Next D&D product being announced at D&D Live

The next iteration of the Dungeons & Dragons game.
The Book-House: Find 5th Edition products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Next D&D product being announced at D&D Live

Post by Tim Baker »

On June 18, the next D&D product will be announced during D&D Live 2020. Are you going to watch? What are you most excited about, if so? And most importantly, what's your best guess of what the new product will be? Have there been any hints in the recent Unearthed Arcana playtests?

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Re: Next D&D product being announced at D&D Live

Post by Princess Strega »

Could be Dark Sun, considering that WotC has been hammering out the Psionics rules. This year does seem to be the year of Campaign Settings.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:44 am
Could be Dark Sun, considering that WotC has been hammering out the Psionics rules. This year does seem to be the year of Campaign Settings.
That's a great point. I'm not sure the psionics playtesting has stabilized enough for the rules to be ready for the final product, but perhaps WotC works quicker than I realize. :)

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Dark Sun would be great, but aren't psionics also an important feature of Eberron?

I would love it if they did bring back Dark Sun or another older setting though.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

lookatroopa
Hobgoblin

Post by lookatroopa »

The picture used next to the "Watch D&D Live 2020 at Home" header (which, judging by a reverse image search, is new) and the snowy owlbear shirt design suggest an arctic theme, which might be a bit "out there" as an edition's first foray into any established setting, so I'm assuming it'll be one of the four D&D-specific settings that currently have books out (since it being another MtG plane seems a bit overkill right after Theros). If it's FR, a likely location would be the Icewind Dale, with the picture being an opening in the Reghed Glacier, though I personally think Sossal might be a more interesting place to shine a spotlight on. For Greyhawk, the ice seems a bit too light-coloured for it to be the Land of Black Ice, though it certainly could take place somewhere in the Thillonrian Peninsula. In Eberron, both of the world's poles are known, though the northern Frostfell has seen more detail than the southern Everice. Exandria has the Neverfields of Tal'Dorei, and the Greying Wildlands and Eiselcross of Wildemount.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

lookatroopa wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:21 pm
The picture used next to the "Watch D&D Live 2020 at Home" header (which, judging by a reverse image search, is new) and the snowy owlbear shirt design suggest an arctic theme, which might be a bit "out there" as an edition's first foray into any established setting, so I'm assuming it'll be one of the four D&D-specific settings that currently have books out (since it being another MtG plane seems a bit overkill right after Theros).
Nice job picking up on what might be clues that are in plain sight. I hadn't even considered looking more closely at the artwork.
lookatroopa wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:21 pm
If it's FR, a likely location would be the Icewind Dale, with the picture being an opening in the Reghed Glacier.
Isn't there an Icewind Dale video game coming out? Maybe they're going for synergy with that release.

Return to “D&D 5th Edition”