[Covid-19] What RPG projects are you working on?

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Re: [Covid-19] What RPG projects are you working on?

Post by shesheyan »

Redrawing my D&D 2e 1990s home-brew political boundaries world map. I'll use it for OSE. It incorporates several D&D Gazeteers. Some of the names like Glantri were kept. While others were changed. For example Darokin becomes Jentria. The orange zones are unprotected and dangerous lands. Some zones are not defined on purpose. This world never had a name.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall »

I've just started updating/re-envisioning this campaign idea: World of Swords
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

talsine
Priest of Syrinx

Post by talsine »

Reading a lot of TorgE in preparation to try and talk my friends into playing it, as well as helping my GF prep for her Shadowrun game. Wish i had more time, but work chews it all up

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

shesheyan wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:06 pm
Redrawing my D&D 2e 1990s home-brew political boundaries world map. I'll use it for OSE. It incorporates several D&D Gazeteers. Some of the names like Glantri were kept. While others were changed. For example Darokin becomes Jentria. The orange zones are unprotected and dangerous lands. Some zones are not defined on purpose. This world never had a name.
Nice looking map! What kind of time investment does something like that require?

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan »

Tim Baker wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:30 pm
Nice looking map! What kind of time investment does something like that require?
Tx!

For me, about 2-3 hours tops. I've been doing this kind of map since the early 80s. When I draw by hand it is a very zen experience. I get lost in the stories I tell myself of what is going on in the world while I'm drawing. That is often how I get ideas for my campaigns. I've drawn numerous world maps I never used in a game but used the ideas I got while drawing them. ;)

Finished version of the political map. I've decided to start the campaign at the Minrothad Guilds which are now called Pessaos* Islands (*Portuguese for the word people). A great culture of naval traders and fishermen. I find it fitting. It's the group of islands just below the centre of the map.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan »

Minrothad Guilds redrawn (based on Thorf's map) with names changed to Portuguese. Sea of Dread is Mar Terrivel.

This will be the mega-hex at the center of my world map (0°,0°). 208 miles (8 miles x 26). Code name El Mondo.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Post by Princess Strega »

Nice maps, shesheyan! What program did you use to make the hexmap?

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides »

Not much progress on projects recently due to work pressures. However, did fiddle with Green Isles a little.
http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtop ... 15&t=18430

Green Isles is my D&D 5e setting based on folklore/fairy tales of the British Isles and the isles in 1300AD. Why 1300AD? Well it’s medieval and predates the use of gunpowder in Britain and therefore is like the assumed world of the fairy tales. The Green Isles was run at my local FLGS for several years with tables of up to 16 players. That’s a lot of playtesting!
There is a couple of things happening with this project:
  • First, I’m reading “Knight” by Michael Prestwich and incorporating little hstorical details into my text.
  • Second, I confess I’ve been holding out on you. Only a very small amount of existing Green Isles materials have made it onto The Piazza. I’m going to add new material every week or so for a while. This week I added the Thurse PC race. Thurse are common giants about twice as tall as humans that are found in may stories from medieval Europe.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

shesheyan wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:04 am
For me, about 2-3 hours tops. I've been doing this kind of map since the early 80s. When I draw by hand it is a very zen experience. I get lost in the stories I tell myself of what is going on in the world while I'm drawing. That is often how I get ideas for my campaigns. I've drawn numerous world maps I never used in a game but used the ideas I got while drawing them. ;)
Amazing! Nicely done. I can see how you could find an inner calm working on a cartography project like this.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan »

Princess Strega wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:15 am
Nice maps, shesheyan! What program did you use to make the hexmap?
Thanks Angel,

Hexogapher. Very easy to use:
https://www.hexographer.com

Starglim
Hobgoblin

Post by Starglim »

Starglim wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:41 am
There's more to do on priorities for March...
Another step posted for that agenda.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Post by Princess Strega »

Inspiration has been in my favor for working on my Malathéa campaign setting.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan »

Almost at 5000 words on my sci-fi RPG project. Unlike other attempts in the past years I'm taking it slow instead of burning out after one week of intense and frantic work.

Return to “The Wishing Well”