Heroes of the Vale / Beyond Heroes comes to an end

The civilized world has been reduced to a series of points of light in a great wilderness of danger and monsters.
The Book-House: Find Nentir Vale products.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Heroes of the Vale / Beyond Heroes comes to an end

Post by Tim Baker »

Heroes of the Vale is a D&D streaming actual play series from D&D Beyond. It eventually changed its name to Beyond Heroes. Today, D&D Beyond announced that Beyond Heroes had come to end. While I hadn't watched the series for a while, I was keeping up with the weekly synopses, and the series ends without wrapping up the campaign.

I thought I'd mention this here, as Heroes of the Vale was briefly a Nentir Vale actual play series. After a few episodes, it morphed into a multiverse-spanning campaign, but I still associate it with the Nentir Vale. While I wish it had remained there, the characters grew on me, and I'm sorry to see it end without a conclusion.

DMSamuel
Hobgoblin

Re: Heroes of the Vale / Beyond Heroes comes to an end

Post by DMSamuel »

Oh, wait... they are ending it withOUT a conclusion? Huh- that sucks...
-- DMSamuel --

RPGMusings.com

@DMSamuel

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

DMSamuel wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:06 pm
Oh, wait... they are ending it withOUT a conclusion? Huh- that sucks...
Yep, unless there are more episodes coming out that I'm not aware of. The announcement sounded pretty final. The last episode ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, which is typical for the series, and no mention of wrapping things up.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Tim Baker wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:52 am
Heroes of the Vale is a D&D streaming actual play series from D&D Beyond. It eventually changed its name to Beyond Heroes. Today, D&D Beyond announced that Beyond Heroes had come to end. While I hadn't watched the series for a while, I was keeping up with the weekly synopses, and the series ends without wrapping up the campaign.
3:57 is when the axe falls.

They are moving a couple of the players (maybe PCs) to something called Silver and Steel. And Adam Bradford says he will be bringing back his PC later. I don't know how many of the original PCs were left, but if they don't reboot them, they might drop the occasional bit of history on their PC.
Tim Baker wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:52 am
I thought I'd mention this here, as Heroes of the Vale was briefly a Nentir Vale actual play series. After a few episodes, it morphed into a multiverse-spanning campaign, but I still associate it with the Nentir Vale. While I wish it had remained there, the characters grew on me, and I'm sorry to see it end without a conclusion.
I think it might have been better if this show was a fan thing, rather than a D&D Beyond thing fronted by a D&D staff member who quickly dropped out. Companies have a bottom line to follow, while fans are willing to plug away regardless of how small the fanbase might be. And it's that willingness to plug away on something that might not have a fanbase that actually gives the group the ability to plug on until they build a fanbase.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X »

Did they do something remarkable in the Vale besides destroying Fallcrest?

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

Zeromaru X wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:49 pm
Did they do something remarkable in the Vale besides destroying Fallcrest?
Nope. That was the most notable event related to the Vale.

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X »

That is... really sad. I mean, I didn't liked what Mearls was doing with the Vale, but that was better than just doing nothing, and then destroy the place for funsies...

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

Zeromaru X wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:27 am
That is... really sad. I mean, I didn't liked what Mearls was doing with the Vale, but that was better than just doing nothing, and then destroy the place for funsies...
I agree with you. It was Todd Kenreck who destroyed Fallcrest. And in fairness, a wish spell restored it. So he didn't leave it destroyed.

Return to “Nentir Vale”