M1 - A Stranger Among Us - Errata

Discuss Troll Lord Game's rules set here.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

blindluke
Goblin

M1 - A Stranger Among Us - Errata

Post by blindluke »

Reading through my copy of M1, and seeing all the typos, I decided to give it a proofreading pass. Here are the results for the first seven pages. Some spoilers might follow, so be wary of that - I tried my best to hide most of them. Currently, the TLG feedback form does not allow me to submit the findings, but as soon as it does, I'll send it to TLG, and if it makes its way into the module, I promise to go through the rest of it.

Page 1: "The Amazing Adventures logo is Trademark Jason Vey" - "is a Trademark of Jason Vey", as used earlier, would be correct

Page 2: "Airdhe" - the setting is called Aihrde

Page 2: "and bringing the thief to justice or choose another path" - "and bring the thief to justice or choose another path"

Page 2: "Whole tribes and peoples are on the move to the south, east, and north" - if they are moving anywhere but west
from a threat that lies "to the far east of the Blacktooth Ridge", how on earth did were they able to get to the Ridge?
Shortly after this statement, on the same page, we have a direct contradiction "a small group of refugees heading west".

Page 2: "Yesfir Zeba (...) enmeshed itself with a small group of [Fa’ Aeadyn] refugees (...) It was not by accident that Yesfir did so.
Yesfir and many of his kind have been slaughtered by the Fa’ Aeadyn over the millennia." - this paragraph makes absolutely no sense.
It leads the reader to believe Yesfir joined the refugees because they were the persecutors of his kin.
The next paragraph lists completely different, believable reasons. Removing the sentence "It was not by accident that Yesfir did so." makes everything clear.

Page 2: "Blacktooth ridge" - should be "Ridge"

Page 2: "killed by the Rakshasa" - why is this suddenly uppercase?

Page 2: "The sheriff (...) approaches the character" - should be "characters"

Page 2: "The Village founded by Yesfir Zeba" - inexplicable uppercase; also - earlier it is clearly stated that the village was "abandoned some centuries ago"
and "the refugees decided to rebuild the village". Yesfir is mentioned as someone who "joined them in the endeavor and helped", there's no mention of him being a founder.

Page 2: "Walrrun" - should be Walrun

Page 2: "VASSELTUN: The Offer" - VASSELTUN is likely the missing heading from page 4, while "The Offer" makes no sense.

Page 4: "This is a small walled village" - those two paragraphs are likely missing a heading, I am assuming it should be "VASSELUN".

Page 4: "Supplies are scanty and mostly consists of" - should be "consist of"

Page 4: "The beer and food are inexpensive and common fair." - should be "common fare"

Page 4: "His has no primary attributes" - should be "he"

Page 4: "Though called Roston’s Crow by nearly everyone, it is not officially named that. (...) It is named Roston’s Crow" - the latter part should be "It is called".

Page 4: "one of Walrun’s men was killed and two others grievously wounded in the process. Two escaped and headed to the Blacktooth Ridge."
- the second sentence seems to refer to the Walrun's men, but this makes no sense. "Two remaining thieves" makes more sense.

Page 4: "A deal might be struck with a character whereby the prisoner is released if the characters turn over something of value" - the deal seems to be with "the characters", not "a character"

Page 5: "The thief Walrun capture is named Valaski." - should be "captured"

Page 5: "He is a neutral good 3rd human 3rd level ranger" - the 1st 3rd should not be here

Page 5: "Blacktoot Ridge" - should be "Blacktooth"

Page 5: "reaching the Defiles (...) reaching the defiles (...) reaching the defiles" - should be "Defiles", consistent with all other uses

Page 5: "may involve the creatures picking up the characters’ tracks or scent and decide to follow them" - should be "and deciding"

Page 6: Table lists "Wolves", "Owlbears", "Worgs" and "Sprites", but uses singular for "Herd animal" and "Hill Giant"
even though it's impossible to encounter a single one with 1d3+1 and 1d10+20

Page 6: "Just before the tracks enter one of the crevices, the remnants of a raised earthen mound with cobbles atop it is located." - this sentence makes no sense as written

Page 6: "The broken cobbles and the remains of a small bridge (...) lead into the Defiles, and is clear for the first quarter mile. Then it becomes"
- this should likely be "and are clearly visible for the first quarter mile. Then they become"

Page 6: "a huge waterfall During heavy rains" - should be "during"

Page 6: "The Defiles is dotted" - should be "are dotted"

Page 6: "what was once corridors and, in many cases, once utilized chambers" - unless those chambers were utilized only a single time, the second "once" should not be here

Page 6: "In a few areas, there are a series of interconnected chambers" - should be either "there is a series", or "there are multiple series" (it was likely meant to be the first one)

Page 6: "is reduced to a one-quarter mile" - should be "is reduced to one-quarter mile"

Page 6: "the characters have accidentally or been forced to move" - I'm guessing a word went missing and this should be "have accidentally moved or"

Page 6: "Should the characters move at less than the normal pace, they get to add +1d4 to every tracking check depending." - depending on what?

Page 7: "around the swam" - should be "swamp"

Page 7: The encounter table, just like the previous one, lists "Trolls" but uses singular "Green Slime" and "Violet Fungus" even though it's impossible to encounter less than two

Page 7: The encounter table lists "Shallow Cave (see below)" even though there is nothing about a Shallow Cave later in the text.
Both the header below and the map refer to something called "Cavern in the Defiles". The table entry should be changed to "Cavern in the Defiles", or, at the very least, "Shallow Cavern".

Page 7: "These are chaotic evil giant’s (...) Its primary attributes are physical. It attacks (...) Its special abilities" - should be "giants", "Their primary", "They attack", "Their special".

Page 7: "VOLT These neutral magical beast’s vital statistics are" - VOLT is singular, "These" suggests plural, "beast's" suggests singular again,
and then we're back to plural with "Their" and "They". This should be rewritten.

Page 7: "They attack with a bit" - should likely be "bite"

Page 7: "TROLL CHIEF This chaotic evil giants’" - should be "giant's"

Page 7: "2d4+3 daage" - should be damage

Page 7: "VOLT GUARDS These neutral magical beast’s" - this should be "beasts'"

Page 7: "They attack with a bit" - should likely be "bite" (same typo as before)

Page 7: "bulging, pussy" - I hope that those two words are next to each other by accident, and were not placed here together to elicit an immature chuckle; that would be in very bad taste; it does not matter that the second word is used here as an adjective

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: M1 - A Stranger Among Us - Errata

Post by Tim Baker »

Nice job! I was curious why the feedback form won't allow you to submit what you've found. Do you need to wait for account approval? Is it broken?

Let me know if you'd like me to reach out to the folks at TLG. I'm happy to drop them a note. They're generally good at responding quickly.

blindluke
Goblin

Post by blindluke »

Nice job! I was curious why the feedback form won't allow you to submit what you've found. Do you need to wait for account approval? Is it broken?
The way the feedback form is designed, you need to select the product you have feedback for from a predefined list. If the product is not on the list, you can't add the feedback. I reported it on the TLG discord, and it was fixed within minutes. The M- series is now on the list, and I already submitted the whole thing.

Since the fix happened so fast, I am now going through the form to see what else is missing (definitely Character Classes, but likely other products as well). I'll report my findings to the person responsible for the form, so others don't bump into the same issue.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

blindluke wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:57 am
The way the feedback form is designed, you need to select the product you have feedback for from a predefined list. If the product is not on the list, you can't add the feedback. I reported it on the TLG discord, and it was fixed within minutes. The M- series is now on the list, and I already submitted the whole thing.
Cool. I'm glad they addressed it so quickly.
blindluke wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:57 am
Since the fix happened so fast, I am now going through the form to see what else is missing (definitely Character Classes, but likely other products as well). I'll report my findings to the person responsible for the form, so others don't bump into the same issue.
That's really helpful of you. I wish more fans took the time to assist the broader community in ways like this.

Return to “Castles & Crusades”