attack at Disadvantage.
Pop-Tik wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:34 am
Shannon is most probably going to try the same thing he did last round, but this time he will aim for the eyes. Seeing as hitting him in the crotch didn't have much of physical effect on him.
Shannon's second attempt will be a normal ranged shot (not having to worry about hitting the elf, or the cover provided by the remains of the table).
Rob
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

RobJN wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:40 pm
Pop-Tik wrote:
Shannon is most probably going to try the same thing he did last round, but this time he will aim for the eyes. Seeing as hitting him in the crotch didn't have much of physical effect on him.
Shannon's second attempt will be a normal ranged shot (not having to worry about hitting the elf, or the cover provided by the remains of the table).
Just clarifying, not making this at a disadvantage because I'm going for the eyes this time?

Redmap1
Orc

Post by Redmap1 »

Just realised that the twisting of joints was too much for Moris. (Damage=4+9+4=17) (HPs=15) He's now unconscious. But still ambidextrous.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Redmap1 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:05 am
Just realised that the twisting of joints was too much for Moris. (Damage=4+9+4=17) (HPs=15) He's now unconscious. But still ambidextrous.
:( :lol:

I shouldn't be laughing at that, but I am.
Rob

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Pop-Tik wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:06 pm
RobJN wrote:
Pop-Tik wrote:
Just clarifying, not making this at a disadvantage because I'm going for the eyes this time?
Most of the conditions hampering Shannon's aim from his last attack have cleared up.
Rob

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

RobJN wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:07 am
Pop-Tik wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:06 pm
RobJN wrote:
Pop-Tik wrote:
Most of the conditions hampering Shannon's aim from his last attack have cleared up.
Posted my Action.

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

I believe an update on the turn order is in order.
How about always having the full line, but making the action takers in bold and renewing it after every one's action?

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Eutrapelico wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:57 am
I believe an update on the turn order is in order.
How about always having the full line, but making the action takers in bold and renewing it after every one's action?
Do you mean order of initiative?

update, top of the round:
Quarilran- firbolt miss
Horvik-
Pio- action previously stated.
Moris-
Shannon-
Girls-.... where did they go?
Ogres-

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Round's actions compiled, but still missing a wee bit of input.

We need to hear from torkill what Horvik's action(s) will be. If you post here, torkill, I can cross it over into the round's summary post in the other thread.

I'll need a revision of Pio's actions. (You can either edit your attack post, or post your action(s) here, and I'll cross them over into the round summary post)

Milo will need to roll his first Death Save :o

Pop-Tik, if you're not satisfied with my damage roll for Shannon, you can roll it if you wish. (You can edit your attack post, or post the roll here)

Just an FYI: The only hp I keep track of are those of the enemies. I don't keep your PCs' hp in my head (too many other numbers in there! :| ) The dice fall where they may with enemy attacks.
Rob

torkill13
Bugbear

Post by torkill13 »

I posted my actions in the IC thread before I saw this message.... luckily Horvik is still on his feet after that massive slice of the ogre's cleaver.

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

RobJN wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:27 pm
[url=viewtopic.php?p=257808#p257808]

Pop-Tik, if you're not satisfied with my damage roll for Shannon, you can roll it if you wish. (You can edit your attack post, or post the roll here)
I'm quite pleased with the damage, considering I only rolled a 9. Keep the damage you rolled, I'd only do worse.

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

[9+3 is a hit against the ogre! (Don't forget your Dexterity modifier. No proficiency bonus, though, for an improvised weapon)]

Shannon succeeds where the elf failed, and the burning branch shatters against the ogre's brow, showering it with sparks and tiny bits of flaming debris. It screams, and swats at the licks of flame threatening to take hold of its shaggy mane of hair and eyebrows.
[I rolled a 3 on 1d4, +1 fire, +3 Dex mod= 7 points of damage]
I left out the dexterity modifier, because I was making a called shot with a improvised weapon. I'm quite happy with what you gave me and with the outcome of that.

Redmap1
Orc

Post by Redmap1 »

1st death save [1d20] = 6 for Moris

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Redmap1 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:05 am
1st death save [1d20] = 6 for Moris
I hope you pull through.

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides »

Is Quarilran able to get to Morris to administer 1st aid? without invoking an attack of opportunity? As per PHB page 197, it would be a DC10 Wis (Medicine) check to stablise.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

Since Pio, is currently undetected maybe he could drag him into the shadows and stabalise him.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Coronoides wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:12 am
Is Quarilran able to get to Morris to administer 1st aid? without invoking an attack of opportunity? As per PHB page 197, it would be a DC10 Wis (Medicine) check to stablise.
Quarilran is outside the first ogre's threat range, so he doesn't need to worry about an opportunity attack from that one. He also doesn't risk one entering the threat range of the second ogre to reach Moris. He'd only need to worry about the second ogre either attacking him on its turn in the next round, or its opportunity attack if he just grabs Moris to haul him out of range without disengaging.
Rob

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

torkill13 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:20 pm
I posted my actions in the IC thread before I saw this message.... luckily Horvik is still on his feet after that massive slice of the ogre's cleaver.
Wasn't sure what Horvik's hp looks like, but feel free to describe how damaging that blow could have been, if you want.
Rob

torkill13
Bugbear

Post by torkill13 »

Horvik is at 1 hp. Added description to my IC post.

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

RobJN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:07 pm
torkill13 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:20 pm
Wasn't sure what Horvik's hp looks like, but feel free to describe how damaging that blow could have been, if you want.
I don't think Shannon can afford to be hit by the Ogre's even once.

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides »

RobJN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:05 pm
Coronoides wrote:
Quarilran is outside the first ogre's threat range, so he doesn't need to worry about an opportunity attack from that one. He also doesn't risk one entering the threat range of the second ogre to reach Moris. He'd only need to worry about the second ogre either attacking him on its turn in the next round, or its opportunity attack if he just grabs Moris to haul him out of range without disengaging.
Ok how about (hypothetically) move to halfling (partial move), grab Morris’ collar (free handle ‘object’), drag him away (rest of move) possibly suffering opportunity attack (but I still have a trick up my sleeve as a Reaction), medicine check to stabilise (my action).
I’m asking because this is squeezing every last drop of things I can do out of a round and you may decide Morris is not an ‘object’.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Coronoides wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:57 pm
RobJN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:05 pm
Coronoides wrote:
Ok how about (hypothetically) move to halfling (partial move), grab Morris’ collar (free handle ‘object’), drag him away (rest of move) possibly suffering opportunity attack (but I still have a trick up my sleeve as a Reaction), medicine check to stabilise (my action).
I’m asking because this is squeezing every last drop of things I can do out of a round and you may decide Morris is not an ‘object’.
Dragging a limp halfling away from a looming ogreish threat is a wee bit more involved than the freebie "handle actions." It would fall under the "use object" catchall. One potato might be a "handle object," but the whole sack of potatoes? That'll take a "use object."
Rob

Return to “The Crystal Globe”