[TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

All the forum's a stage, and all the men and women merely PCs. We make our posts, and play our parts.
Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Re: [TC1 Reboot] Act III: Stone Within Stone

Post by Coronoides »

RobJN wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:40 pm
Coronoides wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:11 am
RobJN wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:59 am
Coronoides wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:35 am
Quarilran fires off a bolt of magic flame then slides behind the flipped table and crouches to get full cover from the ogre.

To hit [1d20+5] = 1+5 = 6
Sod, no point rolling damage then.
The flipped table is in quite a few pieces, having smashed against the wall after failing to smash against Shannon.
Sod, deleted that bit. Considered moving but don't want to provoke attacks of opportunity.Happy to go toe-to-toe with the ogre a bit longer.
Quarilran landed close to the wall, with 5' between him and the ogre.
Oh goody. But yeh I figured I was within his reach. At least the other one can’t get behind me this way.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Pop-Tik
Bugbear

Post by Pop-Tik »

(Apologies if this is out of turn, but when it comes to my go, this is what Shannon is doing).

[1d20] = 9 So, Shannon grabs another burning log by the safe end from the fire pit & throws it at the same Ogre aiming for they're eyes.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Coronoides wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:35 am
Quarilran fires off a bolt of magic flame .

To hit [1d20+5] = 1+5 = 6
Sod, no point rolling damage then.
The bolt of flame erupt's from the elf's outstretched hand, but dissolves before it can reach the ogre.
torkill13 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:00 pm
Horvik flicks his wrist to release the chain and swings it at the ogre again. "We need our weapons!" he shouts at the others.
Eutrapelico wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:14 am
"Joy!" - Pio whispers as a wide grin crosses his little face.
The Halfling quickly looks around for the chance of finding anything of a better option out of the lot to replace his old weapons.

Blades in place. Short bow at hand. Arrows lined up in his shaft.

A cold look reflects his cold reasoning. Calculating his precise shot that will hurt the monster and help his misfortune partner.

"No more." - Pio mutters under his breath.
... no more arrows. The ogre used them -- along with most of Moris' crossbow bolts -- for kindling.

Pio will have to throw his dagger, or engage at melee distance if he wants to put the hurt on the ogre. [This would either be a move-attack-disengage (to avoid the ogre's opportunity attack) or stay within its reach and risk it attacking]

Moris has gone limp in the other ogre's grip, his crossbow clattering to the floor. The wicked slash across his back looks pretty bad....

[Redmap1, can you roll me the first of three Death Saves (straight d20, 10 or better is good) for Moris?]
Pop-Tik wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:58 am
(Apologies if this is out of turn, but when it comes to my go, this is what Shannon is doing).

[1d20] = 9 So, Shannon grabs another burning log by the safe end from the fire pit & throws it at the same Ogre aiming for they're eyes.
[9+3 is a hit against the ogre! (Don't forget your Dexterity modifier. No proficiency bonus, though, for an improvised weapon)]

Shannon succeeds where the elf failed, and the burning branch shatters against the ogre's brow, showering it with sparks and tiny bits of flaming debris. It screams, and swats at the licks of flame threatening to take hold of its shaggy mane of hair and eyebrows.
[I rolled a 3 on 1d4, +1 fire, +3 Dex mod= 7 points of damage]

As the ogre flails, it aims for the closest target. Reddish eyes, through singed brows, lock on Horvik, and the ogre slashes with its cleaver.
[Yikes! a natural 20. :shock: 2d8+6 for 13 points of damage.]
torkill13 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:00 pm
The ogre slashes at Horvik with it's cleaver. Instinctually, he raises his shield arm to block the swing. with no shield to take the hit, the blade swings past his arm and embeds in the man's muscular chest, severing two ribs and barely missing his heart. As the ogre's cleaver slices in to the warrior, he howls in pain. "And my shield!" The devastating blow drops Horvik to his knee and the chain falls from his hand. He sways uneasily as though he is about to pass out.

The second ogre drops Moris, [... and may or may not be able to swing at Pio, depending on his action]
Last edited by RobJN on Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

torkill13
Bugbear

Post by torkill13 »

Horvik flicks his wrist to release the chain and swings it at the ogre again. "We need our weapons!" he shouts at the others.

The ogre slashes at Horvik with it's cleaver. Instinctually, he raises his shield arm to block the swing. with no shield to take the hit, the blade swings past his arm and embeds in the man's muscular chest, severing two ribs and barely missing his heart. As the ogre's cleaver slices in to the warrior, he howls in pain. "And my shield!" The devastating blow drops Horvik to his knee and the chain falls from his hand. He sways uneasily as though he is about to pass out.

Action: Attack (16 To Hit, 7 Damage)
Bonus Action: n/a
Move: none

[1d20+3] = 13+3 = 16 Chain vs Ogre
[1d4+3] = 4+3 = 7 damage

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides »

Quarilran rushes over to the unconscious Morris and with the ogre looming over him rolls Morris into the coma position, clears a clot of blood from the halfling's throat, and checks for breathing sighing relief when notes the handling still draws breath.
First aid [1d20+0] = 13+0 = 13
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

torkill13
Bugbear

Post by torkill13 »

"The halls of Vahalla call to me..." Horvik's voice was distant and his breath shallow. He managed to rise to his feet, but left the dropped chain where it fell. The fighter took a moment to steady himself and regain his strength from the devastating blow."But not before I prove myself worthy." With a howl of rage, the warrior leapt with all his might toward the ogre, attempting to knock the massive creature to the ground.

Bonus Action: Second Wind (+11 hp healing)
Action: Shove

[1d10+2] = 9+2 = 11 Second Wind
[1d20+5] = 11+5 = 16 Athletics

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Early partial update, because these actions considerably change the till-now-rather-static decisions.
Coronoides wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:21 pm
Quarilran rushes over to the unconscious Morris and with the ogre looming over him rolls Morris into the coma position, clears a clot of blood from the halfling's throat, and checks for breathing sighing relief when notes the handling still draws breath.
First aid [1d20+0] = 13+0 = 13
Whew! No more Death Saves needed for Moris -- he's stable: ambidextrous, unconscious, but not in danger of falling back into Death Save territory unless he takes further damage.
torkill13 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:20 am
"The halls of Vahalla call to me..." Horvik's voice was distant and his breath shallow. He managed to rise to his feet, but left the dropped chain where it fell. The fighter took a moment to steady himself and regain his strength from the devastating blow."But not before I prove myself worthy." With a howl of rage, the warrior leapt with all his might toward the ogre, attempting to knock the massive creature to the ground.

Bonus Action: Second Wind (+11 hp healing)
Action: Shove

[1d10+2] = 9+2 = 11 Second Wind
[1d20+5] = 11+5 = 16 Athletics
The ogre rolls a 4, +4=8!

Horvik catches the ogre around one thigh, digging his grip in to the wound Pio inflicted earlier. The ogre howls in pain, and twists.... but its leg buckles, and it crashes to the ground!
Rob
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.

Eutrapelico
Gnoll

Post by Eutrapelico »

Coming to realize that his ranged attack is not an option, Poo eyed the ogre in time to see the unknown halfling released from his abuse.

"One from afar." - Pio fastly twitches his left hand from where a dagger flies off to the ogre's thigh.

Throwing dagger attack: [1d20+4] = 10+4 = 14
http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do ... &what=sand

Damage
Throwing dagger damage: [1d4+4] = 4+4 = 8

"Many up close." - unsheathing his trusted rapier.

Moving to a more advantageous position in order to strike unseen in his next opportunity.

Stealth
Stealth action: [1d20+6] = 9+6 = 15

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN »

Eutrapelico wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:16 am
Moving to a more advantageous position in order to strike unseen in his next opportunity.

Just to clarify: is Pio approaching the ogre? He does still have movement he can spend this round. (He can draw his rapier as part of his movement)
Rob

Return to “The Crystal Globe”